Your best bulldogs win being there

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here.

1979 semi final against Cronulla 30 to 15 win. Some of the game is in the highlights.

I was at this game with my dad, brother and some guy from down the Street (Lister Street, Winston Hills) and I don't remember Cronulla even scoring a point. But I sure do remember Turvey's tries. We were standing on the SCG hill and the bulldogs fans being 70% of the crowd at least, were going nuts. I was a kid at the time but there were plenty of blokes drinking a lot of beer in celebration.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Preliminary Final 1998 - Bulldogs v Eels
Was there with a mate of mine who is,a mad Dogs supporter. He just had a hernia operation a week before. With 10mins to go and down 18-2 and , my workmates (Tigers, Manly and Dragqueen supporters) were already texting me "suck shit...woof woof". Watching the Dogs come back with Rocket Rod, Jamie Feeney, and Willie Talau... WOW! Then, the conversions from the sideline by Chook Halligan....loved it!!
After the first come back try, some 10yr old kid in an Eels jersey in front of us started crying his head off. I was like "you will be ok buddy" (not knowing what was to happen). My mate turns around and goes to me...."Fuck him!...let him cry. Little brat had a smirk on his face when we were down!"...lol.
Watching Paul Cariage have his brain explosion was awesome!. After we scored the last try and Chook converted from the sideline, my mate out of happiness picks me up (all 110kg of me) forgetting about his hernia operation and then was in pain after that, I had to help him back to the car after the game....I said to him "that was silly" and he responds.... "mate, it's all worth it! Watching those slimey ***** faces after the game was priceless...would do it all over again!"
Next day, went back to work and did not stop laughing at my workmates all day...gave them so much shit, they hated me for a month after that...lol

Best time ever!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was there with a mate of mine who is,a mad Dogs supporter. He just had a hernia operation a week before. With 10mins to go and down 18-2 and , my workmates (Tigers, Manly and Dragqueen supporters) were already texting me "suck shit...woof woof". Watching the Dogs come back with Rocket Rod, Jamie Feeney, and Willie Talau... WOW! Then, the conversions from the sideline by Chook Halligan....loved it!!
After the first come back try, some 10yr old kid in an Eels jersey in front of us started crying his head off. I was like "you will be ok buddy" (not knowing what was to happen). My mate turns around and goes to me...."Fuck him!...let him cry. Little brat had a smirk on his face when we were down!"...lol.
Watching Paul Cariage have his brain explosion was awesome!. After we scored the last try and Chook converted from the sideline, my mate out of happiness picks me up (all 110kg of me) forgetting about his hernia operation and then was in pain after that, I had to help him back to the car after the game....I said to him "that was silly" and he responds.... "mate, it's all worth it! Watching those slimey ***** faces after the game was priceless...would do it all over again!"
Next day, went back to work and did not stop laughing at my workmates all day...gave them so much shit, they hated me for a month after that...lol

Best time ever!
this game was unbeleivable, i was right behind halligan when he kicked the winning goal, what a game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Best time ever!

That's easily the most memorable game I've been to as well. All those late tries and Chook sideline conversions.. When Polly almost kicked that Field Goal after Paul Cariage's brain explosion I lost my shit as we all thought it went over and was hugging random other Bulldogs fans around me.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By far the best doggies game I’ve been to in the flesh was the well documented 1998 Major Prelim final vs Parra coming back from I think 18-2 down with only 10 or so mins on the clock…

Went there with my best mate whose a Parra fan, he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat all game, Dogs fans were physically leaving the venue, it was a lonely place, I was desperately hoping for a try just to give it to all and sundry…after that first try, they scored another and another with Halligan nailing them from the corners, all high pressure kicks, none more than his last with a minute or so left on the clock to level it up… looked like it was curving away and straightened up! Goal!! 18-18

To add to the theatre, we’re all there thinking “extra time” since there was maybe 1 or 2 plays to create a miracle, we literally kick the ball deep with the siren gone, Parra fields the ball 10m from there own line, and Paul Carriage has a brain snap, kicks the ball back to the Bulldogs giving Craig Polla-Mounter a crack at field goal from half way… from the naked eye, it looks good, Dogs fans are going ape sh!t and Parra supporters are absolutely stunned at what transpired…but it fell just short. Into extra time!

The momentum wave was far to strong in our favour and we ran away with it scoring two more pies. The vibe on the ground was second to none and to witness that comeback in a critical game against a red-hot Parra outfit was glorious.

Still recall a banner “Big Willie Style” (Willie Talau), Dogs fans were banding together all over the place, those that left the stadium early soon returned when they realised we managed the impossible and caught the euphoria, mass celebrations everywhere.

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's easily the most memorable game I've been to as well. All those late tries and Chook sideline conversions.. When Polly almost kicked that Field Goal after Paul Cariage's brain explosion I lost my shit as we all thought it went over and was hugging random other Bulldogs fans around me.
Yeah, we were looking at each other and going.. "he did it...no....yes...hold on...I think he got it and then Hollywood Harrigan says says it was under....bummer!" What a kick!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By far the best doggies game I’ve been to in the flesh was the well documented 1998 Major Prelim final vs Parra coming back from I think 18-2 down with only 10 or so mins on the clock…

Went there with my best mate whose a Parra fan, he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat all game, Dogs fans were physically leaving the venue, it was a lonely place, I was desperately hoping for a try just to give it to all and sundry…after that first try, they scored another and another with Halligan nailing them from the corners, all high pressure kicks, none more than his last with a minute or so left on the clock to level it up… looked like it was curving away and straightened up! Goal!! 18-18

To add to the theatre, we’re all there thinking “extra time” since there was maybe 1 or 2 plays to create a miracle, we literally kick the ball deep with the siren gone, Parra fields the ball 10m from there own line, and Paul Carriage has a brain snap, kicks the ball back to the Bulldogs giving Craig Polla-Mounter a crack at field goal from half way… from the naked eye, it looks good, Dogs fans are going ape sh!t and Parra supporters are absolutely stunned at what transpired.

The momentum wave was far to strong in our favour and we ran away with it scoring two more pies in extra time. The vibe on the ground was second to none and to witness that comeback in a critical game against a red-hot Parra outfit was glorious.

Still recall a banner “Big Willie Style” (Willie Talau), Dogs fans were banding together all over the place, those that left the stadium early soon returned when they realised we managed the impossible and caught the euphoria, mass celebrations everywhere.
From memory that was after the week before we came back against Newcastle and beat them in extra time. Even to scrape into the finals we had to score late in the pouring rain to beat Melbourne at Belmore.

That team produced the most memorable comebacks in one season. They had not a tonne of talent but were all heart. They gave a stacked Brisbane team a decent run for their money in the first half before their class took over. And some questionable calls from Harrigan to help them..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All Grand Final Wins I’ve been at:
1980 / 1984 / 1985 / 1988 / 1995 / 2004

1986 / 1994 & 1998 weren’t so fun.

Outside of finals:

2002: Any of the 17 straight wins (can’t say I was at all 17, but at least half of them).

2010: Flogging the Chooks 60-14 at Stadium Oz.

2015: Beating the Storm at Belmore in the first game at ‘home’ since 1998.

There’s probably more but these were the first that came to mind…

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was there and loved every minute of that game against the rorters. But for me, the 1998 game against parradoesntmatta was favourite of all time.
What can I say??? Look at my user name. That game when Matty Utai slammed the ball down against the rorters!! 2003? My memory aint great and of course the 2004 Grand Final!!!

Go Doggies!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When Polly's field goal attempt went through the posts I jumped into the seats in front of me and gave it to a couple of Parra supporters who had given it to us all game. A tad embarrassed when Harrigan waved it away. What a game.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When Polly's field goal attempt went through the posts I jumped into the seats in front of me and gave it to a couple of Parra supporters who had given it to us all game. A tad embarrassed when Harrigan waved it away. What a game.
Like Thurston actually kicking the after the siren goal in 2015 GF, Pollys field goal and the image of him being lifted into the air with his arms up would have been an amazing moment..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From memory that was after the week before we came back against Newcastle and beat them in extra time.
Was there that day with wifey on the half way line that I had for all finals that year. Knights led 16-0 at one stage and a few Novacastrians around us were absolutely giving it to me…

To say that I revelled in giving back that day would be an understatement. To the point we’re I thought I might get evicted by security until one of them winked at me while I was raging and that was all the encouragement I needed.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Faaark Newcastle and Joey..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Prelim final win v South's 2012
&
Prelim final win v Penrith 2014

Also 2015 when we played South's for the second time, after black friday and got the revenge we deserved

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From memory that was after the week before we came back against Newcastle and beat them in extra time. Even to scrape into the finals we had to score late in the pouring rain to beat Melbourne at Belmore.

That team produced the most memorable comebacks in one season. They had not a tonne of talent but were all heart. They gave a stacked Brisbane team a decent run for their money in the first half before their class took over. And some questionable calls from Harrigan to help them..
Absolutely, as fit as they were, and Rocket Silva tells the story they knew they had everyone for fitness that year, the drain of successive comebacks and extra time took its toll and that Broncos team was stacked.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs vs manly 2014 semi final at SFS Hodko field goal to win it in golden point atmosphere was unreal surrounded by dogs fans we were all jumping and hugging place was full of blue and white ,can’t wait for those days again