Your best bulldogs win being there

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You mean the good old days for me in Sydney. Loved those days, loved the radio with Hollywood and Zorba on Sunday afternoons when we couldn't get to the game, couldn't wait for the reply at night. We'd listen to the radio after an old fashioned Sunday roast lunch, we'd be listening to the radio on the front porch of our Belmore home with the sun shining down. When a win was looming, you'd get some crazy Dogs supporter with a flag out the car window driving past beeping the horn and it was only a normal game in the season. Nothing like having the atmosphere of the Bulldogs right in our own back yard. Great memories
Yes same here listening to the Sunday afternoon radio call.
One match the caller said a Canterbury try was the best he had ever seen passing through 13 sets of hands.
That Canterbury game was the Sunday replay game and I had to see that try.
I told mum straight away I wasn't going to Church.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The 1967 Semi Final, where we ended St. George's 11 year run of premierships. From cellar dwellers to giant killers - it was a magic day for the Berries at the SCG.

My mates and I sat amongst St. George supporters, and repeatedly sang "when the Saints go marching out" to their grief and tears.

I met the girl who would later become my wife at the game - so a win never to be forgotten.
What a great Story.
What is the story of how you meet your wife at the game? You should have been concentrating on the football.

My dad was at the 1967 grand final selling pies but finished and watched the game.
He was gutted with the intercept by McCarthy as where all Canterbury fans who witnessed it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes same here listening to the Sunday afternoon radio call.
One match the caller said a Canterbury try was the best he had ever seen passing through 13 sets of hands.
That Canterbury game was the Sunday replay game and I had to see that try.
I told mum straight away I wasn't going to Church.
haha..love it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The bulldogs win that typified what bulldogs were all about (in recent years) was the 2006 game v Dragons at Kogarah.

It was a friday night. I think Dragons were favourites, they had half of the australian backline playing for them. I just remember it being a total ambush. Our forwards just fucking took them to school and absolutely man handled them. I was at the game too, I've never seen a footy game like it since. I think its somewhere on youtube. But yeah that game for me in a nut shell summed up what the Doggies success was built on.

Side note I think 2006 Omeley knocked out a few players running the ball. Freak
I was at that game too. It was raining that night but the crowd was still massive. Our pack with Shrek, Roy and Willie made the Saints their bitches.. The line speed was crazy and you could hear the heavy contact in every tackle from the hill.

Fuck I miss those days where we'd dominate teams through physicality and aggression.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There's 2 that come to mind;

#1 Has to be the 2004 Grand Final, my dad and my son were there with me, the last Bulldogs game the 3 of us went to as my dad passed away 2 months later.

#2 Has to be the the 1967 Preliminary Final were we ended StGeorge's run, at full time the crowd went silent for few seconds as the reality of the end of that era dawned on 50,000 people. Very eerie sensation, not one I have experienced before or since.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
another special one for was 1985 grand final v st george, in those days we could go on the ground after the game, remember shaking brian Battese hand as a kid.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
TBH can’t name one game that I attended that was the best, every win was the best game I’ve been to.
That feeling after the win walking back to the train station or the car flags waving people singing, best pump ever.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preliminary Final 1998 - Bulldogs v Eels

Same, I went with a work colleague who is a mad Eels supporter. I was stuck in the middle of a large section of Eels supporters. I was coping it for 70 minutes. But it was a glorious last 10 + extra time.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to say in 02 against the Broncos, it was a week after they stripped us of 37 competition points, Brisbane were a top 5 side and we ripped them apart and the song "We are the champions" playing at fulltime.
They also let all the fans on the field after the game to talk to players.
Great night that was... those were the real bulldogs teams

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By far it was the doggies vs rabbits 2012 game to get into the GF. Getting on the tins with my mates at the park down the road beforehand was pretty great!

But the best game I attended was dogs vs eels prelim final in 09, unfortunately didn't get the win.
Yep Patten injured & Hayne kneed Goodwin in the head whilst Goodwin was scoring & nothing! Not a send off or suspension. This is one of the major problems with the NRL consistency & protecting "stars".

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep Patten injured & Hayne kneed Goodwin in the head whilst Goodwin was scoring & nothing! Not a send off or suspension. This is one of the major problems with the NRL consistency & protecting "stars".
100%. Still such a good atmosphere how they separated Eels and Dogs fans on either side of ANZ.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard one 79 semifinal series coming from 5th was amazing the 80 /85 gfs ptetty satisfying 98 semifinal i rate at No1

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2014 prelim being there was awesome but the 2012 prelim when we dumpstered south’s hit different

Also our boys winning the 2014 origin series abit of a stretch but we had our bulldogs win it for us lol

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Was there with a mate of mine who is,a mad Dogs supporter. He just had a hernia operation a week before. With 10mins to go and down 18-2 and , my workmates (Tigers, Manly and Dragqueen supporters) were already texting me "suck shit...woof woof". Watching the Dogs come back with Rocket Rod, Jamie Feeney, and Willie Talau... WOW! Then, the conversions from the sideline by Chook Halligan....loved it!!
After the first come back try, some 10yr old kid in an Eels jersey in front of us started crying his head off. I was like "you will be ok buddy" (not knowing what was to happen). My mate turns around and goes to me...."Fuck him!...let him cry. Little brat had a smirk on his face when we were down!"...lol.
Watching Paul Cariage have his brain explosion was awesome!. After we scored the last try and Chook converted from the sideline, my mate out of happiness picks me up (all 110kg of me) forgetting about his hernia operation and then was in pain after that, I had to help him back to the car after the game....I said to him "that was silly" and he responds.... "mate, it's all worth it! Watching those slimey ***** faces after the game was priceless...would do it all over again!"
Next day, went back to work and did not stop laughing at my workmates all day...gave them so much shit, they hated me for a month after that...lol

Best time ever!

Yes the 1998 preliminary final beating Parrascums and the 2004 Grand Final win over the Rorters would be my 2 favourites.

For the 1998 prelim, we were sitting pretty much straight in line behind Halligan's conversion to equalise. It looked like it was fading away to the left and then curved back the other way through the sticks. To this day, I don't know how he got it to curve like that.

Once it got to 18-18, the Parrascums were dead meat.

It was before extra time so we just kept on scoring. We ended up on 32 points. Most amazing comeback win I've ever seen.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a great Story.
What is the story of how you meet your wife at the game? You should have been concentrating on the football.

My dad was at the 1967 grand final selling pies but finished and watched the game.
He was gutted with the intercept by McCarthy as where all Canterbury fans who witnessed it.
We sat among the Dragons fans for a bit of fun. One of my mates saw some girls sitting in the Berries area, went over and latched onto one of them. My future wife was sitting with them, but wasn't interested in meeting us fellows. At the end of the game, I was the only one with a car, so we all squeezed in and I drove them home. For me it was love at first sight, but I didn't ask to see her again because I thought she'd refuse me; but things just worked out.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
94 major semi v Canberra
No right to beat them
We were 18
My mate got belted by a 50-something female Raiders supporter because he was so cocky
Jason Williams great run down the left hand side
Glory days

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every single win for the last 35 years.!!

my favourite win was our 2004 GF, such a beautiful moment when we came from behind to beat the roosters , flew over especially.. also I did attend the 2012 and 2014 grand final as well.!!!

but being from NZ I do go and watch the mighty doggs every chance I get.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprisingly it was the first Melbourne vs bulldogs Belmore game when we won. The atmosphere was beyond what I expected and it brought all my childhood memories back. The goosebumps I had just being there and then the celebrations after it made it the most memorable game I’ve been to.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was there with a mate of mine who is,a mad Dogs supporter. He just had a hernia operation a week before. With 10mins to go and down 18-2 and , my workmates (Tigers, Manly and Dragqueen supporters) were already texting me "suck shit...woof woof". Watching the Dogs come back with Rocket Rod, Jamie Feeney, and Willie Talau... WOW! Then, the conversions from the sideline by Chook Halligan....loved it!!
After the first come back try, some 10yr old kid in an Eels jersey in front of us started crying his head off. I was like "you will be ok buddy" (not knowing what was to happen). My mate turns around and goes to me...."Fuck him!...let him cry. Little brat had a smirk on his face when we were down!"...lol.
Watching Paul Cariage have his brain explosion was awesome!. After we scored the last try and Chook converted from the sideline, my mate out of happiness picks me up (all 110kg of me) forgetting about his hernia operation and then was in pain after that, I had to help him back to the car after the game....I said to him "that was silly" and he responds.... "mate, it's all worth it! Watching those slimey ***** faces after the game was priceless...would do it all over again!"
Next day, went back to work and did not stop laughing at my workmates all day...gave them so much shit, they hated me for a month after that...lol

Best time ever!

Everything I see or hear that game I get massive twinges of regret... I was there... ive got a temper when we lose... I walked out just before the comeback... I was down the stairs on the Eastern side when we scored the first try... I considered walking back but decided against it... we got near the gate of the complex when we heard the cheers again... it was too late, but even then I thought fuck it, its still too late...there I was now walking up the road, in my dogs jersey, past a million waiting taxis, listening to the game when one driver gets out of his car to stop me "where ya going bro!?!?!? Your boys are making the comeback of the century!!!" I listened to the end of the match leaning in his cab, happy yet broken. 23 years later, it doesn't feel any better. That's my story.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2004 GF , I was lucky enough to be in a fully catered corporate box and then got to celebrate with the team in the sheds after the game ! What a dream come true