Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waddell has been a different player this season - as cut out the rubbish errors and conceding penalties in his past! Now he has shown he can execute and play eyes up footy - hmmm - I wonder where this confidence can take him.
I reckon he is on track to be re-signed at this stage.Going well, pretty stiff with that sin bin today and CC has improved him nicely.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now we know the trick with Burns, he needs to play with one leg. Amazing game, interchange with Averillo when setting up both tries.
Reynolds did not have any tries assist but he took the line on & commited the defense before any inside passes. Forwards were able to make much more ground. Flannagan take not.
Edwards shown today he has much potential. There are lot of young kids that will are going to get better.
Congratulation, Ockenbor & Perham was surprising good.

Only weak point was Alamoti & Casey combination. I do not to be critical to our young players, but I he is struggling in FG. His speed can effect his defense & also his attack he had half chances. He has a great passing game, so can see him developing as a lock forward. Interesting when Kiraz is back whether Burns is dropped. On today's performance it would be hard.
Burns not getting dropped he just moves to other wing

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE="hackenbush, post: 4670831, member: Dragons last try resulted from a blatant forward pass.
[/QUOTE]

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the lack of early ball to Averillo is now obviously a big no no. Thanks to CC and Burns, we now know that early ball and backing him up would be a wise move to boost our attacking play.
I wonder why averillo got early ball , quality ball and ball in space this arvo
Hmmm I wonder what it could’ve been

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AVERAGE PLAY THE BALL SPEED
3.2s DRAGONS

4.18s BULLDOGS

Stats from NRL.com
As I suspected, Atkins with the two ruck speeds. I did not think Dragons were particularly dominant through the middle with a prime Taumalolo