Recent content by Cantabrian35

1. Cantabrian35

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

It was also because the two best teams in 2005 (Parramatta and St. George) did what they did best in the 2000's, crumbled under pressure. Unfortunately, the likes of Penrith, Melbourne and the Roosters are not likely to be so accommodating this year. Brisbane is probably the only top tier team...
  2. Cantabrian35

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

We've played a ton of games in the past few years where we played ugly and lost by plenty. It's been a very long time since we played ugly and managed to win and that can only be a good thing. It has also been a long time since I've been to the footy with a car full of fans rather than...
  3. Cantabrian35

2024 Round 9 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

He's actually a Victorian. Just when you think the bunker decisions can't possibly get worse, Chris Butler awards that try. When the guy scoring the try is the most surprised person on the ground, there is a significant problem. I hope the injury to Paps isn't a bad one, if ever a guy...
  4. Cantabrian35

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I don't think the Tigers will be easybeats today and I expect a tough game. After four straight losses, they'll be desperate to avoid a fifth and it shapes up as a mini grand final for them as they will be closer to the bottom of the ladder than the top eight if they lose again. I'm not...
  5. Cantabrian35

2024 Round 9 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I just watched one of my dogs defecate in the yard. It was more entertaining than this game although it didn't stink as bad. This the worst Penrith has played since 2019.
  6. Cantabrian35

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

Ok, this may be the biggest sign of all... I didn't want to get everybody too excited but it's proven too difficult to contain. In 2004, Sweden won the Men's World Curling Championships and Canada won the Women's title. In 2024, Sweden won the Men's World Curling Championships and Canada won...
  7. Cantabrian35

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

In 2004, the South Sydney coach (Paul Langmack) was given the sack mid-season. Just saying...
  8. Cantabrian35

Rumour Dodd

It apears the Rabbits are on the verge of announcing his signing.
  9. Cantabrian35

Team after the bye

According to the nuffies at Foxsports, one of the Ryan Suttons at the club will be back in round 12. The other one is out for the season. I'm hoping it's the good one that comes back early.
  10. Cantabrian35

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

I remember staying to the very bitter end of last year's game and never feeling so low in all my time as a supporter and while yesterday's game won't extinguish that memory, it was great to be sitting (and standing and jumping) in the crowd yesterday with a whiff of optimism that I haven't...
  11. Cantabrian35

News NRL investigating after vape thrown at referee Gerard Sutton after Sydney Roosters’ 22-20 win over Newcastle Knights

This is a very mindless act... I believe vapes cost a lot of money and they would cause minimal harm.
  12. Cantabrian35

2024 English Super League Thread

That was his seventh team in the past eight years and he didn't play at all in 2020. Pretty soon he'll be known as Nu Club.
  13. Cantabrian35

Official 2004 Premiership Team / 20 Year Reunion

Garry Carden, he was a long term trainer and conditioner with the Dogs.
  14. Cantabrian35

A wins a win

I left the game last night with a bad taste in my mouth and my grandson heard me swear for the first time. It was pretty difficult to stay composed after such a promising start but maybe there is a positive to come out of it. If we had won comprehensively, we may have gone into next week with...
  15. Cantabrian35

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Which one of the Reads has given you the inside scoop on this story?