Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I started watching from the set before he dropped it tbh. It isn't even worth debating anymore, people have decided they don't like him and that's it. Atleast i can credit Reynolds when he does well like today. Still laughing at people praising Frawley and calling him a halfback after todays game.
Frawley did ok.. He played long mins and was consistent. Nice pass, Plays like a Holdsworth and good for depth.

I don't know why you think its a debate, both our halves have pros and cons you just seem to think one is worse than the other.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I started watching from the set before he dropped it tbh. It isn't even worth debating anymore, people have decided they don't like him and that's it. Atleast i can credit Reynolds when he does well like today. Still laughing at people praising Frawley and calling him a halfback after todays game.
Who do you think 1 to 5 should be for round 1?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still don't understand what happened to the team that turned up to Brookvale and put the Rabbitohs to the sword
They probably got yelled at by Hasler for being too creative.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No two ways about it thus far mbye looks a dud. He was woeful in the all stars and looked like utter trash before being injured

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Based on trials and nines my team would be
Mbye
BMoz
JMoz
Lee
Hoppa
Reynolds
Frawley
Graham
Lichaa
Klemmer
Jackson
RFM
Eastwood

Woolford
Tolman
Kasiano
To'Omoga

Fast, ball playing fullback.
Depth in wingers for Sunday's.
Structured halfback who goes to the line.
Can't bring myself to have Tolman and Graham on at the same time.
Bench player to rotate backrow.
Impact utility.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garvey couldn't organise a root in a brothel licha still doesn't know what to do under pressure just runs in a circle and passes to the worst bloke possible abbey is rubbish just like remis smith butter fingers so I guess we won't here give them a run anymore thats probably why abbey never gets a crack he cant tackle lol tbh pretty keen for round 1 despite the poor defensive efforts. go doggs
wanna buy a full stop or comma ?

~c.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on trials and nines my team would be
Mbye
BMoz
JMoz
Lee
Hoppa
Reynolds
Frawley
Graham
Lichaa
Klemmer
Jackson
RFM
Eastwood

Woolford
Tolman
Kasiano
To'Omoga

Fast, ball playing fullback.
Depth in wingers for Sunday's.
Structured halfback who goes to the line.
Can't bring myself to have Tolman and Graham on at the same time.
Bench player to rotate backrow.
Impact utility.
Mbye at fullback - I don't think round 1 against storm is where you give a player new position after an awful couple of games for us.
Cleeland is still ahead of Frawley for me.
Woolford isn't going to be in the 17 after no pre season minutes.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most likely team will be:

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Holland
5. Lee (should be at center but won't be if Holland is in the team)
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood (for fuck sakes)
13. Klemmer

14. Kasiano
15. RFM
16. Fualolo (I don't rate him tbh)
17. Taulau

Personally I would prefer Montoya on the wing instead of Holland with Lee at center

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys take a listen to Beastwood's post trial match interview on the Dogs website.
He actually says "Hopefully we can talk Des into letting us play a bit of football."

Say no more guys. Ask us after round 8 whether anything has changed.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys take a listen to Beastwood's post trial match interview on the Dogs website.
He actually says "Hopefully we can talk Des into letting us play a bit of football."

Every.Second.Second"Ya.Know"

The video is 1:23 and I counted 30 "ya know" ....

~c.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's no chance of playing for a hasler coached team.
He'll get to fill in when we get injuries, then someone else will pick him up. Like cook.
Hes a genuine 7.. nothing against Mbye but Moses is a 5/8

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye at fullback - I don't think round 1 against storm is where you give a player new position after an awful couple of games for us.
woolford got 0 minutes pre season which hurts my doggies heart, garvey was honestly so shit every minute he got, at least Lichaa stepped it up for the storm trial game

like it or not Lichaa is the best we have for now, hope woolford makes his mark for the 9 jersey cos we fucking need him to

Reactions: DT

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree with your Mbye at fullback comment, if it was my team I would have had him training there all preseason.
Personally yet to see Cleeland play, so look forward to that.
Based on Garvey's preseason form- would love to see Woolford get a crack, although we all know Des will go with four forwards, obviously Taulau would slot in there..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Melbourne haven't beaten us in the nrl since the 2012 gf. They also haven't lost a round 1 game in like a decade. Something is going to give

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Frawley would be a good halfback option because we just need our halfback to control the team around the park and kick well. Mbye can't do that.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
You're only as good as your last game.
That's rugby league.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly like Mbye as a player but I think he needs a more experienced half next to him (someone like Maloney) to almost show him the ropes of controlling a team.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Case closed!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly like Mbye as a player but I think he needs a more experienced half next to him (someone like Maloney) to almost show him the ropes of controlling a team.
Who played next to him in the all stars game?

Status
Not open for further replies.