Your celebrity interaction!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a celebrity but qld years back done training at woy woy oval that night the sqaud hit ettalong club with me in my drunken wisdom decided to shit stir Tony Carroll he didn't bite and had more than enough reason to kick my head in. Actually to Tony I'm really sorry I was a fucking moron and if you did beat me to a pulp it would of been all on me ,
Not one of my proudest moments and I'm genuinely sorry on that one for being a total dick, still embarrassing when I think of it

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Back in the day, waaaaay back in the day before Sefton Hotel was a strip joint, it used to have some of the best pub rock in Sydney. INXS were the Wed night pub band. Michael Hutchence grabbed me one time and said “Don’t fight” and I wasn’t, I was trying to break one up.

Bumped into Angry Anderson (when he was angry) coming back from the bar carrying 3 schooners, half of one which ended on him and he said “Do that again and I’ll rip your spleen out.”

Got a bit exited front row at a Cold Chisel gig there and Jimmy Barnes, when he’d drink a bottle of vodka during gigs and had then, leaned back to plant his boot in my face, missed me and got me mate. Then kept singing.

Jimmy’s brother, John Swan could fight, really fight. And he went off one night at a stage invader, who’s mates then hopped on up, and Swanny cleaned then up too. Then kept singing.

And then there was Bo Didley, THE Bo Didley. had a bourbon or ten...? With Bo Didley in the car park, mind you I was one of about 50.

And the funny thing was, my old man always told me Sefton was rough back in his day.
Just another of tidbits about this.

The Cold Chisel gig that got a bit... willing.

Jimmy actually said from the stage something along the lines of Swanny was coming next month or so and you’s better not piss him off - and four or so blokes found out he was right.

And those drinks with Bo Didley - I actually brought him one of them, and I made it a triple, with dry from memory, which Bo didn’t even notice. Downed it like water.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a celebrity but qld years back done training at woy woy oval that night the sqaud hit ettalong club with me in my drunken wisdom decided to shit stir Tony Carroll he didn't bite and had more than enough reason to kick my head in. Actually to Tony I'm really sorry I was a fucking moron and if you did beat me to a pulp it would of been all on me ,
Not one of my proudest moments and I'm genuinely sorry on that one for being a total dick, still embarrassing when I think of it
Yeah, that could have ended badly. He was a pretty tough bastard. I wouldn't want to be on the end of one of his right hooks.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Jimmy actually said from the stage something along the lines of Swanny was coming next month or so and you’s better not piss him off - and four or so blokes found out he was right.

And those drinks with Bo Didley - I actually brought him one of them, and I made it a triple, with dry from memory, which Bo didn’t even notice. Downed it like water.
Bo was telling stories about his life and career. And there’s one line that just cracked me up and me and my mates (who were there) still quote to each other as a joke to this day -

“My momma played in a band.”

Yeah, I guess you had to be there.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score

There was an episode on Australia Story with Jimmy and John both in their 50’s, maybe 60’s. And Jimmy was saying how you had to be wary of John when he got side on to you, because he was getting ready to unload on you an over hand right.

And that’s how I remember him - that right hand!

Could stop a bull.

And this is the bloke who sang one of the most soft cock ballads of all time “Lady, what’s your name”

Pity the fool who though he was soft cock like the ballad.

Last edited:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Met a ton of famous muso’s over the years. Probably the most ad-hoc encounter was at the old (as in no longer there) Jazz’n’Blues bar at the Travelodge in Brisbane in the early 90’s. I was unsurprisingly standing at the bar and I turned to the guy next to me and it was Bob Geldof. Had a decent chat with him. I can’t remember why he was in Brisbane at the time. Also, in a tiny music club in LA (the Baked Potato), same sort of thing (although he's not a muso), it was Danny DeVito. Yes, he really is that short.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Had a couple of others as well. Ended up getting backstage with Lifehouse cause my sister knew the tour manager. Also had a private dinner with Craig Lowndes cause Dad was good friends with a manager of a Holden dealer who had the biggest sales for the year, the reward was a dinner with Craig Lowndes and he invited me and dad. This was back in the 90s in his HRT days

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure how true this story is but I reakon it's a cracker, one of the pubs I was drinking at in Airlie Beach many moons ago was telling this story apparently George Harrison had a place or visit some islands regularly. He on occasion stopped in this pub and had a beer or to kept to himself but would chat with the locals if they talked to him , one bloke started up a convo with no idea who he was asking him what does he do George replied " nothing much im an unemployed musician "

Yet again no idea if its true but I hope it was imagine having one of the Beatles telling you they are an unemployed musician
Possibly true. George could be cynical and sarcastic.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I ran into Sailor in North Sydney. I did the same thing. Stared at him for a while thinking "I swear I know this guy from somewhere"
It was the other way around. He was staring at me like he had a problem? Didn't know it was him? Hes a lot shorter and fatter than he looks on tv!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was waiting many years ago outside of work one morning in the Eastern suburbs and was surprised to see Elton John and a minder heading off for a bit of tennis at White City. He would have walked no less than three feet away from me, nodded to me as he passed and said hello....Surprising he was out walking rather than driving.

Also walked past Bill Hunter in the city. He smiled and said good morning. ( pre Muriel's wedding )

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Takes a big man to admit his faults.

Maybe one day renters will concede they botched up their finances.