Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
^ stopped reading right there.
Would’ve just been more dribble not troubling the scorers. Onya Flappy Gums…

Let’s see how the Dogs go in 2024.
In the meantime, you go and grinch Christmas - you know, who to blame for weather you don’t like, who stuffed up the meal, what presents you didn’t get blah blah blah. We all know who you’ll blame too :-):
View attachment 98859
The kennel should employ scorers. Proper nones. Impartial ones. I'd love to see (or at least sense) the smug grin getting wiped off your face when you realise just how badly you are actually faring in these arguments lololol

I love Christmas, and I love my family... they won't hear so much as a negative word from me about the food... unless Mum decides to put vinegar in the pavlova, which is an approximate culinary equivalent of what Gus is doing to this once great club lololololol

Merry Christmas, Dink...I hope you get what you asked for from Santa this year.... even though I do think it's slightly weird for a grown man to be playing with an action figure of a bumbling football administrator.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The kennel should employ scorers. Proper nones. Impartial ones. I'd love to see (or at least sense) the smug grin getting wiped off your face when you realise just how badly you are actually faring in these arguments lololol

I love Christmas, and I love my family... they won't hear so much as a negative word from me about the food... unless Mum decides to put vinegar in the pavlova, which is an approximate culinary equivalent of what Gus is doing to this once great club lololololol

Merry Christmas, Dink...I hope you get what you asked for from Santa this year.... even though I do think it's slightly weird for a grown man to be playing with an action figure of a bumbling football administrator.
TLDR. Might turn my attention to:
IMG_7696.jpeg

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
DD - 87

Failedagain - 0

When there’s zero competition and the scores blow out like this, it actually gets a bit sad and boring ..
It’s savage isn’t it. Failedagain is really having a tough week… almost as bad as the recruitment daddy failedagain has had with afb, dearden, welsby, Tracey, Curran all saying no thank you!!!

Savage stuff!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s savage isn’t it. Failedagain is really having a tough week… almost as bad as the recruitment daddy failedagain has had with afb, dearden, welsby, Tracey, Curran all saying no thank you!!!

Savage stuff!
He’s still batting away though and keeping those quotas up ..

You go look through the threads for some footy chat, and the bloke has pretty much hijacked everyone of them and has spent the best part of the last week arguing with people on them .. and it’s the same argument over & over …

I’m actually feeling sorry for the bloke, he must have no life ..

Image1703312290.015876.jpg

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Savage stuff!
hahahaha the funniest thing was 04 scheming saying that senior's recruitment of Volkman was "handy" while slamming the recruitment of Crichton.

It's good comedy to keep us entertained over the off season. The Saints supporters are lashing out from their dudcruitment.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Been thinking a little more about our recruitment of all these utilities. With the lack of Middles available, could we have made the conscious decision to stock up on tradable utilities? If any team suffer injuries and have poor depth in positions 1,3,4,6,7,9,13 and 14, then Gus has a plethora of utilities at his disposal to target some middles in beneficial trades. Just a theory, interested to see if it plays out like this, because I don’t expect all these utilities to see out their contracts.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of us remember when we were dubed the entrtainers, latter the dogs of war, we have to go one way or the other, what way will C.C. go
One thing that we can be certain of is that the roster Gus has assembled will be the make or break of C C in 2024..

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Been thinking a little more about our recruitment of all these utilities. With the lack of Middles available, could we have made the conscious decision to stock up on tradable utilities? If any team suffer injuries and have poor depth in positions 1,3,4,6,7,9,13 and 14, then Gus has a plethora of utilities at his disposal to target some middles in beneficial trades. Just a theory, interested to see if it plays out like this, because I don’t expect all these utilities to see out their contracts.
that’s a great idea. Even if it’s not the tactic. It could certainly help.

I tend to think it’s a tactic. Small mobile pack. Six agains. Speed. It’s a Tigers like tactic that also worked at Penrith in the early 2000’s.Ciro was with both clubs and could be thinking along those lines.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
that’s a great idea. Even if it’s not the tactic. It could certainly help.

I tend to think it’s a tactic. Small mobile pack. Six agains. Speed. It’s a Tigers like tactic that also worked at Penrith in the early 2000’s.Ciro was with both clubs and could be thinking along those lines.
Yeah I agree with that too mate, hopefully run other teams around, second phase play lots of players in motion

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think recruiting all these average utilities will stall someone like joash papalii ability to get a run in the 17 this yr. Id love for him to have a roaming roll from the bench from r1