The fall and fall of Bulldogs players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Never seen so many dud past players all in one thread... some of those from 2008 were shockers, and i'ts no wonder we got the spoon that year

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
From what I can remember he was a fearsome unit in the front row... then just faded away.
He was a gun for the Bulldogs and later signed a two year deal with the Sharks. I was a fan of Hutch and loved his go forward.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mamin Barba - Bench for Wenty in NSW Cup

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Jake Finn ... Wasnt he a hyped up Australian Schoolboy from Newcastle 20s ??

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Rob Worsley, Chevy Penehoe or Daniel Ezekiel?

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
An interesting thread. Under the structure of the nrl and junior comps there are a lot of players who are never going to make it. That doesn't make them poor footballers. I have known a lot of guys over the years who played Jersey Flegg for example or lower grades for a city club. They were all outstanding footballers. To make it in the NRL it has to be your whole life. You can relax a little when you get older but basically it is everything to you. Many guys just find they can't make that commitment. If you have a good education or another talent you just get drawn away or you find a girl who isn't willing to devote herself to football.

C

chipandchase

this whole thread really shows how poor the NRL has been in not reinstating the reserve grade back to its old format or even bring back the under 23's.
alot of players dont mature until early 20's but if you arent signed by u are 18 or 19 your career is over at present.
id rather watch reserve grade, see how the young blokes are coming through and stick some hard heads in their to show them the way. going from 20's to first grade is very hard and only the elite juniours can do it.

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Chevy Penehoe - appears went to windsor found nswrl article mentioning him from 2010

tim winitana at macquarie scorpions

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the talk was that Karl McNichol would be a star (eg. about half the FG squad in '06 identified him as the future gem coming up thru the grades at the Dogs)

then he signed for the Sharks on big money (reportedly up to $200K a season for a player that had yet to play FG)... they paraded it as the Sharks having signed the 'next SBW'

he played 11 minutes of FG for the Sharks and then was released the following year... has not played FG since to my knowledge

definitely the pick of the flops

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mat Utai is a Perfect example... he literally won us the 2004 grand final.

Obviously he's playing for the tigers, I think he's injured isent he ? havent seen him al season, He was honestly EPIC !! dont know what happend to him regarding his form
True, they realised he's 2 foot tall and kicked high exposing his glaring weakness!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Where's Conrad Ta'akimoeaka these days?

The bloke was looking pretty sharp last year and seems to have gone?

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Another Kevin Moore Phukup!!

Folkes was coach in 08

Kevin Moore started First Grade coaching in 2009, and yes Folkes was coach in 2008 but it wasnt the coaches fault that year for the Fark up, it was the playing roster he was left with and the scraps he tried to make the most of. I have no doubt with the squad that was given to Moore in 2009, had Folkes been given another year, he'd would have gotten us to the GF and prob even won it.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this whole thread really shows how poor the NRL has been in not reinstating the reserve grade back to its old format or even bring back the under 23's.
alot of players dont mature until early 20's but if you arent signed by u are 18 or 19 your career is over at present.
id rather watch reserve grade, see how the young blokes are coming through and stick some hard heads in their to show them the way. going from 20's to first grade is very hard and only the elite juniours can do it.
I agree with you mate. There needs to be a 'path' for the young guys and somewhere decent for the top players who are short on form. For example under 20's, then under 23's, reserve grade and then 1st grade.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Todd Polglase, what ever happened to this bloke he was one of our best when we had that historic win over the knights in 02 ?

EDIT

Just did my own Research and found out he played 3 years for souths and a couple of games with the knights, I just thought he showed alot of promise in that particular game when fox sports re-visited a couple of months ago on one of their chooseday night games

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with you mate. There needs to be a 'path' for the young guys and somewhere decent for the top players who are short on form. For example under 20's, then under 23's, reserve grade and then 1st grade.
If anything they need to go:
NRL - First Grade
NRL - Reserve Grade (feeding First Grade)
NSWRL/QLDRL - As current (feeding NRL Reserve Grade sides)
NSWRL/QLDRL - Bundy Cup (feeding NSWRL/QLDRL sides)
NRL - Toyota Cup

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the talk was that Karl McNichol would be a star (eg. about half the FG squad in '06 identified him as the future gem coming up thru the grades at the Dogs)

then he signed for the Sharks on big money (reportedly up to $200K a season for a player that had yet to play FG)... they paraded it as the Sharks having signed the 'next SBW'

he played 11 minutes of FG for the Sharks and then was released the following year... has not played FG since to my knowledge

definitely the pick of the flops
Karl is playing bundy cup along side Heka at St Johns ......

Status
Not open for further replies.