Your favourite player off all time/Teams to watch

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been watching since 1974. I was lucky enough to go the GF Berries v Roosters. I was too small and couldnt see anything over the crowd .

Favourite player - Steve Mortimer

Best team - The Entertainers 1980

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN:
Greg Brentnall
Chris Anderson
Peter Mortimer
Chris Mortimer
Steve Gearin
Garry Hughes,
Steve Mortimer
Mark Hughes
Graeme Hughes
Steve Folkes
Geoff Robinson
George Peponis (c)
John Coveney.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the Steve Mortimer Bulldogs 79/80 were as good as rugby league got for me

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dogs pack of 06 is my fave too. We had Myles, Maitua, Asotasi, SBW, O'Meley, Mason. Ryan. That's a fuckin BEAST forward pack.
Matai and Lyon are probably the best centre pairing I've seen so far
Gasnier and Cooper a close second
Other than that, Storm spine of 07 is the best I've seen at club level

My fave player of all time probably has to be Michael Ennis. Loved his darts out of dummy half long before he came to the Dogs.
He's a prick now but I loved watching him play, his little shenanigans on the field made for interesting Rugby League.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Favourite player was Blocker by a mile. Complete nutter, you never knew what he was gonna do or who he was gonna knock out. Never took a backward step and punched on with the hardest of blokes from his era.
Was a larrikin as well instead of today's cliche-filled, wannabe hardmen with the obligatory tatts from arse to earhole.
Bloke had sublime ball-playing ability for a prop as well. And played throughout an era when RL was pretty much as good as it has gotten as a product IMO, the game was at it's peak in the late '80s/early '90s.