Your best bulldogs win being there

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
2012 Preliminary finals Eastwood run away try on the buzzer dogs supporters in numbers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
04 Grand Final and the party afterward...
I’ll never forget singing the Queen song all night with a slight lyric modification:

‘We are the Champions my friend.
And we’ll keep on fighting to the end.
We are the Champions
We are the Champions
No time for ROOSTERS
‘cause we are the Champions - of the world!’

Great night :-).

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last round 1991 Belmore Sports Ground v Sharks.
All the stars from the 80’s golden years had left the club except Baa and Folkesy. We had a few lean years since the GF win in 1988. We needed to win this game to have any chance of playing finals football for the first time in 4 years. It wasn’t looking good at 16-0 Sharks way, but I don’t know what happened but we just clicked. Ewan Mcgrady and Jonathan Davies turned it on and we ended up scoring 26 unanswered points and winning the game to force a mid week play off with Wests for a semi final spot, which we ended up losing. Not the first time I’ve experienced a finals drought but that afternoon showed me we were building our way back. Two years later we were minor premiers. We’ll be back, same way we’ve been back before. Beware of the wounded dog!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All the stars from the 80’s golden years had left the club except Baa and Folkesy. We had a few lean years since the GF win in 1988. We needed to win this game to have any chance of playing finals football for the first time in 4 years. It wasn’t looking good at 16-0 Sharks way, but I don’t know what happened but we just clicked. Ewan Mcgrady and Jonathan Davies turned it on and we ended up scoring 26 unanswered points and winning the game to force a mid week play off with Wests for a semi final spot, which we ended up losing. Not the first time I’ve experienced a finals drought but that afternoon showed me we were building our way back. Two years later we were minor premiers. We’ll be back, same way we’ve been back before. Beware of the wounded dog!
I went to that mid week play-off vs the Maggies!
Pretty sure it was at Parra Stadium.
What really hurt that night was seeing some
favourite ex-Bulldogs in black and white in Thomas, Gillespie and Farrar. Though there was a future Bulldog also in Darren Britt. Other players that night apart from Britt whose sons have since played for the Dogs were Trevor Cogger and Shane Flanagan. Other familiar non-Bulldog names that night were Jason Taylor and Graham Wynn. Ah, memories…

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Round 21 1981 V Raiders at Seiffert Oval

Raiders led 16-10 at half time & looked like beating us for the first time which would have been embarrassing. I was sitting on the half way line in the grand stand amongst all the Raiders supporters who took my beanie & through it in the air & they were really giving to me. Full time score Bulldogs 43 Raiders 16. I was very happy during that second half!

one try from the game:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember listening to that play off against West on the radio trying to tune into one of the Sydney stations.

That was in the bad old days when the only game of rugby league televised in Melbourne was like 1am Sunday morning.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember listen to that play off against West on the radio trying to tune into one of the Sydney stations.

That was in the bad old days when the only game of rugby league televised in Melbourne was like 1am Sunday morning.
Bloody Bill Harrigan called time off early as Ewan McGrady was going to score. Ripped off in that game.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Semi final against manly 2014 field goal win best atmosphere ever

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Preliminary Final 1998 - Bulldogs v Eels
Was there with a mate of mine who is,a mad Dogs supporter. He just had a hernia operation a week before. With 10mins to go and down 18-2 and , my workmates (Tigers, Manly and Dragqueen supporters) were already texting me "suck shit...woof woof". Watching the Dogs come back with Rocket Rod, Jamie Feeney, and Willie Talau... WOW! Then, the conversions from the sideline by Chook Halligan....loved it!!
After the first come back try, some 10yr old kid in an Eels jersey in front of us started crying his head off. I was like "you will be ok buddy" (not knowing what was to happen). My mate turns around and goes to me...."Fuck him!...let him cry. Little brat had a smirk on his face when we were down!"...lol.
Watching Paul Cariage have his brain explosion was awesome!. After we scored the last try and Chook converted from the sideline, my mate out of happiness picks me up (all 110kg of me) forgetting about his hernia operation and then was in pain after that, I had to help him back to the car after the game....I said to him "that was silly" and he responds.... "mate, it's all worth it! Watching those slimey ***** faces after the game was priceless...would do it all over again!"
Next day, went back to work and did not stop laughing at my workmates all day...gave them so much shit, they hated me for a month after that...lol

Best time ever!

Jamie fee why didn’t play with us in 1998

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
this game was unbeleivable, i was right behind halligan when he kicked the winning goal, what a game.
You were sitting behind him!?
Why weren’t you on the field?
What happened to your claim two weeks ago you were Parras halfback in the nineties and was the reason Polla Mounter went to the dogs?

you dropped that piece of fiction pretty quickly I see.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs vs manly 2014 semi final at SFS Hodko field goal to win it in golden point atmosphere was unreal surrounded by dogs fans we were all jumping and hugging place was full of blue and white ,can’t wait for those days again
I was there also ... I was fuming in the stands thinking we'd thrown that game through stupid errors.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to decide.
85’ GF
04’ GF
98’ GF qualifier v Eels
95’ Semi besting Dragons (Pay owned Tallis)
94’ GF qualifier v Raiders

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004… played the bronx and played against mountain creek shs the game before .. we won . And shifty Sherwon put on a master class

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
W
Bulldogs vs manly 2014 semi final at SFS Hodko field goal to win it in golden point atmosphere was unreal surrounded by dogs fans we were all jumping and hugging place was full of blue and white ,can’t wait for those days again
We had some nail biters . Was that the one where Reynolds did the dive when glen stewarr held him snd he faked it ?

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best game ! Unexpected also I was just happy to be there