No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buzz always adds a little jab for bulldogs ( citing anti tampering ) but doesn’t say shit when he says the Titans can fit Hunt in for remainder of year and next year
Yeah he’s an absolute flog only uses his agenda when it suits.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the going back to Qld for family reasons gives him a better chance of agitating for a release .. I’m not sure the Hook sacking or unhappy with the club is a strong enough argument ..

If you look at Flanagan Snr … he added Ennis & Barba & won a premiership

Would love to add Crichton & Hunt & a big prop & get some revenge doing same ..
I agree.....if he is granted a release it will be for family reasons and they will stipulate he can only sign with a Queensland club

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buzz always adds a little jab for bulldogs ( citing anti tampering ) but doesn’t say shit when he says the Titans can fit Hunt in for remainder of year and next year
He’s a grumpy red neck fu<kwit

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope ben hunt doesnt come after this result today we dont deserve him where a basket case

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he is homesick and wants to go back to Queensland.
I think Mal Smellmefinger has got his man, his pokerface yesterday when being asked about it was not convincing that they weren't trying to get Hunt, Look at Origin camp, Tino and Fafita would be in Hunts ear the whole time.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like he is homesick and wants to go back to Queensland.
I think Mal Smellmefinger has got his man, his pokerface yesterday when being asked about it was not convincing that they weren't trying to get Hunt, Look at Origin camp, Tino and Fafita would be in Hunts ear the whole time.
I don’t blame Hunt wanting to play behind a pack with Fotueaki, Tino and Fifita

Or he can come play behind our powder pack

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t blame Hunt wanting to play behind a pack with Fotueaki, Tino and Fifita

Or he can come play behind our powder pack
Our powderpuff pack and team beat the tits which I still find hard to believe actually happened - but there would be parallel conversations with Hunt about who were targeting also which may sound promising.. end of the day, it is starting to look like the Tits will snare him… I can see us with damaged goods Luke Brooks.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we wont get hunt its more looking like he goes to titans bullshit dont know why they want him they got a halfback but ater todays result cant blame him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah we wont get hunt its more looking like he goes to titans bullshit dont know why they want him they got a halfback but ater todays result cant blame him
Levels between Hunt and Boyd. They can just move Foran on to another club.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but fifita on big monry there to and where got heaps of cap space dont we

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but fifita on big monry there to and where got heaps of cap space dont we
Over next 2 seasons we have enough money for a marquee half and marquee middle if available/we can convince them to come. E.g. Hunt and Haas or Koloamatangi (have to convince them of course). Maybe more $ for duds at this rate, who knows.

Looking at who Titan have coming off contract they only really have Kelly so would need to move players on (unless kept 5% of the salary cap unused this year).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunt owns a house in the Shire, where many Bulldogs players live, plus Gould and Ciraldo of course. I’m not sure how playing for the Gold Coast gets him close to his family, they still live in Yapoon as far as I know, that’s 10 hours drive away. if being close to family is important then the Cowboys are really the only choice, which is where Bridget’s brother plays (Jake Granville). Hunt and Bridget still own their original house in north west Brisbane, which is not exactly close to the Gold Coast, a bit over an hour and a half drive each way to training every day.

As far as I am aware it’s not legal (restraint of trade) to tell a player where they can or can not transfer to, that’s why Oloapu had the $500k transfer fee placed on him by the Donkeys if he went to the Dolphins.

My guess is it’s us or the Cowboys, nothing much else looks logical.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hunt owns a house in the Shire, where many Bulldogs players live, plus Gould and Ciraldo of course. I’m not sure how playing for the Gold Coast gets him close to his family, they still live in Yapoon as far as I know, that’s 10 hours drive away. if being close to family is important then the Cowboys are really the only choice, which is where Bridget’s brother plays (Jake Granville). Hunt and Bridget still own their original house in north west Brisbane, which is not exactly close to the Gold Coast, a bit over an hour and a half drive each way to training every day.
It's Yeppoon & the suburb where his house is in Brisbane would take just over an hour each way to the Gold Coast.

And it's about 746km to Townsville from Yeppoon & 754 km to Gold Coast from Yeppoon (approximately.)

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How bad are the dragons? They got this whole ben hunt thing being discussed on NRL360 last night whilst 2 of their players are sitting there smiling and laughing at jokes off camera? Why werent the dragons media team insistent on them coming onto the couch after they discussed Ben Hunt? I cant imagine how fucking angry i'd be if that was say King and Kiraz being on the lounge whilst they discuss JAC agitating for a release?

Also... lol

Hunt has until August 7 to make a mid-season move and the 33-year-old has already been linked with the Titans and Bulldogs.

“I’m told that Ben Hunt is so desperate to get out of St George Illawarra that they might even offer a financial settlement to make it more attractive for the Dragons,” Phil Rothfield said on Big Sports Breakfast Radio.

“So they not only get rid of his million-dollar a year contract, but they might throw in some cash, something like $150,000 to get an immediate release.

“That’s the shock of this story, that he wants out straight away and it’s not the end of the year.

ChesoBulldog

Banned
Reaction score
How bad are the dragons? They got this whole ben hunt thing being discussed on NRL360 last night whilst 2 of their players are sitting there smiling and laughing at jokes off camera? Why werent the dragons media team insistent on them coming onto the couch after they discussed Ben Hunt? I cant imagine how fucking angry i'd be if that was say King and Kiraz being on the lounge whilst they discuss JAC agitating for a release?

Also... lol

Hunt has until August 7 to make a mid-season move and the 33-year-old has already been linked with the Titans and Bulldogs.

“I’m told that Ben Hunt is so desperate to get out of St George Illawarra that they might even offer a financial settlement to make it more attractive for the Dragons,” Phil Rothfield said on Big Sports Breakfast Radio.

“So they not only get rid of his million-dollar a year contract, but they might throw in some cash, something like $150,000 to get an immediate release.

“That’s the shock of this story, that he wants out straight away and it’s not the end of the year.
That was the Matty Johns show. And yes, it has become a shit show for them. Flanno has a huge job on his hands tbh, at first I blamed Hook for how bad Dragons were.. now I think their players are just dead shits that think they run the joint. Lawrie was talking like he was the second coming of Glenn Lazerus and Lomax looks like a huge cock sucker that does not listen to a word anyone says. This is also probably why Hunt wants out.

Also just on Buzz. A lot of what he has reported since the news broke is rubbish IMO. Weidler broke the story, then Buzz straight away puts out a report saying Flanno was not going to grant the release. If anyone read the report, it had quotes from last week. Wasn't even recent. Then I bet he sent message after message to both Hunt, his manager and Carr until he got a response. Buzz is in damage control. He's not the journo that breaks news anymore. Now he is trying to kill the broken news story with all this shit. I am looking forward to 100% Footy tonight.. I reckon Weidler will be on, we'll find out more then.