Broncos show Bulldogs how to recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I thought is how ****ed Newcastle is .. offer huge overs still wont cut it
Apparently the Broncos paid more I don't understand why they let Hunter go and are paying the same money St George offered hunt to bird who is untested in the halves

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is there enough fans in Brisbane to sustain a second team? They get 40k to the games... But how much do the Sydney teams get (combined)?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
broncos know how to escape a salary cap investigation, just get the person who cheats to quit and the nrl cant even ask him a question

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently the Broncos paid more I don't understand why they let Hunter go and are paying the same money St George offered hunt to bird who is untested in the halves
Want me to get the video off Hunt costing Brisbane the GF again?

He's ordinary that's why

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will if it wins them another comp, and whilst Lewis, Gallen, etc are still there it sort of makes sense to have a gamble on Cronk delivering another title.
Wasn't the NRL traditionally only sydney area comp ?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Want me to get the video off Hunt costing Brisbane the GF again?
Please no.

It's etched in my mind for fucking eternity.

No I will never get over my team losing that way, because of him.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bird and Milford off the cuff players
Only settling influence is Boyd
Can't see how a milf and bird combo will work
But hey it's bennet so he knows better

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its funny how the Broncos go after a player with no fuss and drama and just nail him.

Jack Bird signs four year deal.

When we go after a player or try to retain a star it seems that it is played in the media for 3 months before we end up missing out.

The Broncos can teach us a thing or two about recruitment. I know they have lots of advantages but they sure as hell don't have as many leaks as we do. No-one knew about them going after Jack Bird until the last minute.
Broncos my arse. They've got half of that top end called Qld to themselves and still need to recruit.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its funny how the Broncos go after a player with no fuss and drama and just nail him.

Jack Bird signs four year deal.

When we go after a player or try to retain a star it seems that it is played in the media for 3 months before we end up missing out.

The Broncos can teach us a thing or two about recruitment. I know they have lots of advantages but they sure as hell don't have as many leaks as we do. No-one knew about them going after Jack Bird until the last minute.
Well I suppose if we are prepared to pay massive overs ($350K more than the Sharks) then we could get Bird too. Remind me again how many premierships the Donkeys have won with this great recruitment strategy in the last 20 years? Same as us.....

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Broncos my arse. They've got half of that top end called Qld to themselves and still need to recruit.
All teams have football scouts based in QLD.

What me to name the QLD teams the Bulldogs are linked with.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos operate like this.

Mr Bird, here is your 700k contract yuleh.
Also, there is 2x full time bartender job in the leagues club paying 90k a year, we STRONGLY recommend your parents apply for these positions sir.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, knowing you get your weekends back after 9pm Fridays is enticing

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please. It's no wonder they always get their man.
We've NEVER spent that kind of money on a player, but always spend our entire cap.
Brisbane have a team of internationals and origin players but somehow still have $1.2m a year to spend.
It wouldn't have been much of a decision for bird. It would've been all he could do to not cartwheel out of the office.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disregard the whole sponsorship advantage of Brisbane and how flexible their cap is due to it.

It seems like Des is the one showing the Broncos how to recruit. They now have 2 running halves going into next year. I still can't figure out why the Broncos are going for Bird unless they are shaping up to release someone in their 1,3,4,6. Even then, Bird has basically moved because he wants a half or fullback spot. So it will either be Boyd or Milford leaving, or a 1,6,7 that lacks a genuine organiser and long range kicker. I wonder how that will work out?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
broncos know how to escape a salary cap investigation, just get the person who cheats to quit and the nrl cant even ask him a question
Or don't leave a paper trail.

Invest in one of these.

It's well worth the price. :laughing:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have two points to weigh in with here. 1) arent the broncos owned by news limited? Therefore of course news limited owned papers like the telecrap and courier mail wouldnt want to make a fuss about them going after bird as it might inflate his price. And 2) cronulla didnt lose a half, they lost a centre. And thats half the reason he left. So i dont think they would go hard after or cronk, or even teynolds for that matter. Especially if he wants 800k.

Status
Not open for further replies.