Your best bulldogs win being there

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 1967 Semi Final, where we ended St. George's 11 year run of premierships. From cellar dwellers to giant killers - it was a magic day for the Berries at the SCG.

My mates and I sat amongst St. George supporters, and repeatedly sang "when the Saints go marching out" to their grief and tears.

I met the girl who would later become my wife at the game - so a win never to be forgotten.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jamie fee why didn’t play with us in 1998
Jamie Feeney played....Jamie Fee didn't. I don't think you would have seen it as a baby in India anyway!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All Grand Final Wins I’ve been at:
1980 / 1984 / 1985 / 1988 / 1995 / 2004

1986 / 1994 & 1998 weren’t so fun.

Outside of finals:

2002: Any of the 17 straight wins (can’t say I was at all 17, but at least half of them).

2010: Flogging the Chooks 60-14 at Stadium Oz.

2015: Beating the Storm at Belmore in the first game at ‘home’ since 1998.

There’s probably more but these were the first that came to mind…
Yes 15 v melb at belmore was good. We were clinical in that first half
some that springs to mind for me was the semi v manly in 14 and the run of finals in 04, outside of grand finals etc

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Number 1 was being at the 1998 parramatta semi final. Hearing Parra fans singing “bring on the broncos” then we steam roll them was amazing.
Number 2 was 2002 v Newcastle at Newcastle. Hazem from the sideline!!! We were getting Pumped at half time as well. I remember we got there before reserve grade started and there was already over 10,000 people there for sure.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One really underrated one for mine is one from the Des days. We lost both BMoz and Lafai to the warm up.

We were down 24-6 with about 20 to go. I remember some Dogs fans leaving.

We end up winning via a Mbye field goal in GP.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes 15 v melb at belmore was good. We were clinical in that first half
some that springs to mind for me was the semi v manly in 14 and the run of finals in 04, outside of grand finals etc
I missed the 2014 semi against Manly, was flying back from the US after a business trip but I remember turning my phone on the second we landed and boom! Hodko had kicked the FG to get us through. The following week I watched us beat the Panthers at Stadium Oz and as I was walking out I said ‘Better luck next year’, slightly smugly, to some dejected Panthers fans behind me. The following week I left the GF with 2min to go - as much as being a good sport is important I couldn’t stand to see our boys cop such a hiding and didn’t want to watch Rusty and Burgess gloat. As I walked out a Soufs fan said to me: ‘Better luck next year’. Payback is a bitch :-).

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By far it was the doggies vs rabbits 2012 game to get into the GF. Getting on the tins with my mates at the park down the road beforehand was pretty great!

But the best game I attended was dogs vs eels prelim final in 09, unfortunately didn't get the win.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here.

1979 semi final against Cronulla 30 to 15 win. Some of the game is in the highlights.

I was at this game with my dad, brother and some guy from down the Street (Lister Street, Winston Hills) and I don't remember Cronulla even scoring a point. But I sure do remember Turvey's tries. We were standing on the SCG hill and the bulldogs fans being 70% of the crowd at least, were going nuts. I was a kid at the time but there were plenty of blokes drinking a lot of beer in celebration.

Absolutely positively the game was far better and more entertaining before they tried to "speed things up"

Malla

Reaction score
The bulldogs win that typified what bulldogs were all about (in recent years) was the 2006 game v Dragons at Kogarah.

It was a friday night. I think Dragons were favourites, they had half of the australian backline playing for them. I just remember it being a total ambush. Our forwards just fucking took them to school and absolutely man handled them. I was at the game too, I've never seen a footy game like it since. I think its somewhere on youtube. But yeah that game for me in a nut shell summed up what the Doggies success was built on.

Side note I think 2006 Omeley knocked out a few players running the ball. Freak

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Found it

Not the full game tho. Fuck this brings back memories. I was standing on top of the hill towards the side we were running towards in the first half. I could hear the contact all fucking night.
Fuck man theres not one forward like Shrek left in the NRL

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember listening to that play off against West on the radio trying to tune into one of the Sydney stations.

That was in the bad old days when the only game of rugby league televised in Melbourne was like 1am Sunday morning.
You mean the good old days for me in Sydney. Loved those days, loved the radio with Hollywood and Zorba on Sunday afternoons when we couldn't get to the game, couldn't wait for the reply at night. We'd listen to the radio after an old fashioned Sunday roast lunch, we'd be listening to the radio on the front porch of our Belmore home with the sun shining down. When a win was looming, you'd get some crazy Dogs supporter with a flag out the car window driving past beeping the horn and it was only a normal game in the season. Nothing like having the atmosphere of the Bulldogs right in our own back yard. Great memories

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Found it

Not the full game tho. Fuck this brings back memories. I was standing on top of the hill towards the side we were running towards in the first half. I could hear the contact all fucking night.
One of the most brutal games I've been too. Was standing on the hill as well, probably not far from you Lol.
You right, I could hear the contact all night, Never seen a pack of Bulldogs rip in like that night, Dragons didn't know what hit them that night.

We've always been about our forward pack, Only way out of this mess we're in is to assemble another fearsome pack, it doesn't matter who we have in our backline, Dogs success always came from our forwards. And to put things into perspective, Thompson is our best forward at the moment, but he'd probably only play a supporting role if he was in that pack we had. He'd probably be the 4th or 5th best forward in that pack. Really puts things into perspective IMO.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Beating Parra 25-2 in a semi 1985
Anzac day Peter Kelly send off
Eric Grothe famous try against us .. robbo knocking down wall
Andrew farrar extra time try
Greg Dowling try in the wet State of origin
0-38 beating St George at Kogarah a few seasons back
Beating Souths 2020 Josh jacko 200th game

I could go on

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel a little left out being a dogs supporter from the North Coast and now the New England area. I don’t get to go to live games so technically me being there is watching the game live. For me round 20 2002 when El Magic kicked from the sideline. 19 nil down at half time the goose bumps as you knew we would run them down and Andrew John’s chucking his mouth guard as the ball sailed over the dot. That game and the Eels run down in the finals 3 tries in last 10 minutes to win. I miss these days.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
W

We had some nail biters . Was that the one where Reynolds did the dive when glen stewarr held him snd he faked it ?
Possibly can’t remember that far mate all I remember were the amount of field goals and attempted field goals was unreal