Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

As terrible as we are, the Warriors (Foran's team) are now below us on the ladder. Good luck to those that think that Foran will be the savior for our team.
Tried saying this a while back... he is not our saviour.
We are in for a bumpy ride the next few years

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day Foran will be a bulldog so let's just give him his opportunity to prove himself rather put him down before he puts on a Doggies jersey.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying he will turn the club around either. All I'm saying is he is better than any half in our club and it isn't even close. A one legged peg leg Foran is still better than Mbye, Frawley and Grub.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've changed my mind for who I want to parner him too, for about the 100th time. I think I want them to go with Mbye and Foran in the halves. Under a new coach of course.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've changed my mind for who I want to parner him too, for about the 100th time. I think I want them to go with Mbye and Foran in the halves. Under a new coach of course.
I know what you mean.
On top of that we have no idea who is actually staying. So many variables in almost every key position.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know what you mean.
On top of that we have no idea who is actually staying. So many variables in almost every key position.
I'm just one of those A hole supporters who changes their mind, on who is good and who isn't by week to week hahahaha.

I've been on and off all the bandwagons so far this year lol. But I think under a new coach we should give Mbye a chance with Foran.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not saying he will turn the club around either. All I'm saying is he is better than any half in our club and it isn't even close. A one legged peg leg Foran is still better than Mbye, Frawley and Grub.
I don't doubt that Foran was once a very good half, i just doubt his ability to get back to that level. 2014 was his last really good season, everything else since has been average. I can't see him being anything more than another dud signing at this stage.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't doubt that Foran was once a very good half, i just doubt his ability to get back to that level. 2014 was his last really good season, everything else since has been average. I can't see him being anything more than another dud signing at this stage.
He was good last year until he blew up lol.

I think he will go good under a new coach.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tried saying this a while back... he is not our saviour.
We are in for a bumpy ride the next few years
Depends on what you mean by saviour. The one thing that has prevented us from being a force this year has been our inability to control games and get into the right position on the field to put pressure on the opposition. Everyone keeps finding fault with our attacking plays but without us having a genuine general on the field we just can't get into position to score. Foran brings that to a side and with a good partner beside him our attack can change dramatically. Given his experience he will have the strength to make sure the DH gives him the ball which changes the way our forwards play. So hopefully they will run straight and hard and create the space for our halves to work effectively. All we need is a FB with speed and we will be highly competitive. So in that sense he may well be a saviour of types. If you are looking for a JT/Hunt type who will take on the line at every opp and score plenty of points then no he won't. That's not his role.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was good last year until he blew up lol.

I think he will go good under a new coach.
He was okay, but he only played 9 games or so. Either way Parra fans are a lot happier with the signing of Moses than they are with the signing of Foran.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by saviour. The one thing that has prevented us from being a force this year has been our inability to control games and get into the right position on the field to put pressure on the opposition. Everyone keeps finding fault with our attacking plays but without us having a genuine general on the field we just can't get into position to score. Foran brings that to a side and with a good partner beside him our attack can change dramatically. Given his experience he will have the strength to make sure the DH gives him the ball which changes the way our forwards play. So hopefully they will run straight and hard and create the space for our halves to work effectively. All we need is a FB with speed and we will be highly competitive. So in that sense he may well be a saviour of types. If you are looking for a JT/Hunt type who will take on the line at every opp and score plenty of points then no he won't. That's not his role.
Foran hasn't controlled a game for a very long time though, that is the issue.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was okay, but he only played 9 games or so. Either way Parra fans are a lot happier with the signing of Moses than they are with the signing of Foran.
Disagree, he was exceptional when he was on the field for the Eels.

Any parra fan saying they prefer Moses is extremely butthurt. Reminds me of saying I'd prefer Sammy p over barba at fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Any parra fan saying they prefer Moses is extremely butthurt. Reminds me of saying I'd prefer Sammy p over barba at fullback.
Just no. Moses has easily out performed Foran at the Eels, there is little doubt over that. You and some other fans are just so desperate for Foran to be the player we need that you're pumping him up massively. A few years ago he was that player, but atm he is a long way away from it. It's possible he might get back to his best and be that player, i hope he is, but atm i have massive doubts simply because he hasn't performed anywhere near his best and physically and mentally looks busted.

For a marquee signing there really shouldn't be this much doubt around, but there is. Us fans have every right to doubt him simply because they're are so many question marks around him and we are signing him on big bucks even though he has been in career worse form for a very long time.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

No doubt they are happy now though but it is a bit after the fact. They were just as happy last year when they were flying with Foran too. Other than the salary cap haha.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just no. Moses has easily out performed Foran at the Eels, there is little doubt over that. You and some other fans are just so desperate for Foran to be the player we need that you're pumping him up massively. A few years ago he was that player, but atm he is a long way away from it. It's possible he might get back to his best and be that player, i hope he is, but atm i have massive doubts simply because he hasn't performed anywhere near his best and physically and mentally looks busted.

For a marquee signing there really shouldn't be this much doubt around, but there is. Us fans have every right to doubt him simply because they're are so many question marks around him and we are signing him on big bucks even though he has been in career worse form for a very long time.
As you say, just no. Comparing Foran to Moses is laughable. Absolutely Foran wins no contest

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As you say, just no. Comparing Foran to Moses is laughable. Absolutely Foran wins no contest
He really doesn't but if you think that then it shows just how much you overrate Forans ability.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think you can rate anyones performances from the Warriors. Its not really a good judge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont think you can rate anyones performances from the Warriors. Its not really a good judge.
I'm not basing it off just the Warriors, i'm basing it from his final season at Manly onwards. The Foran signing was meant to bring leadership and direction to the Warriors team, but he didn't really deliver. He sits back while rookies in Lino and Hingano try and take control. SJ was a bigger loss for the Warriors than Foran.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He really doesn't but if you think that then it shows just how much you overrate Forans ability.
Not at all, just shows you don't know watch the pair of them
Much. Moses was a huge flop at the tigpies, few good games doesn't mean much against a extremely decorated career in Foran.

We will just agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.