Youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Mbye

Attack looked far slicker with Hoppa out the back
I definitely agree with you about mbye. mbye had this negative effect on the team. We just never looked happy with him in the team. Hoppa does not have the same speed as mbye but he can certainly create some tries. He deifnitely knows how to do a cut out pass. He knows how to set up tries

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think he’s a scapegoat on the kennel. He was good tonight as most of the team were.

Was great to watch the team tonight. Even when they went in behind at halftime they had shown more in attack in that first half that you just had a feeling they could win it. When the chips are down that’s the kind of performance you expect from the Bulldogs.
I agree. The bloke ran with intent, backed up other players and defended well. He played much better than Martin did. And I thought Tolman was terrific. It was the dirty work shoring up the middle and cleaning up behind the ruck that stopped them from getting a roll on.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Mbye

Attack looked far slicker with Hoppa out the back
This was a massive surprise for me. Mbye has all the physical advantages of a good fullback but Hoppa seemed more creative. Won’t score the tries Mbye does but the team seemed to go slit better with him there.
He was the issue for the edge IMO more so then Montoya so I believe FB is his best position.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa was solid in attack and defence, something that has never been said of Mbye.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thing that shits me about Elliot are the bloody penalties.
Some of those penalties you watch and think but the bloody opposition did it last set! The refs are a waste of space

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably the best players last night were those most maligned on the forum.
Tolman was very good. Elliott was very good. Holland was very good. Lichaa was very good.
Martin kicked some nice goals, but made a lot of mistakes.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the best players last night were those most maligned on the forum.
Tolman was very good. Elliott was very good. Holland was very good. Lichaa was very good.
Martin kicked some nice goals, but made a lot of mistakes.
Tolmans quick play the balls had us on the front foot and he was error free. I thought he was one of the unsung heroes on this forum. Lichaa did his job behind a dominant pack so kudos to both of them who I have slammed on here numerous times.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys...He was born in Brisbane. He played for Capalaba and South Logan in the juniors.
Maybe he can do an Inglis...
All good mate
It was a bit of a joke and wishful thinking

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done today players, club and fans...….a rare chance to cheer!

The main thing I noticed from today was the lack of slow legs. Not sure if it's the youth or certain players not playing but a massive difference in slow leg speed. Today just proved that out future is with youth mixed with some talented experience.

Holland - great game
JMK - great game
Lewis - excellent game, left boot and calm head. Great defense - needs resigning tonight!
Martin - awesome game, great goal kicking, few stupid penalty's for the same thing
Ogden - Solid game
Klemm - man of match
Jacko - great Captains knock and well deserved try
Falulololololo - hit the line well
Lichaa - ok but started to hog the ball a little bit when we were dominant and slowed it down a little
Tolman - solid but suffocated the play early second half
Hoppa - Solid at FB
Morris - Solid
Reimis - great pass

Overall I think the youth excelled with more of the same in the team today. That fresh legs and excitement could be felt.

Well done kids and a lot their today to build our new team around.....go the youth IMO!!

Go dogs!

Ohh and 36 points, holy shite.

Edit: I even thought Cogger went ok today too.
I think king was terrible
If I had my way, he would be dropped

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think king was terrible
If I had my way, he would be dropped
That's a bit harsh. Sure he missed 1 tackle but he set up one try, scored another and got the ball out wide for the first time this season. Had a couple of shots at the line. I thought it was one of his best games overall.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's a bit harsh. Sure he missed 1 tackle but he set up one try, scored another and got the ball out wide for the first time this season. Had a couple of shots at the line. I thought it was one of his best games overall.
Yeah I agree more with this. His D was effective and not sure if anyone noticed but there was none of that left side weakness yesterday that is usually being exploited. All in 1 game our defence looked solid.....and it was the kids that did it. I think they all fed off eachother and went for it. Similar to the Penrith trial game where our reserve grade beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.