Your ideal Round 1 fixtures for 2023?

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
With the draw most likely to not be released until after the World Cup and small leaks arising, I thought it would be fun to see everyone’s ideal round 1 fixtures for next year.

Mine would definitely be:
Thursday Night 8:05: Panthers vs Storm (Bluebet Stadium)
Friday Night 8:05: Dolphins vs Roosters (Suncorp Stadium)
Saturday 3:00: Warriors vs Knights
(Mt Smart Stadium)
Saturday 5:30: Sharks vs Rabbitohs
(Pointsbet Stadium)
Saturday 7:35: Eels vs Sea Eagles
(Commbank Stadium)
Sunday 2:00: Bulldogs vs Titans
(Commbank Stadium)
Sunday 4:05: Broncos vs Cowboys
(Suncorp Stadium)
Sunday 6:15: Dragons vs Raiders
(WIN Stadium)
Bye: Tigers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thu - Panther v Storm
Fri - Rooster v Rabbit
Sat - Dolphin v Warrior, Eel v Bulldog, Shark v Cowboy
Sun - Dragon v Knight, Bronco v Titan, Manly v Raider

Tiger Bye

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Panthers v Eels
Rabbits v Roosters
Bulldogs v Tigers
Dragons v Sharks
Knights v Manly
Dolphins v Broncos
Storm v Titans
Tigers v Cowboys
Bye - Warriors

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forget it. We know that the Dogs will play the Panthers in Perth (our home game), Or Storm in Melbourne. We will have the top four teams in the first month. It always happens; even though the NRL says the draw is not rigged.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Eels vs Dogs 5:30 Saturday Commbank/Accor would be good for first game of the year.

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Forget it. We know that the Dogs will play the Panthers in Perth (our home game), Or Storm in Melbourne. We will have the top four teams in the first month. It always happens; even though the NRL says the draw is not rigged.
In all honesty that will probably be the case but the boys will be up to any challenge if they prepare well this off season hopefully.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like us give St George a touch up at Kogarah in the first round at 4pm on the Sunday.

I'm very keen to see this year's draw - thankfully we came 12th this year instead of last because that should mean at least 4 teams will have a shitter draw than our horrible 2022 draw.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thursday 8:00 = Dolphins vs Roosters
Friday 6:00 = Knights vs Sea Eagles
Friday 8:00 = Storm vs Rabbitohs
Saturday 3:00 = Warriors vs Raiders
Saturday 5:30 = Sharks vs Dragons
Saturday 7:30 = Broncos vs Cowboys
Sunday 4:00 = Panthers vs Eels
Sunday 6:30 = Bulldogs vs Tigers
Bye = Titans

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd like us give St George a touch up at Kogarah in the first round at 4pm on the Sunday.

I'm very keen to see this year's draw - thankfully we came 12th this year instead of last because that should mean at least 4 teams will have a shitter draw than our horrible 2022 draw.
Yeah I’m also hoping to see more free to air games for us next year. Realistically people would want to watch our team with the hype and squad that we have for next year.

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thursday 8:00 = Dolphins vs Roosters
Friday 6:00 = Knights vs Sea Eagles
Friday 8:00 = Storm vs Rabbitohs
Saturday 3:00 = Warriors vs Raiders
Saturday 5:30 = Sharks vs Dragons
Saturday 7:30 = Broncos vs Cowboys
Sunday 4:00 = Panthers vs Eels
Sunday 6:30 = Bulldogs vs Tigers
Bye = Titans
That would actually be a mouth watering round 1 to look forward to. Almost every team there has a rivalry or developing rivalry (Dolphins v Roosters)
It would also be good to finally have a home game for the first round that is not in Perth or at Belmore.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Eels v Panthers at CommBank should be a must. After the shit talk and arrogance from the Panthers yet again it'd be good to see them start the season with a massive target on their heads, literally.

Dolphins will likely get a cosy home game against a shit team to get them off to a winning start. NRL would like to (cough) manage that outcome (cough).

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Eels v Panthers at CommBank should be a must. After the shit talk and arrogance from the Panthers yet again it'd be good to see them start the season with a massive target on their heads, literally.

Dolphins will likely get a cosy home game against a shit team to get them off to a winning start. NRL would like to (cough) manage that outcome (cough).
Dolphins have asked for the Roosters as they want to play for an Arthur Beetson Cup.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A double up may be unavoidable at some point, but i'd say the draw makers will try to ensure there is just one game at Suncorp week in week out.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't care who we play in Round one as long as it's at home. We haven't played a home game in Round 1 since 2017 and it's about bloody time we did.

With some major grounds like Accor,Allianz and Suncorp I think being unavailable for several weeks in the middle of the year due to the women's soccer world cup, there is a fair chance in 2023 that many clubs will have lopsided draws this season which will have to be manipulated by the NRL.

Good chance we could play more than one game at Belmore, probably not against big rival Sydney teams.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think it almost certain the Fins will play at home in round 1 and most likely against another qld team.