Opinion Your opinion on the Walker brothers ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're happy with a 1 year contract and will throw in the towel if they don't make the finals in their first year.

I remember reading an article about them a few years ago about their unique style of coaching / play and always thought I'd like to see some club try it in the NRL. Joey Johns is a big fan.

We saw yesterday what a difference it makes when the shackles are released and players are trusted and allowed to play the way they want with eyes up footy.

The short kicks we were doing yesterday after we got trapped in-goal worked okay and that type of thing is what the Walkers are all about.

I'd rather Flanagan of course but I'd probably take this pair ahead of Fittler.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we're in a position to take a gamble. We've got a decent squad next year, if their unorthodox method of coaching doesn't work in the NRL and we sack them, players are going to get sick of the crap and look elsewhere.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
My opinion is that any club who hires them are fucking idiots.

They had a few good years in QLD cup. I don’t even think they have a job now ??????
They split up. Not even coaching currently I don’t think.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
would you rather Fittler ?
Im really worried about our next coach tbh... I really want Potter to work because i dont think there is anybody worthy out there atm.

The most likely seems like Ciraldo but another Panthers asiistant is disturbing, Fitler is a HELL NO after what i saw in SOO and when u hear they were considering Ricky S my lord Shane Flanno sounds good.

As said ireally want Old Mick to work out until someone else comes along.. he just seems like a smart, strong, stubborn old head and we need that right now.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joey Johns says anything for shock value or to sound purposefully out there or different

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
we are now playing attacking football, no lay up plays which is exciting. We are shifting the ball on early tackles under Potter now.
If we can keep our defence in tact then we can play this footy.
Lets hope we keep going with this and we dont have a fall against the tigers

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite is the Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Any More, but You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' is OK. It's a pity that 2/3 of the brothers are dead though. RIP!
Lollllllll