News Bets Ban Smells Of Hypocrisy

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was kind of thinking the same thing actually. I bet the club won't be getting rid of pokies. How long would the Leagues Club last without them ? How would we get on without the massive grants from the Leagues Club ?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow so the Nrl is surviving from the pockets of corporate bookies? Nothing can go wrong there hahaha. Thats probably why it feels like the winners are decided before the games are even played, the refs just have to make sure it goes to plan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow so the Nrl is surviving from the pockets of corporate bookies? Nothing can go wrong there hahaha. Thats probably why it feels like the winners are decided before the games are even played, the refs just have to make sure it goes to plan.
WWE is less scripted than this backyard league.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club only have themselves to blame on this one. Rothfield is just waiting to stick the boot in because of Gus and we pretty much have given him a free hit.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs copping it from all angles well I guess it’s over to the footy team to fire up and play like they aren’t a bunch of lost sheep.

Guys we have all been on the need more time to gel train,they are paid professionals and if the coaches can’t get them to tackle properly and enough of this shirt grabbing.
And if Barrett can’t get them to stop looking flatter than a busted tyre that’s it two weeks for me is more than enough against weekest opposition we will play.
And the players individually need to be on board and cut the rubbish out of their game
Hetherington,TPJ
If I was Barrett I would offer Jake averilo a $1,000 bonus each time he runs the ball and takes line on and a $2500 bonus if he breaks the line.
I’m sure thy might fire him up.

I like the way Barrett talks a good talk.
But now is the time all this recruiting and hype has to translate onto the field.

Time won’t be granted especially if we play like lost sheep.
Enough is enough.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference is they aren't throwing up pokies ads every 2nd ad and during the game.
Yes less advertising but pokies still ruin plenty of lives. It seems hypocritical to get positive PR about being anti gambling when you're still profiting from it.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nothing said about south’s with the juniors club or the crown sponsor on their sleeve. Dt stinks, nothing more than an agenda driven toilet paper

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well last time I took the family to a Laundy hotel we had a great time, kids played out the back on the playground and we all had a nice feed. Believe it or not I didn't slap the pokies and gamble.
Can't remember taking the family to sportsbet or the TAB so there's a little difference that the author isn't describing

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When poker machines start deciding who wins and losers then we have an issue... GET FCUKED YOU CORRUPT ******!
Spot on brother when has a poker machine ever decided the out come of a game. In saying that I've nerver been able phone in, dial up, text in, call up a poker machine to place a bet.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes less advertising but pokies still ruin plenty of lives. It seems hypocritical to get positive PR about being anti gambling when you're still profiting from it.
I don't see positive PR in this bullshit, only whinging.

Plus poker machine companies don't rig the league, the betting agencies do, as this bullshit article proves.