Your best bulldogs win being there

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a really hard one considering I've been fortunate to have seen so many of our great finals wins. However, you can't beat the magic of a grand final win so I'd have to say these two games.

-*1995 grand final win - culmination of a magic finals run and we completely outplayed Manly who were red hot favourites
* 2004 grand final win - huge Dogs crowd, a great Bulldogs team, enthralling match and it was personal after 2002

Special mention goes to each semi final in our 1995 and 1998 semi final runs, we were underdogs in every match except for St George in 95 which was about equal odds. Still an amazing match and loved the fight I think between Dean Pay and Tallis and an amazing match winner from Pay (1:11:40 on the video). He was my favourite Bulldog before he left.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to say in 02 against the Broncos, it was a week after they stripped us of 37 competition points, Brisbane were a top 5 side and we ripped them apart and the song "We are the champions" playing at fulltime.
They also let all the fans on the field after the game to talk to players.
Great night that was... those were the real bulldogs teams
Yeah that night was so bitter sweet. A great win but the end of our season. I remember running on the field as well.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs vs manly 2014 semi final hodko field goal win best I’ve witnessed. Worst I’ve winessed was 2006 bulldogs loss to broncos preliminary final

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this game was unbeleivable, i was right behind halligan when he kicked the winning goal, what a game.
I was in front of the posts and when Polly took that field goal shot on fulltime I wasn't sure myself if it went over or not.

That game was a career killer for Paul Cariage, he was solely blamed for that loss - rather unfairly I thought.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 that sticks out to me is Rd1 2009. The wooden spooners of 08 against the premier’s of 08 in Manly and we pumped them 34-12. Hazem breaking the points scoring record, Idris scoring the first 2 Tries and Jmoz scoring a 95 metre try in his first game for us was pretty special to me

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Preliminary Final 1998 - Bulldogs v Eels
Was there with a mate of mine who is,a mad Dogs supporter. He just had a hernia operation a week before. With 10mins to go and down 18-2 and , my workmates (Tigers, Manly and Dragqueen supporters) were already texting me "suck shit...woof woof". Watching the Dogs come back with Rocket Rod, Jamie Feeney, and Willie Talau... WOW! Then, the conversions from the sideline by Chook Halligan....loved it!!
After the first come back try, some 10yr old kid in an Eels jersey in front of us started crying his head off. I was like "you will be ok buddy" (not knowing what was to happen). My mate turns around and goes to me...."Fuck him!...let him cry. Little brat had a smirk on his face when we were down!"...lol.
Watching Paul Cariage have his brain explosion was awesome!. After we scored the last try and Chook converted from the sideline, my mate out of happiness picks me up (all 110kg of me) forgetting about his hernia operation and then was in pain after that, I had to help him back to the car after the game....I said to him "that was silly" and he responds.... "mate, it's all worth it! Watching those slimey ***** faces after the game was priceless...would do it all over again!"
Next day, went back to work and did not stop laughing at my workmates all day...gave them so much shit, they hated me for a month after that...lol

Best time ever!

That was the best comeback in our history. My niece was at the game - she's in the crowd scene when we first hit the lead in extra time.
I was stoked.
Listened to it on the radio. Commentators thought we'd kicked the field goal on full time, and called the win for us; then the disappointment hearing Polla's kick went under the cross bar. But, the next 20 minutes were so satisfying.

Paul Carige was our best player.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was in front of the posts and when Polly took that field goal shot on fulltime I wasn't sure myself if it went over or not.

That game was a career killer for Paul Cariage, he was solely blamed for that loss - rather unfairly I thought.
it was very unfair actually. as i said i was on the side where we scored in the corner and almost directly behind Halligan. Parra supporters all around us who were giving us shit all day.
bring back those memories

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a really hard one considering I've been fortunate to have seen so many of our great finals wins. However, you can't beat the magic of a grand final win so I'd have to say these two games.

-*1995 grand final win - culmination of a magic finals run and we completely outplayed Manly who were red hot favourites
* 2004 grand final win - huge Dogs crowd, a great Bulldogs team, enthralling match and it was personal after 2002

Special mention goes to each semi final in our 1995 and 1998 semi final runs, we were underdogs in every match except for St George in 95 which was about equal odds. Still an amazing match and loved the fight I think between Dean Pay and Tallis and an amazing match winner from Pay (1:11:40 on the video). He was my favourite Bulldog before he left.

You're right about 2004 Grand Final, dogs supporters dominated the crowd.
I flew down from Brisbane, Dad flew up from Melbourne and we went to my brother's place.
There was so many Dogs supporters flying into Sydney that morning, the airplane from Brisbane was like 30% doggies fans, fuck all Roosters supporters on that plane or not making themselves known at least.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2004 Grand Final. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a month. Wore a Bulldogs jersey every day for the next few months.

The old lady at the chemist was a Roosters supporter. She told me the story about how her husband was a Bulldogs supporter and how he coached Brad Fittler. He ended up changing to a Roosters supporter due to Fittler. I said, "Well, I guess this is karma then"

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
beat newcastle at the death at gosford i think,hazem kicked the winning goal also the 85 grand final but only because it was a gf win,was a shit game really

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
04' Grand Final & 14' Dogs v Manly semi-final

I miss those feels. :cry:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1995 grand final, giving it to 2 smug manly dudes in maroon knited jumpers.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that night was so bitter sweet. A great win but the end of our season. I remember running on the field as well.
The most dominant bulldogs team I have ever watched, that 02 team was belting teams consistently

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That 02 to 04 period was unreal, they could be 20 nil down and you just knew they would come back
and win.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
it was very unfair actually. as i said i was on the side where we scored in the corner and almost directly behind Halligan. Parra supporters all around us who were giving us shit all day.
bring back those memories
Actually, Carige made a couple of crucial errors that allowed us back into the game. We would have been baying for his blood had he been a Dog's player and we lost like that. But, you are correct in that the whole team took their foot off the pedal with 10 minutes to go, and couldn't find the momentum to get back into the game.

The Dogs had had a couple of extra time wins, and were used to going the distance; but all that extra game time caught up with us in the GF.