Youtuber Charged For Hate Crime Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

I'm offended by pugs a bit TBH.

The poor bastards have been bred to basically look and sounds like they are having a permanent asthma attack.
Awesome dog though.. a good mate had one when we were growing up. Chilled Vibes

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If idiocy was a crime, I’d say give him life.... but it clearly isn’t.

Insensitive act of stupidity? Absolutely...

Hate crime? I don’t really think so.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The majority of England now days are Pakistanis and Muslims. That's why Brexit happened.
Yet the majority of the English cricket team is Anglo. Maybe this is why ISIS happened.

I’m joking. Chill ASIO operatives

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean there is a reason behind this. European countries are big on no Jew related hate speech because of the whole holocaust. There has been a rising sentiment of Naziism in the EU as of late and it makes sense that they'll be harsher on jokes and comments that fall within the legislation to try and curb that kind of speech becoming common.

It is easy for us in Australia to mock them, but our experience around WW II is significantly different to theirs.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I mean there is a reason behind this. European countries are big on no Jew related hate speech because of the whole holocaust. There has been a rising sentiment of Naziism in the EU as of late and it makes sense that they'll be harsher on jokes and comments that fall within the legislation to try and curb that kind of speech becoming common.

It is easy for us in Australia to mock them, but our experience around WW II is significantly different to theirs.
This will only make antisemitism rise in Europe and around the world. History also likes to forget the bolshevik Jews killing 10 million Ukrainians in the holodomor.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The poor bastards have been bred to basically look and sounds like they are having a permanent asthma attack.
Oddly enough Bulldogs are the same. Bulldogs and pugs are genetically screwed. They go through their whole life in pain because we bread them into existence without caring that their bodies couldn't handle their own existence. We basically took the worst mutation that arose through breeding and encouraged that mutation to survive when it should have died out.

Now we praise Bulldogs as a powerful dog but in reality they're a flawed mutation that we forced into existence

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will only make antisemitism rise in Europe and around the world. History also likes to forget the bolshevik Jews killing 10 million Ukrainians in the holodomor.
Snap.
Ahhh knowing some historical facts is always good when the left plays the victim lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If idiocy was a crime, I’d say give him life.... but it clearly isn’t.

Insensitive act of stupidity? Absolutely...

Hate crime? I don’t really think so.
I think I would have been given the death penalty by now lol.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This decision is idiocy personified. The judge should be investigated and thrown off the bench.
If anything that video is an insult to nazis more than an insult to Jews.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I might be an insensitive prick but i gotta admit i was laughing pretty hard at the sieg heil part when the dog was raising it's paw. I don't know, i can understand people taking offence to the video but it's certainly not a hate crime, it was clearly meant as nothing more than a joke.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I might be an insensitive prick but i gotta admit i was laughing pretty hard at the sieg heil part when the dog was raising it's paw. I don't know, i can understand people taking offence to the video but it's certainly not a hate crime, it was clearly meant as nothing more than a joke.
Lol I think most people that aren’t zombies to the main stream political left such as yourself who leans more left still find this shit funny.
I find it more funny though the people most offended by these things happen to have no connection to the joke or controversial opinions but yet cry and yell louder than the actual victims.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I think most people that aren’t zombies to the main stream political left such as yourself who leans more left still find this shit funny.
I find it more funny though the people most offended by these things happen to have no connection to the joke or controversial opinions but yet cry and yell louder than the actual victims.
i think this classic saying sums it up best "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" :smirk:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbf dogs can be pretty racist. Like my dog he hates asians and barks at them, he's probably nervous about dinner time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tbf dogs can be pretty racist. Like my dog he hates asians and barks at them, he's probably nervous about dinner time.
We had some Sudanese people living near our place. Our place sits overlooking a cross street, and is two storey with a large balcony. All the other places in the cross street are single story. Anyway one of the woman in this family (was a number of them renting together) used to talk loud on her mobile phone at like 10-11pm of a night and wander all over the road.

One night I left the balcony door open and had light off and our Lab was out on balcony. Woman starts yabbering away on her phone, and was literally on our driveway. She didn't realise our girl was sleeping on the balcony.

Anyway she must have woke her up with a startle. Next minute I hear defensive barking from balcony and shes in full defence mode, barking to alert us someone is too close to the house. I go to settle her down and see the woman wandering back to her house.

A few days later our Lab was out the front on the lawn during the day. Woman comes out yabbering on phone again and our dog starts barking at her.

Now.. she is partially trained and trained to bark to alert us of unknown people, but it's the first time I've seen her get like that ...

Anyway they've moved now (thank shit) and the street is peaceful again.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a dog a while back that was as friendly as you could get unless you were an old person. Any senior citizen my dog saw she would try to rip them to shreds.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a Maltese terrier years ago.
Back in the 1990s in Australia Africans weren't common people to see walking the streets of west Sydney.

One time and the only time during the 90s I seen Africans walked passed my house and my dog barged the door open and attacked them.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had a Maltese terrier years ago.
Back in the 1990s in Australia Africans weren't common people to see walking the streets of west Sydney.

One time and the only time during the 90s I seen Africans walked passed my house and my dog barged the door open and attacked them.
It probably thought it was a shadow?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

As a breed they've got good personality and one of the things that scientists have collected evidence suggesting that dogs that have more forward pointing eyes are seemingly more able to read human emotion through facial expression. But in terms of natural selection we've made them a species that would struggle to survive based on hunting ability etc.

Oddly enough Bulldogs are the same. Bulldogs and pugs are genetically screwed. They go through their whole life in pain because we bread them into existence without caring that their bodies couldn't handle their own existence. We basically took the worst mutation that arose through breeding and encouraged that mutation to survive when it should have died out.

Now we praise Bulldogs as a powerful dog but in reality they're a flawed mutation that we forced into existence
Selective breeding hasn't been kind to a lot of dog breeds. I can't find the article anymore , but I recall seeing a pictorial comparison of dog breeds around 200 years ago compared to modern versions of the same dogs, complete with lists of how the modern versions had inherent problems due to their current shapes. It made me a bit sad seeing the changes in shape and reading how the selective breeding has caused so many popular breeds to suffer for what humans consider to be more fashionable dogs. But selective breeding isn't something we've isolated to dog breeds. Even things like goldfish have been bred to be visually appealing to some people, while the result typically means that many of the new selectively bred fish would be unable to survive outside of human controlled environments.

Edit. heres the thing i read
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4308860/Photos-selective-breeding-altered-dogs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.