News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case you didn’t notice, he’s broadly removing the “deadwood” under the old regime - only Davey, Brown and Pele were signed by Gus and turned over from last season, all the other players are pre-Gus recruits. A little accuracy helps….
But hes replaced them with more deadwood

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But hes replaced them with more deadwood
@04 Dreaming Every player in the top 30 signed or re signed by Gus except for Fox.

Davey Pele Brown Reynold Quai Ward Hoffman Clarke Casey TPJ all signed by Gus. All didn’t see out contract. TPJ by choice.

Gus re signed RFM, signed Sutton now trying to move them on. Oloapu future is clouded. They don’t want him just move him on.

Alamoti Averillo Flanagan Thompson JMK not signed by Gus. Moved on by Gus.

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming Every player in the top 30 signed or re signed by Gus except for Fox.

Davey Pele Brown Reynold Quai Ward Hoffman Clarke Casey TPJ all signed by Gus. All didn’t see out contract.

Gus re signed RFM, signed Sutton now trying to move them on. Oloapu future is clouded. They don’t want him just move him on.

Alamoti Averillo Flanagan Thonpson JMK not signed by Gus. Moved on by Gus.
Thanks for the fact check. I thought the list provided by @D.O.W. sounded a bit on the thin side

Couple more spring to mind too- Brent Naden and Josh cook

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Davey Pele Brown Reynold Quai Ward Hoffman Clarke Casey TPJ all signed by Gus. All didn’t see out contract. TPJ by choice.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the fact check. I thought the list provided by @D.O.W. sounded a bit on the thin side

Couple more spring to mind too- Brent Naden and Josh cook
Gus never signed Brent Naden. He was signed before July 2021. Gus did release him. Didn't Gus post a photo of them at the Chinese?

Who signed Josh Cook?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If AFB imagines himself in our side, we'd be be stronger than Saints or Tigers with him, but my guess is the Dragons and Tigers will offer him more than us, especially Tigers. Hopefully Gus's silky tongue works on him. Very interested to see if he makes a quick decision
I was of the understanding that a player breaking a contract could not have its value upgraded by another club.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds retired, Quai-Ward was a mid-season depth recruit, TPJ was signed under Trent Barrett and the previous Football Management, not Gus.

Hoffman and Casey were previously with us and not established first graders neither was Clarke.

Davey, Pele and Brown are fair game, he took the gamble and turned them over, it’s no different to a lot of clubs in the NRL, let’s be realistic.

Further, the top clubs don’t need to turn anyone over, they are stacked with origin and international reps… the bottom 8 teams (for example) are trying to put together a good mix of talent from the slim pickings that’s available.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest who benefits from a picture of Gus meeting AFB?

* The bulldogs, as everyone has been screaming for a Prop and know that other than a HB that is our weakest position, this will quieten the mob a tad.
* AFB Management, lets the other teams Wests/Saints know that there will be competition for his signature.

What I still don't understand is the terms from the Warriors as relates to a like for like replacement. While I would love for them to take RFM off us. Can't see them thinking it is like for like. So even if we are AFB's preferred destination if we can't agree terms with Warriors we will be sunk. Will AFB choose his second option or will he wait another year and not be at the dogs until 2026. Thats another 2 seasons away and will not be able to sign with us until another 12 months. IF he really does want to come to Sydney for his parents can't see him sticking out another (2) year.

So whether it was Gus or AFB's management or simply a Bulldog fan that got excited when he saw the meeting, does it really matter?

For me I don't care and whatever helps the Bulldogs I'm all for it.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Ok I’ll bite, hey buzz gobbler tell me if you have a losing culture and players who have been a part of that culture get resigned . So you change coaches and try the same thing. Well that is what has happened. Gus has made changes but you can’t replace 30 players in one yr for you have to resign a few and cycle them out. The only decent guy who left was averillo but we replaced him with better players . You think he didn’t get offered a contract ? He chose to leave on more money. Alamoti should have been kept but was going to be a reserve grader and had an attitude and was a little thick like you. The funny thing is you and by you I mean your split personalities clown c.nt , boi flange think you know more about what it take and you actually believe it. Even Marley aka “i told you so” believes he knows more . We should have sign hollbrook to please him. That one but us in the arse with his winning ways , oh wait nope he is an assistant . Hmm isn’t that what you all call our coach, the club you support. I hope the new covid finds you , all three of you lol.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some people just can't help themselves!!! If we signed AFB for 2025 we will be contenders. Our backline is stacked with quality, and plenty of depth, and if Chrichton can cut it at fb, our spine looks pretty bloody good to me. If Mahoney can stop overplaying his hand, and Sexton step up to allow Burton to do the same then we have a very good team.
But hey, you do you, keep putting the club down, im sure it will help the club rise up.
Stop talking sense mate...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok look.

It's a TROLLfest.

Back slapping and hi-5ing each other on who can write the bigger load if crap.
It has ruined the kennel tbh. Every thread is just the clown krew and the realists going back and forth. I can’t see most of the clown content and don’t want to, but it’s nearly as bad when all you can see is the rest of tk arguing against them. I wish we could just discuss footy, but instead the whole site is a mass debate with the clowns and them masturbating each other… fml.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has ruined the kennel tbh. Every thread is just the clown krew and the realists going back and forth. I can’t see most of the clown content and don’t want to, but it’s nearly as bad when all you can see is the rest of tk arguing against them. I wish we could just discuss footy, but instead the whole site is a mass debate with the clowns and them masturbating each other… fml.
What ruining threads is narrow minded and frankly deluded fans inability to take on alternative views or information that upsets the narrative theyve been fed and blindly believe in

@Polly Power @Flanagun @Nasheed @Marki and other maligned members strictly talk about the topic at hand. There are a number of posters who strictly avoid the topic at hand and instead attack the poster with a barrage of insults, abuse and genral bullying tactics which unfortunately turn threads into a bit of a cess pit