Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly can't tell if those are people in the photo or mannequins.

End of the day, the current roster is a bit off the pace of contenders. Whatever changes that the staff feel the need to make will be the rope they use to swing by or hang themselves. Not every signing we make is going to be an established star, and I honestly don't think we'd get far trying to sign 17 rep players.

So assuming that we do sign the guy, at least let him have the chance to impress.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would be a great signing, but wtf GUS! sign a prop fuck me

Maybe we've signed a prop and Gus isn't telling us shit?
I think this is more likely. Gus is just not telling us what he is really doing,
Frankly seems to me just too easy (add odd) for Gus to be caught talking to a potential recruit in plain sight. I’m sure something (a forward) from left field will surface to surprise us all.
I still, for the moment, maintain the faith.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he runs 60 of those metres in one run past EQW and he scores off it, who’s fault is it then ? ‍♂

You’re forgetting… he didn’t pull off those stats against the panthers or storm. He pulled off those stats against the team with the worst defence in the league… going by your logic let’s sign Tyson Gamble… and offer him the captaincy and half the leagues club too
Nothing to do with whether we should sign him or not, just saying that blaming one player because he had a great game against us is just wrong .. EQW was nowhere near 1st grade ready, but he wasn’t 100% at fault, Taaffe cut through more than just EQW on the night ..

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is the title of the article Gus ‘caught’ meeting with Blake Taaffe. It should just be Gus meeting with Blake Taafe. Create controversy = create clicks

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's like Drinkwater but without all the good things that make Drinkwater a good player...if that makes sense lol. His decision making isn't great, anticipation isn't great, execution is sloppy. I just thinks he's an incredibly average player and I don't see him as someone that has a high ceiling. This feels like another Hayze Perham type signing.
Except Taffe actually has had good games in FG before the weekend. Hayze has Never had a good game

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing to do with whether we should sign him or not, just saying that blaming one player because he had a great game against us is just wrong .. EQW was nowhere near 1st grade ready, but he wasn’t 100% at fault, Taaffe cut through more than just EQW on the night ..
EQW is a top quality player on the way up. He was having his first game in FG and scored a try. Hes a big unit, a bit like Andrew Farrer.
Taafe ran past him as well as a lot of others. Strange they didnt get a mention. But EQW was trying to defend the outside when Taafe ran away from them. He showed speed when chasing Munro down the side line, and Munro is a flyer.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always wanted Taaffe, great Back up or not he’s still young an be a good FB, critta to the wing an Xerri to the centres. Either way if true I am happy with this signing.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Watching NRL360 tonight, that dumb fuck pig face Crawley didn't change his tampon and started slagging off Gus about meeting up with Taaffe but only last week he said that he is trying to build within and how Des stuffed up the salary cap but yet here he is buying Sexton and Taaffe.
Hey fuckwit....Gus is right, Des did stuff our cap by buying a broken down Foran on $1million per season for 4yrs who spent 3/4 of his time on the sidelines during his stint. Add to that , signing She-Rex on $750k who did sweet fuck all and got Eastwood back from England at $800K. Comparing them to Sexton @ $$250K and possibly Taaffe for around $300k, shows you're an absolute MORON.

STFU monkey face!!
They use the build within as we shouldn't sign players. Well the dumb fucks don't get that within is for the future and signings are for now. We can't throw 18 year old halfbacks and fullbacks in now. Fucking dickheads all over FB using the same terrorcrap lines, build within, 5 year plan. Fucking Muppets run the media.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always wanted Taaffe, great Back up or not he’s still young an be a good FB, critta to the wing an Xerri to the centres. Either way if true I am happy with this signing.
Critta to the wing lol That Covid has really fckd you round. Get well soon bro

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s 24, played a grand final and at the very least as a backup you can’t go wrong very valuable in that regard. Covers the situation where Critta doesn’t set the world on fire at fullback Taafe has some speed and can tune into set plays. Overly criticised by some I think his a handy player sitting behind Fatrell who can do a job and potentially could be developed by Ciraldo.