Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
than reality will set in when they play Newcastle and chelsea after those 2 games hahaha
Both Newcastle and Chelsea are very beatable tho and I'd be thinking they'd win those ... being Man United.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. He's been making strange comments for some time and it's worrying for you tbh. I just don't think he's up for it.
Looking that way ... i think he is worn out.

Comments like that make me wonder if he wants out ... he has had to put up with drama after drama.

As i and others have mentioned the team selection and subs against City were nonsensical.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is Fellaini doing these days? He would be perfect for route 1 dinosaur football.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking that way ... i think he is worn out.

Comments like that make me wonder if he wants out ... he has had to put up with drama after drama.

As i and others have mentioned the team selection and subs against City were nonsensical.
It wasn't just about City tho as this year his lineups and subs have been puzzling. Keeping Varane on the bench was mad imo? Taking off Armarat and bringing on Mount. Mad. Taking off your young Dane when you're looking to win. Mad.

The drama has often been magnified by him too. Let's be honest.

The whole Sancho thing should've been dealt with behind closed doors but he brought that out into the open much more than it needed to be.

The signings.

Look at Pep and Klopp. They never seem to go back to their previous clubs to get players, do they? I can't think of any tho I believe there was one with Pep?

Ten Haag? And he signed those players because they knew his 'way' of playing at Ajax and wanted to replicate that. Ok.

But now he's saying he can't do that because he doesn't have the players even tho he spent 400m odd on bringing in the players he wanted and a core of them coming from the club he previously managed...

Dead man walking if you ask me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have always maintained that Bruno and Rashford are way better suited for the counterattack.

Sam Allardice might be an option moving forward :grinning:
Rashford has fallen off a cliff this year. I thought he'd got that consistency last year and finally would live up to his potential but ...

Bruno is a decent player but ... not a superstar and was never captain material

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't just about City tho as this year his lineups and subs have been puzzling. Keeping Varane on the bench was mad imo? Taking off Armarat and bringing on Mount. Mad. Taking off your young Dane when you're looking to win. Mad.

The drama has often been magnified by him too. Let's be honest.

The whole Sancho thing should've been dealt with behind closed doors but he brought that out into the open much more than it needed to be.

The signings.

Look at Pep and Klopp. They never seem to go back to their previous clubs to get players, do they? I can't think of any tho I believe there was one with Pep?

Ten Haag? And he signed those players because they knew his 'way' of playing at Ajax and wanted to replicate that. Ok.

But now he's saying he can't do that because he doesn't have the players even tho he spent 400m odd on bringing in the players he wanted and a core of them coming from the club he previously managed...

Dead man walking if you ask me.
Hard to disagree with any of that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of the 25 players to have been presented with at least 5 big chances in the Premier League this season, only two are yet to convert one:

Marcus Rashford
Rasmus Hojlund

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
though he has been right a few times....
Broken clock is right twice and all of that ...

What he's doing now and has been doing for some time is detrimental to the club. While I 100% agree that the owners aren't the answer, Neville has repeatedly put the full blame of results on them and doesn't hold any players nor managers accountable.

He mentioned last night about Ten Haag not getting things right, and the players not being up to scratch but then comes out with a statement like this saying the players have got nothing to answer for.

I'd be livid with him if I were a United supporter. As a Liverpool supporter I hope he keeps up the good work, and manages to have Ten Haag for as long as possible in the manager's chair just like he did with his mate Ole.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Broken clock is right twice and all of that ...

What he's doing now and has been doing for some time is detrimental to the club. While I 100% agree that the owners aren't the answer, Neville has repeatedly put the full blame of results on them and doesn't hold any players nor managers accountable.

He mentioned last night about Ten Haag not getting things right, and the players not being up to scratch but then comes out with a statement like this saying the players have got nothing to answer for.

I'd be livid with him if I were a United supporter. As a Liverpool supporter I hope he keeps up the good work, and manages to have Ten Haag for as long as possible in the manager's chair just like he did with his mate Ole.
sure but thing is that united have had top managers in mourinho and van gall and they were still shit under them