Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We don't do that anymore, pay overs for inconsistent players
As Gus likes to say. He doesn’t underpay players. But at the same time he isn’t going to overpay them either. If he feels he can’t give a player the right money he will tell them to look elsewhere.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the employee at the front desk still has a job

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s 24, played a grand final and at the very least as a backup you can’t go wrong very valuable in that regard. Covers the situation where Critta doesn’t set the world on fire at fullback Taafe has some speed and can tune into set plays. Overly criticised by some I think his a handy player sitting behind Fatrell who can do a job and potentially could be developed by Ciraldo.
i dont think Taafe will be coming to the dogs to play the role of a back up player after being in that role with the rabbits...and i think many other clubs would be after him and he could easily command 450-500k

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactamundo. And look at the TK meltdown.
A day after the Tino saga I bet Gus was more than happy to throw some burley to the scribblers :-).
Would not surprise me at the slightest that Buzz was punked by Uncle Arthur and Gus...they deliberately fed him the wrong information. Something the Late Great PMoore was synonymous for.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i dont think Taafe will be coming to the dogs to play the role of a back up player after being in that role with the rabbits...and i think many other clubs would be after him and he could easily command 450-500k
Any confident young athlete would like their chances of breaking into FG @ the Dogs much better than the Bunnies

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any confident young athlete would like their chances of breaking into FG @ the Dogs much better than the Bunnies
i would play him fullback and play crighton in centres...but i think the dogs will have yo pay close to 500k to secure him as im sure he will be in demand

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish.
You honestly think Bennett paid that much to NOT play him in the 17?
That much? I heard $400k that is not guaranteed a start money in next seasons cap.

On that note though. I am amazed with the attitude of people saying they get paid this much so they have to be picked. That’s bullshit. If any player is playing poorly they can be dropped. Regardless of their price tag.

Averillo has speed. His game in general is that of a squad player. He wouldn’t be a walk up start at any NRL team. His defence is poor.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That much? I heard $400k that is not guaranteed a start money in next seasons cap.

On that note though. I am amazed with the attitude of people saying they get paid this much so they have to be picked. That’s bullshit. If any player is playing poorly they can be dropped. Regardless of their price tag.

Averillo has speed. His game in general is that of a squad player. He wouldn’t be a walk up start at any NRL team. His defence is poor.
He walks into that dolphin team, wouldn't even be surprised if he gets a shot at fullback alongside Herbie with Hammer staying at centre full-time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He walks into that dolphin team, wouldn't even be surprised if he gets a shot at fullback alongside Herbie with Hammer staying at centre full-time.
I would love to see Dolphins steal Jayden Campbell and run with
1. Campbell
2. Isaako
3. Averillo
4. Herbie
5. Hammer (but let him roam and switch with Herbie at times)
Would be good to see a lighter backline just light it up, be refreshing to watch.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taffee will be a great signing.

Averillo has been misused in our team for years now.

His best game in the Blue and White was last year against the Eels at Fullback.

We can’t be paying overs for anyone.

I would resign Burns, such a quality versatile player who plays like a Bulldog. One of the most underrated players in our team.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Taffee will be a great signing.

Averillo has been misused in our team for years now.

His best game in the Blue and White was last year against the Eels at Fullback.

We can’t be paying overs for anyone.

I would resign Burns, such a quality versatile player who plays like a Bulldog. One of the most underrated players in our team.
I really like Burns, it's a shame his body can't keep up with his heart.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone has been destroying us lately. We made Bradman Best look like he was Mal Meninga. Running through a debutant centre in Ward is hardly a glowing endorsement. What has Taaffe done against other teams?

Averillo has more talent in his pinky than Taaffe will ever have
Queensland made Bradman Beast look like an immortal.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Campbell
2. Isaako
3. Averillo
4. Herbie
Would be good to see a lighter backline just light it up, be refreshing to watch.
There’s a few points in that backline!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I was watching the game and the commentators saying Taaffe was looking for a club, it reminded me of the story about the great Bullfrog himself watching Steve Mortimer for the first time playing for Turvey Park and apparently saying "That kid will never pay against us..!" and signed him up soon after...

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem for Burns is there's only a certain number of spots in first grade and NSW cup, and we've got the next group coming through like Wilson, Skelton and Samrani so he may find himself the odd man out.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Problem for Burns is there's only a certain number of spots in first grade and NSW cup, and we've got the next group coming through like Wilson, Skelton and Samrani so he may find himself the odd man out.
Is Wilson signed for next year?

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Campbell
2. Isaako
3. Averillo
4. Herbie
Why would you move Hammer from FB hes literally been probably the best fb in the comp this year lol
Fuck hes a good player, Phins would of got him for cheapish too! Wish we made a play, imagine him and fox making a break oooft

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would you move Hammer from FB hes literally been probably the best fb in the comp this year lol
Fuck hes a good player, Phins would of got him for cheapish too! Wish we made a play, imagine him and fox making a break oooft
Wayne has already moved him from fullback to centre.