Zidane a no-show for Sydney FC against LA Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
man i was so hoping he was gonna play 4 us, buying tickets sooon 4 that game. Havent seen Becs play live in ages so that would at least b good if he isnt injured by then

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=18891

Representatives of former French football star Zinedine Zidane have confirmed to the FFA that he will unfortunately not be available to play for Sydney FC in the blockbuster match against David Beckham’s LA Galaxy at Telstra Stadium on Tuesday 22 November.

FFA was approached about the possibility of Zidane lining up against his former Real Madrid team-mate Beckham but he now hopes to visit Australia in some capacity next year.

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bummer! It would be amazing if he came, Atleast beckham is coming! And he cannot pull out!

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
sucks. still happy i got my tickets to the game but

D

D0ggyStylz

Would of been good, He wanted to come but couldn't fit it in

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
becks will play 6sec and get his a milllion dolar cheak and go home

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man that's sucks!!! I mean I was really expecting Zidane to really make his Australian Debut but wasn't to be... Maybe Next.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
im going either way but i wanted 2 take a foto with zidane. He said he is coming next yr so hopefully then

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
TBH... I am actually happy Zidane is not there... I'd rather Sydney FC play LA Galaxy, not the Sydney Invitational vs La Galaxy.

I think Zidane is awesome, but one superstar is enough for the game... I mean we also have Juninho there already and he will be enough to light up the fans if Beckham wasn't enough... especially if he shines in the A-League and the club has said it is looking in Europe for a marquee player for that time... so there could be someone else playing.

I hope Zidane can come down in the future though as I agree with Hansta, I'm going to get my photo with him when he does... :grinning:

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
ill still be going, would of loved to see zizou come here and play

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i reckon it was a media beat up

D

D0ggyStylz

Zidane was hoping to come down and play. He had a very busy scedule though. He said that he is hoping to play next year.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heart Zidane. I will miss watching him, Henry and Trezeguet together.

B

bruce

To be honest it doesn't bother me too much. It gives FC's up and coming stars a shot at Beckham instead!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
not like beckham isn anything special anymore. He was something at ManU, but he was lost at Real Madrid with a team full of champions in there he couldnt even always be guaranteed a bench spot.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sydney FC ought to get as Much Stars who hate the M*ther F*cker named Beckham. So if we Beat the LA Galaxy, they'll be over their to Rub the Win in the B*tches Face.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
beckham is crap,he is just a one show pony

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Apparently it is in the contract that is Beckham doesnt play then the game is off!
good i wouldnt mind my money back cuz i really wanted 2 c zidane play not becks (nuffin against him but a retired zidane is still better)

Status
Not open for further replies.