Your half yearly bulldogs report card

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
So after last nights game we are officially half way through the regular rounds.
Our standings this year are:
Position: 7
Played: 13
Won: 7
Lost: 6
Draw: 0
Bye: 0
For: 240
Against: 263
+/-: -23
Competition points: 14

Compared to last year:

Position: 3
Played: 13
Won: 8
Lost: 5 "
Bye: 0
Draw: 0
For: 285
Against: 193
+/-: 92
Competition points: 16

So after this point is the season give an honest assessment of the teams performance and also how you think we'll go for the rest of the year.
Give a mark of A+ - F in the following areas and also a predicted final position on the ladder.

Defence:
Attack:
Structure:
Coaching:
Selections:
Potential:
Predicted ladder position:

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we only had two more points than we do now last season and we were third ??? Wow

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Defence: C-
Attack: C
Structure: C
Coaching: B-
Selections: A
Potential: A
Predicted ladder position: 4th

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence= c
Attack= b-
Structure = b
Selections = a-
Potential =a+
Predicted ladder finish = 5th

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Defence= c
Attack= b-
Structure = b
Selections = a-
Potential =a+
Predicted ladder finish = 5th

Defence = C
Attack= B
Structure = A
Coaching= A+
Selections = A+
Potential =A+
Predicted ladder finish = 4th

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Defence: At the moment our defence is not as solid as it was towards the end of last year. Tony Williams needs to improve his communication with the men outside of him, we got exposed twice on his side yesterday when he subbed in, the same thing was happening before his injury. Barba also seems to be covering kicks behind our wingers much better than he was earlier in the year. Hard to fault any other areas in our defence.

Offence: Much more balanced in attack this year, we're clearly not as reliant on Barba in attack this year. Ennis is facilitating our attack much more effectively from dummy half, which means we don't have to rely on offloads from out forwards as much this year. I think we're also seeing how important Williams is to bringing another dimension to our attack, yesterday's try is an example of him starting to build a good combination with Reynolds and co. on the edges. Williams' presence simply gives our halves more options in attack, they can hit Williams with the pass, let him attract defenders and run the ball themselves or hit the centre or winger depending on how the defence reacts.

Potential: Our defence is only going ot get better once Hasler sorts out Williams' edge. We still seem to be vulnerable under the bomb and i can't see that aspect changing. With a full squad staying healthy our defence should steadily improve to the level it was at last year. Offensively we have sooo much room for improvement. The two reasons for this: Hodkinson & Williams. Both of these guys are still discovering their place in this team, when they do, we will be that much harder to stop in the opposition's 20.

Predicition: This is a top 4 team no question, however we have dug ourselves into abit of a hole and i see us finishing around 4-5th.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Predictable, boring and out of synch.

Defence: D+
Attack: C-
Structure: C-
Coaching: D+
Selections: C-
Potential: C+
Predicted ladder position: 9th

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Defence:
Attack:. not much structure near the line, no one looks dangerous or likely to score
Structure: C .. very poor they seem to get lost in the plays
Coaching: C .. don't know wether des has run out of tricks or is just going through the motions week to week
Selections: D .. tony Williams should be in nsw cup
Potential: D .. were struggling to beat teams below us on the ladder
Predicted ladder position: 10th

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
We've shown over the last two years that we are slow to get going compared to the other juggernauts of the competition, but I have no doubt, and it is beginning to show, that we will finish strongly. Ball control has been a major issue for us this year, if we can hang on to it a bit better and stop giving away stupid penalties then we will be a headache for everyone in the competition. We caught the competition by surprise last year, and in terms of standings, I don't think we will finish as high. I still expect a top 4 finish; once we beat Manly next week, that feat will be 1 point from our grasp.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we have taken a backwards step but at least we are beating who we should be beating, so i give a B grading overall

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disregarding the single loss from last year, the main change is the for and against. Having +92 last year to now having -26 shows how far behind on form we are.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We need to tighten up our defence first and foremost. We are leaking points ATM whereas last year in the 2nd half of the game we were impenetrable

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to put weaker teams away!

For & against points will be important for us this year.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, we are keeping our best up our sleeve and the all the new moves will be on display toward the end of the regular season as we surge to favoritism for the title. Well, that's the way it happened in my dream.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Total of D for everything! Going on what i have seen we will finish 7th and be ousted 1st week of finals.
Our big name players are a waste of money, BBarba for instance stands with his hands on his knees for most of the game. Ennis is trying, but not enough running from dummy half, and T Williams, well i was just speaking of DUMMY. This guy is the leader of Dummies. One of the most overpaid underperforming Retards ever to wear a bulldogs jersey.

Good luck for the rest of the year if you reward mediocrity!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool thread I like facts and figures.

I'd give it a B- overall

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way the draw is going to pan out the top 4 will definitely be out of the question unless we go on a massive winning streak in the same way we did last year. Unfortunately I just don't see it.

S

Sharpy

Compared to last year we are no where the top4 teams at present.
long way to go tho

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have equaled our 2008 effort 14points

Status
Not open for further replies.