No Source Zac Lomax

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Supposedly Lomax is in talks with Newcastle.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah just read that myself, we'd be mad not to throw an offer at him. Wouldn't cost much and can cover a position we desperately need.
Gotta believe that the club has a plan behind all of this. LIke that no one knows what we're doing ... just hope on the inside they do :grinning: Will find out in the next month or so I guess

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah just read that myself, we'd be mad not to throw an offer at him. Wouldn't cost much and can cover a position we desperately need.
Pretty sure Smith is moving to centre this season so we're probably not interested...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure Smith is moving to centre this season so we're probably not interested...
Ok, not a bad thing then I guess. might be showing some confidence in Harper, Averillo and co for back up. Okunbor, Meaney, Holland & Montoya for wing also I guess.:grimacing:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok, not a bad thing then I guess. might be showing some confidence in Harper, Averillo and co for back up. Okunbor, Meaney, Holland & Montoya for wing also I guess.:grimacing:
Not a fan of Smith at centre, probably should've experimented more with it last season instead of this coming season.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a fan of Smith at centre, probably should've experimented more with it last season instead of this coming season.
I honestly don't remember too much of that last game where he played centre to have a decent opinion. Be good to see him get some more ball though. He seems like he wants more involvement and will only be a bonus for us.
If that's the direction we are heading probably not the worst. But I did like the 2 tall wingers we looked like having for a few years to come.
Much rather him there than fuckin BJ. Hell id rather Elliot or Napa in the centres than him hahaha.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Meh, we were all going off about him separating Holland and Smith, now Holland is mud around here. He cant win.
Holland is shit mate.

He has the odd game that people just are happy to see as we are used to such shit backs.

Seriously not slagging the bloke he’s made first grade for nrl but he is in the bottom centres around.

We need major upgrades in the backline.

Okunbor has promise for wing but his defence and turning ability is woeful too.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland is shit mate.

He has the odd game that people just are happy to see as we are used to such shit backs.

Seriously not slagging the bloke he’s made first grade for nrl but he is in the bottom centres around.

We need major upgrades in the backline.

Okunbor has promise but his defence and turning ability is woeful too.
Not disagreeing at all mate, I think Holland is past his used by date with us. Just that we keep going round and round hahaha.

Would honestly rather keep Smith on the wing and promote or bring in quality (such as LM :-) )

Okunbor will get there and hopefully sooner rather than later.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wanted to see him get an extended run there last season to see how we went there to replace Holland or Montoya. But he was average in his one game there and is one of the best finishers in the comp so I'd prefer if he stayed on the wing and either Harper or Averillo was picked at centre in round 1.

But it will likely be Smith in the centres and Okunbur on the wing instead.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to see him get an extended run there last season to see how we went but he was average in his one game there and is one of the best finishers in the comp so I'd prefer if he stayed on the wing and either Harper or Averillo was picked at centre in round 1.

But it will likely be Smith in the centres and Okunbur on the wing instead.
Hard to see what the Round 1 line up will be backline wise. Cant see Meaney getting dropped unless Okunbor/Harper/Averillo have a big pre season. DWZ, Smith and Hoppa are definite.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hard to see what the Round 1 line up will be backline wise. Cant see Meaney getting dropped unless Okunbor/Harper/Averillo have a big pre season. DWZ, Smith and Hoppa are definite.
I just hope that if Averillo or Harper stand out in the preseason then they are seriously considered and not just dismissed as being too young or not ready.