Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also why the fuck was Hetherington binned ? Seemed he was being victimised on reputation
Answer: Ben Cummins. I’m surprised he wasn’t binned or sent off sooner.

BC :“Hetherington, you can go to the bin for 10”

Hetherington: “For what?”

BC: “For being on the field and you’re wearing Blue & White, now GO!”

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People gotta understand this is a new team they need time to gel I was most proud today of their defence and the will to win under heavy adversity, the ref smashed us first half we hung in there our defence was excellent when we went down to 12 men our attack will eventuate you can see signs with burton to dufty which wasn’t a forward (shit ref) also burtons kicking game first class ,special mention to max king thought he made a great impact of the bench though we still have dumb plays by certain players at crucial times aka kicking dead From a grubba instead of giving it to the halves Honestly momentum killer!
I thought we should have won by a lot more considering we clearly where wining the arm wrestle anyhow after all is said I’m proud of the boys grit to win ugly win but wel take 100%!bring on the Bronx DOGS OF WAR !

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Credit to JJ, he had a chat to the crook and all of a sudden we won the penalty count 5-0 in The second half.
I'm not sure but I think Jack eyeballed him or gave him a little wink silently suggesting get this shit sorted or its fubartown for you cocksucker :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's after midnight in Wait Awhile, I've had a Nana nap and I wanna crack a fucken can right now lol.
I am glad the try got rescinded as he was offside but I would have still been proud of the 2nd half effort if we had of lost because it was jaggy the knock on to Fidow and we were staunch under the pump our D was pretty good.

The manner we did it we all agree was quite patchy but with promise for the weeks ahead and although the Cows were a bit shit we were playing on their deck and it should be a fortress given the humid conditions.
We were strong in the second half and the W could be a real boost for next week and beyond.
Still need work on discipline and some errors etc but we're in decent enough shape going into round 2 with some confidence, I think the boys bonded there today.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Defense i was very proud of. We really choked the Cowboys in attack

Our attack was woeful. In some attacking sets, i thought we were still being coached by Hasler. Burton hardly got any quality ball early in sets.

Our body language shows winning is a strange concept as well. Will take time for this team to gel.

Bro

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how he gets annoyed with the boys for not celebrating a try . Leadership right there
Yes, Jako is a solid player and has always put in 120% in every game, but I have never seen him as an inspirational leader in the slightest.
Mind you I am not on the field with him so I don't really know.

And nether do any of you who are sitting at a keyboard...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always celebrate the wins. #proudtobeabulldog

8:38 PM · Mar 13, 2022·TweetDeck

Retweets

Quote Tweets

Pablo's Hustle

@PabloDaScrub

Replying to
@NRL_Bulldogs
Nothing little about that. Massive win for us and the first Rnd 1 win in god knows.

Shotzz

@impulsegrenades

Replying to
@NRL_Bulldogs
Addo car, burton, dufty, Ava,Max king, JMK,naden played quite well with heart.

Animal!

@AdamNipperess

Replying to
@NRL_Bulldogs

The legend! The man himself! Josh Addo-Carr. If only his energy and enthusiasm could be bottled!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How much of a weapon is Burton’s boot it’s ridiculous how well he can strike a ball. It’s a nice upgrade on the old bogan bomb of years gone by.

We don’t win without that tonight.
Every aspect of his kicking game is gold.
Short, long, spiral/bombs, line drop outs, goal kicking and even restarts (i know one too deep) but the kick off to start the game inch perfect, when was the last time we held the opposition team to 30m from the kick off?!

He kicked us to a win quite literally

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every aspect of his kicking game is gold.
Short, long, spiral/bombs, line drop outs, goal kicking and even restarts (i know one too deep) but the kick off to start the game inch perfect, when was the last time we held the opposition team to 30m from the kick off?!

He kicked us to a win quite literally
the kick off the first one was gold had the cows pinned the first set