Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still think we should of signed mitch moses when we had the chance..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be honest I can't believe not as many people are alarmed with Foran's performances this season.

I don't want to hear about the warriors being horrible as an excuse. We're worse than the warriors!

Typically when your team spends 700k plus on a half you'd like to see them prove that they're worth that money by playing well. Foran has looked horrible all season and we should all be very concerned.

And of course his numerous injury issues pose even bigger problems. Obviously even an out of form and busted up Foran is better than the halves we have currently but that doesn't mean he is the answer to our problems as we have Reserve Graders playing in the halves.

To me signing Foran could create even more problems. Again, I'd rather our "star" signing wasn't playing horribly, injured on and off all season and hasn't fallen out of love with the game. But that's just me...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can't agree btrainben, he has had some very good games this year. I've watched numerous games, some have been class. That's more then any of ours.

I'll judge him here to as kiwidog said

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he proves me wrong and bounces back, I really do. He was a top 5 half at Manly and even when he first got to Parra.

But I'm extremely concerned with what I've seen and heard since everything fell apart for him since halfway through last year.

As i said earlier, it's rare and worrying that a marquee signing has this many question marks hanging over him before he's even played for us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he proves me wrong and bounces back, I really do. He was a top 5 half at Manly and even when he first got to Parra.

But I'm extremely concerned with what I've seen and heard since everything fell apart for him since halfway through last year.

As i said earlier, it's rare and worrying that a marquee signing has this many question marks hanging over him before he's even played for us.
Johnson deserves to be under the same scrutiny. I work with a Warriors fan who has told me he'd prefer we signed Johnson. Bloke is a pretty fair judge of football too. So while Forans durability does concern me, I don't think his ability should be questioned at this stage. I think the Warriors rushed him into the team this year given that he spent a lot of the off season recovering and their form was already suffering before he returned. If he has a full off season to recuperate I hope he shakes off the worst of his injuries.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Johnson deserves to be under the same scrutiny. I work with a Warriors fan who has told me he'd prefer we signed Johnson. Bloke is a pretty fair judge of football too. So while Forans durability does concern me, I don't think his ability should be questioned at this stage. I think the Warriors rushed him into the team this year given that he spent a lot of the off season recovering and their form was already suffering before he returned. If he has a full off season to recuperate I hope he shakes off the worst of his injuries.
Johnson definitely doesn't get enough criticism. He's played under about five or six coaches now it seems and never runs it enough and drifts in and out of games mentally and physically.

He hasn't improved in three or four seasons and could be the best in the comp if he was ever consistent.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I blame their soft forwards at the warriors

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran will get proper rest and recovery with us the warriors seem to keep rushing him back early cause theyve only got him this year- foran and cleland will be a very good halves combo

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran will get proper rest and recovery with us the warriors seem to keep rushing him back early cause theyve only got him this year- foran and cleland will be a very good halves combo
I've got to say that if Mbye keeps going like he did today (and he like that a fair bit last year) then it will be Foran and Mbye in the halves with Brown at DH. Frawley's kicking was OK but he really didn't do much else.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Signing Foran feels like buying a used car that isn't that old and should run fine, but has a tonne of kilometres and lots of other problems you will have to fix and deal with later on which cost a fortune to repair.

The only difference is that they paid as much money for Foran as you would several brand new luxury cars.

So essentially, they paid a mint for a beat up 2012 Toyota Corolla which has done 357,000 kms, needs a new gearbox and suspension and has dodgy brakes.
Great analogy

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got to say that if Mbye keeps going like he did today (and he like that a fair bit last year) then it will be Foran and Mbye in the halves with Brown at DH. Frawley's kicking was OK but he really didn't do much else.
I think our team would benefit more having mbye at fb and foran/cleland halves brown at 9 thats a pretty good spine

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As terrible as we are, the Warriors (Foran's team) are now below us on the ladder. Good luck to those that think that Foran will be the savior for our team.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You put Foran in today's side with he on the left and Mbye on the right, we score 40+ easily today.

FFS If Mybe and Lichaa could play the way they did today most weeks I'd happily have them at 6 and 9 from next year.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You put Foran in today's side with he on the left and Mbye on the right, we score 40+ easily today.

FFS If Mybe and Lichaa could play the way they did today most weeks I'd happily have them at 6 and 9 from next year.
Yes, slot Foran in for Frawley and it would be a massacre. If Mbye has someone giving him direction I think he can be a devastating 5/8. He's just not a controlling half though. Even Frawley enabled Mbye to do some good things and he hardly did anything.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As terrible as we are, the Warriors (Foran's team) are now below us on the ladder. Good luck to those that think that Foran will be the savior for our team.
Yeh and rts is shit too.

Rubbish comment.

Foran has shown at every club he has quality, no doubt this year is not his best. Doesn't mean he can't do what Mick Ennis did. Went from playing ok solid football to great football again.

People have short memories. He's never been a flop like Adam Blair was at the tigpies and now he is looking at commanding big bucks from multiple options after finding a touch of what he was at the storm.

Foran is light years ahead any half we have had since Noddy. I will back him here and am
Sure as shit glad we got him over mitch Moses or some other over rated player or should we of kept Reynolds or Hodko? We know Foran can be a top dominate premiership winning half. If he can be it for us again will at least get to see.

Last edited:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think Foran won't be rushed into the side at the start of next season after the year the doggies have had?
If Hasler is coach he will want to start him, so can jag a win at start of season and a new coach will rush him in for same reason

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Yes, slot Foran in for Frawley and it would be a massacre. If Mbye has someone giving him direction I think he can be a devastating 5/8. He's just not a controlling half though. Even Frawley enabled Mbye to do some good things and he hardly did anything.
You think Foran won't be rushed into the side at the start of next season after the year the doggies have had?
If Hasler is coach he will want to start him, so can jag a win at start of season and a new coach will rush him in for same reason
If Foran isn't good to go at the start of the season he won't be playing. The Eels all but broke him because of their own selfishness and the Warriors are patching him up because Johnson is busted and Kearney just has to get a win to save his job. We on the other hand don't have a record of doing that to our players. Still, I doubt Foran will play for the rest of this season and will likely not be fit for the start of the RLWC if at all. So he should have plenty of time to recover and rehab.

Status
Not open for further replies.