Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a gay man and I will be voting NO on this nonsense. I know that doesn't sound politically correct, I know that gay marriage is inevitable, but I simply don't agree with it and the reason I don't is because gay people seem to want the rights but not the obligations that go with those rights. Now what do I mean by this? I know several gay couples who are both on single benefits from Centrelink when under current defacto law they should be recognised as a couple and paid a couple rate of pension or benefit. Also why do gay people want the right to marry (when the relationship is now recognised as a defacto relationship thanks to changes made by the former Labor Government; a piece of paper doesn't show that the love someone (just look at the ridiculously high rates of divorce in this country). The only winners from this will be lawyers when the marriage breaks down and they need a divorce. Just stupid.
Who created a new profile just to post this?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think I've schooled enough in this post ..

*exhausted*

here is a social impact..

At the moment in schools and public places there is segregated men's and female bathrooms, obviously to give people a safe place to go to the toilet without sexual issues to worry about

Can we imagine in schools if young impressionable kids are taught to experiment etc, little johnny can't go to the bathroom in peace or get changed for PE without someone making an advance, having a peep etc etc. There would be all sorts of claims made by kids.

We all know that a gay club bathroom is a free for all sex room, let's not turn our schools and shopping centre bathrooms into them.

All so gay couple mark and Steve can feel like a legitimate couple. No regard to the social impacts

Vote NO
Adolf Hitler had opinions as well.. doesn't mean they were right!

I'm sorry but if you honestly believe what you say above, I shake my head.

In school about the only things that happened that way were flicking each other with shirts in the dick after PE. Kids aren't about to magically turn homosexual because gay marriage rights are changed, yet that is what you are saying.

Government changes the laws.. INSTANTLY homosexual kids overnight..

Shouldn't we be more concerned about Muslims marrying off their kids in Australia?

If you go into a hospital unconscious they do not require Next of kin authority to save your life
They do if you've suffered a stroke and are unlikely to ever wake up. Happened to my grandmother.

Or if you've been bashed in a one punch attack and are unlikely to regain conciousness.

Or if you've had an accident during an operation (or a car accident) and medical decisions need to be made.

The Gay community need to be more modest. Noone has a problem with gay people, do what makes you happy but just dont force your position on everyone else. Do your business behind closed doors like everyone else does.
Would you consider getting married being something do that makes them happy, and largely behind closed door?

Or having sexual intercourse?

What next.. are you going to start saying only straight people should be allowed to have sex?

*shakes head*

"Marriage" is the term used to unify a MAN and a WOMAN.

If 2 guys or 2 girls or 2 dogs or 2 fridges or 2 fucking trees want to be unified CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE!

Fuck me fucking dead. It's like talking to a brick wall.
Can't... because legally the act is the Marriage ACT.

In order to change it to something different with the same rights, wouldn't require a minor change to the current Marriages Act, but rather creation of an entirely new ACT "The Same Sex Marriage Act", and then appending every other legal act whereby marriage is referenced, and changing it.

The cost would be astronomical and make the $100 million spent on the vote seem like a piss in the ocean.

aside from all the good reasons to vote NO..

Who wants to go to the park for breakfast on Sunday morning, to sip on your coffee, with you kid on the swing, then to see a gay man running through the park in a wedding gown?
Nothing stopping a man and woman getting married and him being a crossdresser ..

What's the difference? You can't legally stop a crossdressing male and a straight female getting married!

I am a gay man and I will be voting NO on this nonsense. I know that doesn't sound politically correct, I know that gay marriage is inevitable, but I simply don't agree with it and the reason I don't is because gay people seem to want the rights but not the obligations that go with those rights. Now what do I mean by this? I know several gay couples who are both on single benefits from Centrelink when under current defacto law they should be recognised as a couple and paid a couple rate of pension or benefit. Also why do gay people want the right to marry (when the relationship is now recognised as a defacto relationship thanks to changes made by the former Labor Government; a piece of paper doesn't show that the love someone (just look at the ridiculously high rates of divorce in this country). The only winners from this will be lawyers when the marriage breaks down and they need a divorce. Just stupid.
How timely that you join and find this thread straight away...

Things that make you go HMMMMMM

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Not one thing you've said has suggested that you ever supported the YES campaign

You Initially cared about live and let live but then come up with ridiculous assertions that the minority being demonized are forcing their views on others. What a load of crap.

The lgbt community are not forcing their views on anyone it's just traditional fear mongering by the religious types

And then you go onto complain about what type of people are supporting the issue and not the ACTUAL issue.

Yeh right mate I'm that gullible that I'm going to believe you once supported SSM/sarcasm
This is the exact reason Trump won in America and potentially the reason why the No vote will get up.

People like yourself who disrespect others right to an opinion.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The LGBT acronym is getting way too confusing these days, they are adding new letters all the time. Too confusing which is why I will vote no.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People do realise it doesn't make a difference what the vote says as it's not legally binding.

99% could vote NO and next time parliament sits they could pass Same Sex Marriage laws.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the exact reason Trump won in America and potentially the reason why the No vote will get up.

People like yourself who disrespect others right to an opinion.
So you just equated yourself to the average Trump supporter?

And don't bring out this bullshit mate, you got caught out. You never supported SSM

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's a difference between forcing a vote on someone and campaigning, though. It's the no side who wanted this plebiscite and the subsequent campaigning that goes with it......Re city of Sydney Council.....Councillors are definitely allowed to have a personal view on matters like this and if the majority of councilors support a certain political stance, they will sometimes table and carry a vote. There's nothing to stop a council voting to put up yes banners all over the city and nothing to stop citizens of Sydney voicing their disapproval for that action at the next council elections. I think councils should probably stay out of these matters because it does create ill feeling and can be counter productive to the yes campaign....but the council is within its rights to vote to support the yes campaign if it wants.
So banning Christmas and supporting yes votes.

Sound like my Godless society theory will be a conspiracy fact sooner rather than later.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Forcing and campaigning are two different things.

You still have a CHOICE to either accept or reject their campaigning and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

Forcing means something completely different
So it's like gays choosing to be Gay?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They also sell halal Easter eggs
Yeah but TPTB don't give a fuck about Muslims and Jews. We are their direct enemy and the biggest threat.

But I know you're godless and don't give a fuck about my opinion.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
According to the left you still are a bigot and a homophobe.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but TPTB don't give a fuck about Muslims and Jews. We are their direct enemy and the biggest threat.

But I know you're godless and don't give a fuck about my opinion.
Bro seriously ffs

Sydney is decorated with Xmas decorations during Christmas

Every channel shows something to do with Christmas during Christmas

ABC have Christmas specials from INSIDE A CHURCH

Just because they changed the words from merry Christmas to happy holidays you guys are having a hissy fit ffs

December 25th is a pagan holiday anyways to celebrate the winter solstice

Ask any Christian historian and they all say Jesus was not born anywhere near December

Left, right, religious, non religious you're all the same

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They also sell halal Easter eggs
We don't mind sharing our feast days. You going to refuse an Easter egg to a young child just because he Muslim?

There is atheist Easter eggs, they are called eggs. You can make them yourself. Grab some nothing with your left hand and grab some more nothing in your right hand and clap your hands together.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like something a Muslim would say...
They hold the same opinion that Jesus was not the one God. However Muslims believe he was a messiah whereas traditional Jews were killing Christians at the start for following him :grinning: then killed by the romans:grinning: then Jesus said nope sign of the cross in the sky, conquered Rome and Christianity took over Rome yay.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't mind sharing our feast days. You going to refuse an Easter egg to a young child just because he Muslim?

There is atheist Easter eggs, they are called eggs. You can make them yourself. Grab some nothing with your left hand and grab some more nothing in your right hand and clap your hands together.
I.dont want to lose my public holidays I will always defend Christmas tradition

Disclaimer : unless I don't lose the number of public holidays I get in a year

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro seriously ffs

Just because they changed the words from merry Christmas to happy holidays you guys are having a hissy fit ffs

Ask any Christian historian and they all say Jesus was not born anywhere near December

What's the birth of christs day got to do with this? Yes it was changed to the pagan holiday to signify that Christ conquered the pagan world. (Christian belief)

Ask any atheist legit historian and one thing they all agree on is jesus was real and was crucified ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro seriously ffs

Fkn lol you guys cry like girls when I say *** or poof but taking Christ out of Christmas is ok.

Great equality you ***** have... when the world shows respect to everyone is the day i will. So really I don't give a fuck if a *** and a poof get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.