Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What fetish? Our forwards have been getting bent over for years and Phillip Ronald McDonald Gould has done SFA to fix the problem. Wanting good props so we can compete in the ruck isn’t a fetish, it’s just basic common sense.
This only thing basic is you. You really think you are the only one that can see we need a prop or 2. Do you think we throw money around and limit our cap for the next 5 yrs just to please you now. You constant attacks against gus is laughable. Was it you or your afterbirth that mentioned Gus weakend our pack but not signing or replacing TPJ Thompson or the CW. I’m not sure if you watched any games or just sit here and talk shit but TPJ n Thompson took 1.6mill and gave absolutely nothing in return. So no way would Thompson be offered a new deal and as for you Waddell having 1 decent yr in his time here doesn’t justify a new deal plus he is a part of the pack that got dominated. He don’t stand up and demand a new deal so why would we offer him anything. You say the team is weaker but all the new signings has strengthened our 30man squad. How the team is assembled for round 1 I don’t know but no doubly we have a better,more experienced and talented 30 than last yr.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where I love the hypocrisy of the #ClownCrew. They’ve said many times that Cleary came back to Penrith and undid what Gould set up yet Gus walked in to a quality squad to win the 1988 title at the Dogs :tearsofjoy:.

Which one is it going to be? Credit to the builder or credit to the coach who got the chocolates? Can’t have it both ways. Seems a clear cut case of ‘blame the guy in the chair right now because I don’t have the sugar hit I want right now’. Typical backseat drivers.
The answer to …”Which one is it going to be” …… depends on what suits their agenda at the time ..

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is where I love the hypocrisy of the #ClownCrew. They’ve said many times that Cleary came back to Penrith and undid what Gould set up yet Gus walked in to a quality squad to win the 1988 title at the Dogs :tearsofjoy:.

Which one is it going to be? Credit to the builder or credit to the coach who got the chocolates? Can’t have it both ways. Seems a clear cut case of ‘blame the guy in the chair right now because I don’t have the sugar hit I want right now’. Typical backseat drivers.
What is it that you think he built… almost the whole squad were local juniors who had been playing together since they were teens, and Ronald McDonald Gould certainly wasn’t the one training them. You guys are deadset hilarious with the nonsense you talk.

Wonder how many comps Penrith would have won if they lost the chin… as Gus almost did lol.

But yeah… cReDiT tO tHe BuILdEr!!!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This only thing basic is you. You really think you are the only one that can see we need a prop or 2. Do you think we throw money around and limit our cap for the next 5 yrs just to please you now. You constant attacks against gus is laughable. Was it you or your afterbirth that mentioned Gus weakend our pack but not signing or replacing TPJ Thompson or the CW. I’m not sure if you watched any games or just sit here and talk shit but TPJ n Thompson took 1.6mill and gave absolutely nothing in return. So no way would Thompson be offered a new deal and as for you Waddell having 1 decent yr in his time here doesn’t justify a new deal plus he is a part of the pack that got dominated. He don’t stand up and demand a new deal so why would we offer him anything. You say the team is weaker but all the new signings has strengthened our 30man squad. How the team is assembled for round 1 I don’t know but no doubly we have a better,more experienced and talented 30 than last yr.
The only thing he understands is 'getting bent over'.

That is why he is TROLLING on here.

Has been bent over one too many times.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What is it that you think he built… almost the whole squad were local juniors who had been playing together since they were teens, and Ronald McDonald Gould certainly wasn’t the one training them. You guys are deadset hilarious with the nonsense you talk.

Wonder how many comps Penrith would have won if they lost the chin… as Gus almost did lol.

But yeah… cReDiT tO tHe BuILdEr!!!
Looks like your caps lock is broken flappy gums.
Could it be anything to do with the dribble that cascades into your keyboard daily? Fair chance.
You’re welcome. Follow me for more helpful hints :-).

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So your solution is to just get rid of underperforming forwards and not replace them? Thompson’s time was seriously injury plagued and he is undoubtedly a better player than he has shown, TPJ was inconsistent, but still made impact at times and was the biggest body we had… Waddell was just starting to play his best footy… so we let these three players go, have found absolutely nobody half decent to replace them, cleared up all this cap space, and Gus and Ciraldo proceed to waste it on utilities. It’s absolutely laughable. We could have probably secured Thompson for considerably less than he was on, and Waddell wouldn’t have cost much at all, but yeah, fam, dying to hear your take on how getting rid of forwards to bulk buy utilities is a good strategy.

Much like Gus, I think you think we’re still living in 2000 the way you talk about the cap. Most of the gun clubs have props on 1 million or close to it. The Broncos paid an absolute mint for Haas and JFH is on close to 1 million. Clubs can pay that much for props now. Recent cap increases enable them to do it.

There’s a reason the sharks were willing to pay 1 million a season for AFB. We have to pay the being shit tax on top of market value, so AFB for 1.1-1.2 million would have been good business. Shedding forwards from an already light pack is not.

Not to mention Gus failed to convince Vaughan to stay last year. Or didn’t even try. His decision making, recruitment and retention have been a disaster.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like your caps lock is broken flappy gums.
Could it be anything to do with the dribble that cascades into your keyboard daily? Fair chance.
You’re welcome. Follow me for more helpful hints :-).
My caps lock is fine, baby! Alternate caps/ lower case is commonly used to make fun of stupid ideas…. Like suggesting Gus “built” a team consisting almost entirely of local juniors lololol

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gonna say something positive hear and say that im so impressed that u manage to write all those words without abuse, threats of violence and telling the recipient to kill themselfs. Bravo bowy!!!

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing he understands is 'getting bent over'.

That is why he is TROLLING on here.

Has been bent over one too many times.
And who exactly do you think is bending me over? Logic devoid posters like you? Lololol

our forwards are the ones who’ve been getting fucked for the past few years. It’s like Gus is trying to assemble the worst pack in NRL history lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Im gonna say something positive hear and say that im so impressed that u manage to write all those words without abuse, threats of violence and telling the recipient to kill themselfs. Bravo bowy!!!
Never told anyone to kill themselves but if you do please tag me I want proof.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can you explain what Gus actually did to restructure finances.
Brought in new major sponsor Oak when Sanyo pulled the plug. Turned out to be a decade long association only ending after the three-peat. Penrith’s executive at the time was a bit of a joke including an ill-fated CEO stint by former Bulldog Corey Payne who replaced the equally disastrous and recently punted Justin Pascoe. So Gould did a lot to keep the lights on until they got their front office together, like it or not flappy gums.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brought in new major sponsor Oak when Sanyo pulled the plug. Turned out to be a decade long association only ending after the three-peat. Penrith’s executive at the time was a bit of a joke including an ill-fated CEO stint by former Bulldog Corey Payne who replaced the equally disastrous and recently punted Justin Pascoe. So Gould did a lot to keep the lights on until they got their front office together, like it or not flappy gums.
Flappy guns...lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember Corey Payne as their ceo. Still have no clue how he got the role but I wasn't aware that he replaced the walking rug pascoe. You really do learn something new everyday

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My caps lock is fine, baby! Alternate caps/ lower case is commonly used to make fun of stupid ideas….
Thanks for the scoop - like I needed an explanation from he who needeth the crayon box. Stupid ideas? Like ‘penis envy’ due to cold weather in Canberra?
The prosecution rests, your honour :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I remember Corey Payne as their ceo. Still have no clue how he got the role but I wasn't aware that he replaced the walking rug pascoe. You really do learn something new everyday
Corey is no dummy but his mouth runs like a toilet in Temple Bar. So he got the job easily enough but being a toe tredder he annoyed a lot of people. Suddenly an ‘overseas business opportunity’ arose and they ‘didn’t stand in his way to pursue it’. Nothing to see here :-).

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for the scoop - like I needed an explanation from he who needeth the crayon box. Stupid ideas? Like ‘penis envy’ due to cold weather in Canberra?
The prosecution rests, your honour :-).
You seemed to think there was an issue with my caps lock, so clearly you did need an explanation lol. It's ok if you don't get my jokes, Sophisticated humour isn't for everyone.