Your opinion on why Hasler won't change our game plan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha I posted the same as a conspiracy theory in 2015 (I think) and I truely believe this to be the case. No one seemed to agree at the time
I only joined the forum early this year, because I believed that Des has for whatever reason only contempt for our club and wanted to get it out of my chest.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because the game has changed. It's faster, more free flowing, and more open these days. Props are more mobile, and wingers are bigger, stronger and taller.

Our team lineup as well as our methods of coaching are not conducive to the current game.

It's honestly as simple as that.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because he's a deadest stubborn wanker

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Yes perfectionism can often be totally caught up with an anxiety of being wrong and failing. I wonder if he has become caught between wanting to desperately succeed but needing everyone never to have seen him fail - you can't have it both ways - and he is biting his nose despite his face.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler is big on analytics. You guys didnt pick this up, but a few weeks ago when we played the Cowboys on a Thursday night and we did the short line drop outs, i think it was Fittler who said he asked Des about it and Des gave stats on the percentage chance of letting in points after a short drop out v a long drop out.

Hasler lets the MATH dictate HOW his team will play.

No doubt the stats strongly suggest that if you hold the ball for X% completions the probability or chance of winning the game goes up highly.

Analytics is now a major part of sports coaching. It has gripped the NBA for example where the corner 3 is considered a better shot than a 2 pointer a few feet in from the 3 point line. Now all teams are doing it because the math makes sense, ie, you cant beat the math.

Teams for example open the lane as they prefer to guard the corner 3 rather than the basket. This has gripped the NBA.

This is Des' mantra, Rugby league analytics suggest you hold the ball and you win. That is why we dont offload because it increases the risk of dropping the ball.

Another analytic is kicking in the opposition 20. The Math dictates that the percentage % of conceding points during a 7 tackle set is much higher that is why we take tackles on the last as opposed to kicking it in on the last with a risk of the ball going dead.

This is what Hasler's coaching is, the math dictates what they do on the paddock and he wont change.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler is big on analytics. You guys didnt pick this up, but a few weeks ago when we played the Cowboys on a Thursday night and we did the short line drop outs, i think it was Fittler who said he asked Des about it and Des gave stats on the percentage chance of letting in points after a short drop out v a long drop out.

No doubt the stats strongly suggest that if you hold the ball for X% completions the probability or chance of winning the game goes up highly.

Analytics is now a major part of sports coaching. It has gripped the NBA for example where the corner 3 is considered a better shot than a 2 pointer a few feet in from the 3 point line. Now all teams are doing it because the math makes sense, ie, you cant beat the math.

Teams for example open the lane as they prefer to guard the corner 3 rather than the basket. This has gripped the NBA.

This is Des' mantra, Rugby league analytics suggest you hold the ball and you win. That is why we dont offload because it increases the risk of dropping the ball.

Another analytic is kicking in the opposition 20. The Math dictates that the percentage % of conceding points during a 7 tackle set is much higher that is why we take tackles on the last as opposed to kicking it in on the last with a risk of the ball going dead.

This is what Hasler's coaching is, the math dictates what they do on the paddock and he wont change.
The problem is we're not coached to score points. The single most important thing. We're instead coached not to make errors. In return though we're forgetting the simple fundamentals of Rugby League.

We actually do make the least errors and we actually do provide the least amount of 7 tackle sets, however what we also lose as a result is any punch in attack and defense. Our defense is static and allows the opposition to make easy metres without any realistic risk of making unforced errors. In theory we're actually allowing the opposition to play as safe as us, but also still play with their own style of attack.

I understand why Hasler does what he does, however he now needs to realise it doesn't work and a change needs to come fast.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's like gambling, u loose money and want to win back the money So you put more money and you do the same thing over and over again and at the end you don't win, your just stubborn to loose more money.
I see Hasler has the same sickness or stubbornness, I think players and supporters had enough of him, just like we have enough of our friends or family that's gambling......
J.F.offHASLERANDDON'TMAKEITWORSTTHANWHATITISATTHEMOMENT.........

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beacuse des is an absolute dumshit and this is the best hes got

That's my honest opinion

Like.others have said maybe next year with a few changes things may start to improve but even that im still unsure of

Ill be here to eagerly find out

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score

How about the stats that don't just imply or suggest but actually confirm that we won't score enough points to even make the top eight this season? Those numbers don't lie.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Beacuse des is an absolute dumshit and this is the best hes got

That's my honest opinion

Like.others have said maybe next year with a few changes things may start to improve but even that im still unsure of

Ill be here to eagerly find out
Like the club kept harping on about how there will be changes this season and look what happened there. Its practically the same recycled shit we've been forced to watch for years.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players should just make a game plan themselves something that they think will work and just play it. Fuck Haslers. They been playing top grade footy long enough to know a few tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.