Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think that Baz has given up on JAC coming early. I think he is planning for contingencies. Me thinks he is going to be a very good strategist and a good leadee for years
I agree mate, fuck the few negative nancy's i agree that he will be good for us and it looks to me highly likely will play at fullback..could he turn into a gun there? we shall see.I dont think he is either slow or quick but if he needs to gain some pace i'm sure that can be worked on, still it's not a huge factor imo.

As for what happens in '22 if he has consolidated that position? who knows but that's why Baz gets the big bucks, to put the best team on the park and positionally have them 100% on point and knowing their roles.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I also think that Baz has given up on JAC coming early. I think he is planning for contingencies. Me thinks he is going to be a very good strategist and a good leadee for years
There's 1 spot free, so is Barrett saving it for someone in particular or anyone that becomes available between now and June 30?

Go Dogs

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t complain about that. Should be the most easily achievable too (especially if burton doesn’t even run out for Nsw cup).
I hope so as well but just dont see the Panthers releasing Burton. He is on minimum or close to there & a great back up should one of their starters go down, particularly in a year they would consider a "premiership window". I know if I was a panther supporter, or the shoe was on other foot I would not want him released. Best case scenario(assuming no release), he gets more development time there with additional 1st grade exposure, we come together in 21, then add an extra prop, hooker, centre & Burton & JAC, along with clearing out the riff raff we can at end of their contracts...

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a couple of comments from a few souths fans re Corey:

Calls On The Rabbitohs To Retain Star Back Corey Allan Amid Release Reports

Marty17

Nov '20

Lets hope Tuggers words aren’t ignored as we have no better option for a backup FB IMO.

Longtimerabbitsss

Nov '20

I think he’s our best fullback option, and we’d be better with Latrell at centre

Harley

Nov '20

Corey is a keeper. I understand what Latrell bring to the table and I am not suggesting position changes but some of the takes Corey took were total freakish. I would suggest a lot of other fullbacks would have dropped them.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are we waiting for all the other staff to come back until they announce Allen or?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There's 1 spot free, so is Barrett saving it for someone in particular or anyone that becomes available between now and June 30?

Go Dogs
Just my humble opinion mate but think he is still hoping to get Burton before June 30.

Go Dogs.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I feel like Souths might live to regret this move. What happens if Latrell goes down or gets picked for origin? They’d be spewin they let Allan go.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Averillo gets first crack at 5/8 this year and I guess it depends on how well he performs. He might force Tbaz to keep him in the side
but I have no idea where. Centre is probably the only realistic position at this point unless Allan fails to impress because he would need to have a blinder this year to keep Burton out in 22.
If it is true about Allen been signed then it would appear as though the club or "Barrett" is not sold on Averillo making it, simply because Averillo will only be great at either 5/8 or FB
Unless Barrett sees Burton as a good fit in some other position, after all he is young tough and from stats 190 tall.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it is true about Allen been signed then it would appear as though the club or "Barrett" is not sold on Averillo making it, simply because Averillo will only be great at either 5/8 or FB
Unless Barrett sees Burton as a good fit in some other position, after all he is young tough and from stats 190 tall.
I don’t know if it’s the club not being sold on Averillo I think it’s more of a case of covering all bases. I can’t remember if it was Hill or Tbaz that said they were looking for long term solutions with player recruitment and it was the reason why Benji wasn’t considered. Bringing in Allan gives us more flexibility in the spine and a long term player.

Worst case scenario is we will have Averillo, Allan or Burton not playing in their preferred position and they can slot in straight away if there’s an injury. The ball is in Averillo’s court this year he could cause a massive headache for Tbaz if he performs.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Souths might live to regret this move. What happens if Latrell goes down or gets picked for origin? They’d be spewin they let Allan go.
Sure but you can't pay someone in excess of $300k purely for an insurance policy. If he was playing on the wing/centre/bench and then covered FB if Latrell went down then it would make more sense. However with their stacked backline it seems more likely that he would either be FB or NSW cup.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just a couple of comments from a few souths fans re Corey:

Calls On The Rabbitohs To Retain Star Back Corey Allan Amid Release Reports

Marty17

Nov '20

Lets hope Tuggers words aren’t ignored as we have no better option for a backup FB IMO.

Longtimerabbitsss

Nov '20

I think he’s our best fullback option, and we’d be better with Latrell at centre

Harley

Nov '20

Corey is a keeper. I understand what Latrell bring to the table and I am not suggesting position changes but some of the takes Corey took were total freakish. I would suggest a lot of other fullbacks would have dropped them.
Yous should read the tigers forum, about 15 pages about the kennel and bulldogs. Some though are actually sticking up for the dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it possible Allan moves back to 5/8?