Your NSW team 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know the season hasn't even started yet but im actually really looking forward to this years Origin without Paul Gallen and hopefully no Farrah. Lots of young exciting players to choose from. So here's my Team

Tedesco
Trbojevic
Jack Bird
Leilua
Fergusson
Maloney
Cleary
Woods
Peats
Fifita
Jackson
Cordner (C)
Merrin

Shanon Boyd
J Trbojevic
Klemmer
Frizell
W Graham 18th Man

Couldn't find a spot for Moylan, Dugan or Hayne. Jennings and Jmoz need to make way.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Your probably about right but I think Moylan will play in the halves and Hayne will be in for trbojevic

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be a gun team if Hayne, Moylan, Dugan, Morris x2 and Jennings can't make it.

Also with that backline and the players missing out you almost can't find a spot for Semi (not even sure if he is eligible anymore).

But knowing Dudley and the selectors Pearce is half, Farah there or there abouts, and Dylan walker off the bench :p

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pending form and injuries:

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Bird
4. Leilua
5. Hayne
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Whoever steps up - Peats/Cook
10. Boyd
11. Frizell
12. Cordner (c)
13. Merrin

14. Peachey
15. Klemmer
16. Trbojevic
17. Paulo

The front row and rotation all offer a different challenge and is pretty balanced. Tempted to start Trbojevic at lock who is the better defender.

Exciting times though. Bevan French and Latrell Mitchell waiting in the wings too.

I'd bring Cleary in 2018-19 when Maloney finishes up.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pending form and injuries:

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Bird
4. Leilua
5. Hayne
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Whoever steps up - Peats/Cook
10. Boyd
11. Frizell
12. Cordner (c)
13. Merrin

14. Peachey
15. Klemmer
16. Trbojevic
17. Paulo

The front row and rotation all offer a different challenge and is pretty balanced. Tempted to start Trbojevic at lock who is the better defender.

Exciting times though. Bevan French and Latrell Mitchell waiting in the wings too.

I'd bring Cleary in 2018-19 when Maloney finishes up.
No Jackson?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're kidding yourself if you think Dudley isn't going to pick "Mr ego I can do it all by myself and then screw it up each and every time" Farrah

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No Jackson?
Unfortunately he's behind Cordner and Frizell for mine. I had the fleeting thought he could play at hooker with no one banging down the door but the service would suffer unless he spent time there.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're kidding yourself if you think Dudley isn't going to pick "Mr ego I can do it all by myself and then screw it up each and every time" Farrah
"Your NSW team 2017"

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"Your NSW team 2017"
It was a reply to the opening post:-

really looking forward to this years Origin without Paul Gallen and hopefully no Farrah.
Anyways, aside from that can someone tell me what I'm missing in seeing from Wade Graham? He's being touted as a captain but for me he's well down in the pecking order behind Frizzel, Cordner and Jackson

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a reply to the opening post:-

Anyways, aside from that can someone tell me what I'm missing in seeing from Wade Graham? He's being touted as a captain but for me he's well down in the pecking order behind Frizzel, Cordner and Jackson
He should have stayed as a 5/8.

"Bad luck," injuries and suspensions at the wrong time has given those guys opportunities.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately he's behind Cordner and Frizell for mine. I had the fleeting thought he could play at hooker with no one banging down the door but the service would suffer unless he spent time there.
Yeah I agree with you there. He did win the Brad Fittler award as NSW best player through out the series so im guessing Daley might show some loyalty and find a spot for him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you there. He did win the Brad Fittler award as NSW best player through out the series so im guessing Daley might show some loyalty and find a spot for him.
I wouldn't be upset if he got picked - he's in the same boat as W.Graham in that we have a wealth of excellent options in the backrow

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But his ahead of peaches n j turbo by light years!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But his ahead of peaches n j turbo by light years!
Peachey would have to be the best utility going around - but yeah you probably don't lose too much swapping Jackson in for Trbojevic

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco
Brett Morris
Hayne
Leilua
Ferguson
Moylan
Maloney
Woods
Farah (I would take Peats into Camp for experience to takeover 2018)
Fifita
Cordner
Jackson
Merrin

Frizell
Klemmer
Boyd
W. Graham

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will get back to you in May... ;)
Though I'm sure Daley knows who's in irrespective of form...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fingersin
Farah
Frizzell
Moylan - tedesco will be injured again

Halves - 7. Pearce (dudley favourite)
6. Maloney

Props: powder puff, Klemmer

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who could forget the moment when he passed to an unsuspecting Dugan instead of Hodko who was set to slot the match winning field goal.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Moylon
2. Tedesco
3. Leilua (i have doubts he can replicate another good season, as he never has backed a good year up)
4. Hayne
5. Trobojevic
6. Bird
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats (who else is there tbh)
10. Klemmer
11. Frizzell
12. Cordner
13. Jackson

14. Tamou
15. Graham
16. Merrin
17. Fifita

Reasons;
*Maloney and Bird like to take the line on, so this will help the forwards immensely by conisitantly smashing the advantage line.
*young raw speedsters on the wing, who are more than capable of giving Moylon a rest if required
* Jackson starting over Merrin, as the bench players listed will be alot better coming out after the opening slog.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dudley will pick his favourites again, it's about that time of year he comes out in the media backing duds like Farah before they have even played a game.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came out asking Peptide Paul to consider coming back cos he was such an "inspiration", despite the fact that he is NSWs biggest loser in history next to Mitchell pearce.

Status
Not open for further replies.