Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
Honestly the lack of effort and putting their heads down hurt me the most.

PS Dallas does suck but Dez did catch it lol
Looooong time lurker, like for years Ive been lurking this forum...I'm on here religiously...and finally took the plunge to participate.

Brother @ASSASSIN , you have been the voice of reason on this forum for years, don't lose hope...The boys put in tonight, cant fault them (dumb mistakes here and there noted). It was the worst possible scoreline in the end, but nothing went our way. I was gutted by the end result...we made some crucial mistakes at time but we were holding our own until the sin bin.

No team could handle the short turn around plus the injury toll..ontop of a lopsided penalty count. We showed heart and fight until the sin bin finally broke us. I was gutted for the boys because no way does that scoreline indicate the effort they put it and it shouldn't define the group.

We have a big break to turn this around. I'm backing the boys to push the eels and I personally think CC will have them absolutely firing after the dissapointment of today.

I hate excuses, but I reckon we have a genuine few today. Onwards and upwards brother...we are improving, keep the faith.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He kicked the field goal but the lead up to that was all fox. If anyone should be getting credit for that win its Fox.
You see like I said - no footy IQ. Who the fekk gave the Foxx the opportunity to strut his stuff. That’s right a classy 5/8 with vision and big kahuners to put in the deft cross field kick deep inside our territory!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Looooong time lurker, like for years Ive been lurking this forum...I'm on here religiously...and finally took the plunge to participate.

Brother @ASSASSIN , you have been the voice of reason on this forum for years, don't lose hope...The boys put in tonight, cant fault them (dumb mistakes here and there noted). It was the worst possible scoreline in the end, but nothing went our way. I was gutted by the end result...we made some crucial mistakes at time but we were holding our own until the sin bin.

No team could handle the short turn around plus the injury toll..ontop of a lopsided penalty count. We showed heart and fight until the sin bin finally broke us. I was gutted for the boys because no way does that scoreline indicate the effort they put it and it shouldn't define the group.

We have a big break to turn this around. I'm backing the boys to push the eels and I personally think CC will have them absolutely firing after the dissapointment of today.

I hate excuses, but I reckon we have a genuine few today. Onwards and upwards brother...we are improving, keep the faith.
Yeah I'm just hot headed in the game day threads.

PS with sensible posts like this, stop lurking and post more my bro. Evens up our hot headed, shooting from the hip posts.

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah I'm just hot headed in the game day threads.

PS with sensible posts like this, stop lurking and post more my bro. Evens up our hot headed, shooting from the hip posts.
100% understand, game day is a gift and a curse sometimes. It's been a tough long stretch for us fans...but I honestly belive we are getting closer to better days.

Cheers for the encouragement, hopefully I can add some value around here, been a long time coming that's for sure.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton would add some X factor but seeing as Okunbur has been a regular in the 17 most likely he will get the call up to replace fox next week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Skelton would add some X factor but seeing as Okunbur has been a regular in the 17 most likely he will get the call up to replace fox next week.
We need him in the forwards.

Skelton will own their wingers.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You definitely couldn't. Twerking for Burton yet continually attacking Averillo, embarrassing.
Okay if the criticism is unwarranted towards Avo then he should hold his spot in the team beyond this year. His fate is in his own hands so let’s see how it all unfolds.

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what CC does. For mine you bring in Skelton as a direct replacement for JAC (possibly Casey) and Jayden takes Reynolds bench spot to cover middle and outside back if required.

Skelton is still an unknown in first grade but we may as well give him a shot, bloke breaks tackles like no tomorrow and could provide an x factor.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m fkn embarrassed for them. Dopey *****
Did they really talk up the win?! Hahaha I turned it off at full time. Fmd, those ***** are dreaming if they think they would have done half that if we didn’t lose our winger early. That shouldn’t affect a team so badly, but it obviously did to us. Okunbor would normally be there to plug the hole, but tbh Ciro had few options. It’s easy in hindsight to say, but Topine/Preston at centre with Alamoti to wing was bad, really freaking bad. Souths only good play was taking advantage of it, but blind Freddy could see it was where to attack.

At halftime I thought Ciro could shift Avo to JAC’s spot, but then we needed a centre to replace him. He has pace at least to help in D, or he could have moved Burton to centre and play Grub at 6, but we still would have had the problem of Alamoti not being quick enough.

The sad truth is we were up shit creek without a paddle with no bench player capable of playing in the backline. Injury and Ox’s suspension fucked us badly leading into this game. Just write it off and worry about how we go with something resembling a full strength team, which we haven’t had all season yet still have 3 wins under our belt.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That stupid shuffle and dummy that Perham does all while doing the Josh Reynolds style run towards the sideline consistently kills us and ruins Averillos attacking opportunity
How many times does he fuck up a sweep play by running behind a support player and then he submits, because he’ll probably get penalised for obstruction? It does my f’n head in man. So many attacking plays stopped dead in their tracks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Love how everyone turns on each other after a loss
Relax fuck yas. We were always going to lose with so many key players out aswell as sutton on the whistle.
We will be better next week
I'm thinking of banning myself from game day threads lol

Too many emotions in 80 mins lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always amazes me how short people’s memory’s are on this forum, most people learn when they are constantly proven wrong.
They’re seriously clueless, blind or both bro. How the fuck do you watch that game today and think Burton deserves most of the criticism?! He was one of the few that threatened to score, and did score a double, which would’ve been a hat trick if stupid grub didn’t get in the way. It just blows my mind anyone could ACTUALLY believe that Burton is a problem. And when you point out Flanno, Perham etc are the attack’s biggest issues, you’re deflecting… hahaha, so dumb.

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm thinking of banning myself from game day threads lol

Too many emotions in 80 mins lol
Better to be emotional in an online thread then infront of your kids on Good Friday....

Deadset...my kids have the warpest view of footy and the English language from watching Dogs games with me