News Averillo eyeing move to Dolphins

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney and Avo are both average. Is Meaney ever going to play rep footy? That’s the sort of player we want. I don’t miss Meaney at all. He was an above average player then and still is. Probably slightly better this season.

Truth is he wouldn’t even be in the Storm team if Papenhuyzen wasn’t injured.

We need to aim higher as a club and that is what I believe Gus, CC et al are doing. That said, the Perham experience has to end soon. But the fact they signed Critta proves my point. They realise Perham is probably not the guy to be the long term fb so signed the Crit, who might I add is a current Origin rep…
Happy to hear your opinion IGWT and you are well entitled to it, but of course so am I.

2 Points based on my opinion

1. Would we be a better team this year with Meany replacing Perham at Fullback? My answer is yes.

2. IMO - Averillo will play rep footy in the future.

As I said, this is all in my opinion.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying 450k for Avo is bad business but paying 700k for Crichton isn't? Come on, baby....be real with me!
it’s actually a sweet spot.

dig out the smh article, but Crichton is paying paid as a top tier centre, which he is. But he’s probably going to fullback, and at that price, that’s a bargain considering there’s so much upside associated with him

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score

dig out the smh article, but Crichton is paying paid as a top tier centre, which he is. But he’s probably going to fullback, and at that price, that’s a bargain considering there’s so much upside associated with him
Critta is a very capable guy ..... the issue is by how much will he regress when he joins the Dogs? If it's just a little bit then $700k is value for money but if it's a lot then $700k will be overs ....

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wayne shits all over him, fucking facts. Gus is doing an average job with our first grade roster and has us treading water until the next batch of juniors come through. We've needed props for ages and what does Gus deliver? Sutton who has been a complete flop and Pele who can't play more than 10 minutes. Gus has his hands all over our current squad.
Ive been critcising ghoul aswell but you only do it cos of averillo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ive been critcising ghoul aswell but you only do it cos of averillo
I always shit talked Gus. Great at pathways and development but shit at the top levels of the game. Our fans need to get his balls out of their mouth.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I always shit talked Gus. Great at pathways and development but shit at the top levels of the game. Our fans need to get his balls out of their mouth.
Wait, you have another man's balls in your mouth :tonguewink: :tearsofjoy:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fox
bit.ly/3X9aPlw
'Wayne's got his man' ✅

The Dolphins are reportedly set to sign a 'strike weapon' in a big move that will leave the Bulldogs 'disappointed' bit.ly/3X9aPlw
Do your thing @djdeep4172

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People also forgetting young Samrani is in the top 30. Isn’t he a gun centre?

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugh this is actually happening. Losing some serious attacking speed/skill with Averillo gone. But tbh other than his few long rangers, he hasnt been very effective anywhere. He will probably kill it under a proper coach with proper spine/forwards. But as others have said, we need other things first. Casualty of restructure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People also forgetting young Samrani is in the top 30. Isn’t he a gun centre?
He's playing NSW cup today and recently just returned from a major injury. I heard he was going to transition to the backrow but I assume he's staying at centre for now.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we let both go this decision is going to come back and bite us on the arse big time in a few years.

Avo and alamoti will be added to the list of ones that got away that some fans are still salty over

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugh this is actually happening. Losing some serious attacking speed/skill with Averillo gone. But tbh other than his few long rangers, he hasnt been very effective anywhere. He will probably kill it under a proper coach with proper spine/forwards. But as others have said, we need other things first. Casualty of restructure.
I don't want to see Averillo leave but you're right, casualty of restructure. However,Gus better get this squad balance thing right.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to hear your opinion IGWT and you are well entitled to it, but of course so am I.

2 Points based on my opinion

1. Would we be a better team this year with Meany replacing Perham at Fullback? My answer is yes.

2. IMO - Averillo will play rep footy in the future.

As I said, this is all in my opinion.
No problem exchanging opinions mate. Meaney would obviously improve us if he replaced Perham but that wasn’t the question. I just have an issue with people making out he’s been turned into the goat by Bellamy. Yes that is exaggerating, but my point is, I don’t rate him in the top 10 fullbacks and probably not top 15 or 20 wingers. That’s average. He’s a good, reliable player that has some versatility. He’s not the sort of player that will make a difference either way.

I’ll put it like this, how many times have you seen Meaney make a break with footwork? Me, I can count on my hands it’s that few. If that‘s what you want in a fullback, good luck making finals, let alone winning a comp. I want a fb that threatens the defence every time he carries the ball.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's playing NSW cup today and recently just returned from a major injury. I heard he was going to transition to the backrow but I assume he's staying at centre for now.
Yeah he’s coming back from an ACL? He’s still eligible for flegg isn’t he? Hopefully just gets game into him. We have enough second rowers FFS

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah he’s coming back from an ACL? He’s still eligible for flegg isn’t he? Hopefully just gets game into him. We have enough second rowers FFS
I think he's 21 but not 100% sure. I think the backrow talk came from his time at the Sharks so it could be a different story here

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real talk is Avo staying or going makes no difference . He is sub standard first grader who has never been able to handle the defence required at grade. Has great pace but not a lot more.
He’s our 2nd highest try scorer. Lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

The problem with that theory is Crichton is a really crap fullback lol.

700k is a lot of money for a centre, which is why Penrith were happy to let him walk. You don’t make yourself a contender by paying 700k for a centre lololol