Zillman signs with Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

Zillman signs with Titans
April 07, 2008

CANBERRA fullback Will Zillman has signed a four-year deal with the Gold Coast, with the 21-year-old set to join the Titans in 2009

A desire to move home was the key reason enticing the young star to the Titans, with Zillman’s family living in south east Queensland.

“I am really excited about the prospect of joining the Gold Coast Titans and I have always had a desire to come home to Queensland and play in the NRL,” Zillman said.

“My family lives in south east Queensland and being able to play in front of them every second week will be really special for my family and I," he said.

Zillman had a breakout season in 2007, where he played 19 games and scored nine tries until he injured his anterior cruciate ligament against North Queensland.

The enigmatic player had only just returned to the Canberra line-up before suffering his second season ending knee injury against Penrith in March.

Titans managing director, Michael Searle, says that the club is excited about having the young fullback despite his injury setbacks.

“William is a fantastic young man and a Queenslander who will be a great ambassador for the Titans and rugby league for many years to come,” he said.

“We have met with his family and they are all excited about the prospect of William coming home and we are pleased to have a young man of such calibre joining our Club. William is a future star in our game," he said.

Zillman made his debut for the Raiders in Round 2, 2006 and has played 24 games with the club, scoring 12 tries.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
2 ACL's in 3 games.

If he can come back from that then great signing, but you gotta feel for the Raiders lol.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
yep poor raiders but if zilman can keep injury free, he will be a great signing for them.

K

Kane 'em

Good signing. Raiders must be spewing after he had two knee recos in the past 12 months.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't the young Raiders players team make a deal with each other on not to leave the club because in the future they would have a better team & they couldn't attract big name players?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Didn't the young Raiders players team make a deal with each other on not to leave the club because in the future they would have a better team & they couldn't attract big name players?
Thus why I feel sorry for Todd Carney :p

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
yep poor raiders but if zilman can keep injury free, he will be a great signing for them.
Good signing if he wants to play wing/centre, he won't be playing fullback anytime soon at the Titans.

Shannon Walker will be the fullback from next year onwards for the next 1000 years. I've been lucky enough to see him live on 6 or so occasions - scary!!

Zillman's a gun but could be a bad move for him long-term unless he wants to play in the above positions??

Status
Not open for further replies.