Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Melbourne, Roosters, Souffs and now the fucking Knights

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting lists. For me the real drivers for a hated list are ( no particular order)
1. Local derby opponents ie. Parra
2. Opposition fans at school (in my case, Manly)
3. Recent GF losses- Melbourne, Souths
4. Salary cap suspects - Brisbane, Roosters
5 Clubs that took our good players - Cronulla, Tigers, Newcastle
6.High profile personalities aligned with clubs who are dickheads - Tallis, Joey (Brisbane & Newcastle)
7. Cousins team - St George
Apart from that I’m ok with most other clubs.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate every team, all a bunch of *****. I hate all our enemies the same, just for different reasons

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get pissed off seeing other clubs signing all the talent seemingly free of cap restrictions. So sharks, Brisbane, roosters, Melbourne rate high on the hatred scale. A special case of hatred has set in for the sharks because they got off scot free of punishment for being drug cheats. I also hate Melbourne due to having two massive grubs in Slater and Smith.

my reasons for hating teams have changed a lot in recent years. It used to be that I hated them due to the rivalries on field. But these days my hatred probably reflects the fact that certain teams are protected species. I also should have mentioned Souths both for the appearance of being cap free and for the massive leg ups they've gotten from referees in games against us and having the biggest dickheads in S Burgess and Inglis. I'm pretty much ok with most other teams.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
#1 Easily Melbourne, top of my list, firstly a totally protected species when News owned them. Kept a second set of books and breached the salary cap by a total of over $3M (FMD) from 2006 to 2010. Ruined the game with their wrestling and still get away with murder, slowing down the ruck, getting multiple players in tackles and pealing, one by effen one, it's painful to watch. Their players, starting with 2 of the 3 that received the most under the table from the salary cap breach, Slater (on a $400k contract and getting $950k and a car, seriously he couldn't lie straight in bed), Graham should have bitten that DH's ear right off and Smith, surely the best referee any team could ever have.

#2 The Chooks, the new Manly, making a team that plays them everyone's second favourite, in my case the Bulldogs and any team playing the Chooks. Like Melbourne, one day their rorting has to come home to roost, we just need a whistleblower. The players that they have stolen off us over the years, makes me feel sick.

With the above in mind, last season's Grand Final was hell. Let's not let that happen again.

#3, a tie between everyone's perennial favourite to hate, Manly and Brisbane, the other one town one team that gets them TPA's that a Sydney team could only dream about. Brisbane are currently a subject of the end of season salary cap review, which could be interesting. Maybe a reason why Bennett wanted out so desparately?

#5, 6 and 7 in no particular order, Parramatta, the old enemy, StGeorge the oldest enemy and Souths the on and off and on again enemy. I get a warm feeling all over when we beat the old enemies.

#8 the Tigers, bit of love (they took Reynolds and Mbye off our hands) and hate (they gave us Woods).

The rest, whoever we are playing on the day gets elevated to the top of the hate list.

Go Dogs