11. Warburton
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

INT:
14. Armit
15. Hickey
16. Halatau
17. Barba / Paea

Now you'll notice I have left out Jamal Idris. He is far too inconsistent at the moment, and lets more tries in than he scores. He seems lazy and dis-interested on the field. Not to mention he jogs with the ball.

He needs some time in NSW Cup to reshape his game because at the moment he's somewhat of a myth.

People will get up me saying "ahh but he's young and was injured yadda yadda". Hannant was injured, Gordon was injured, Patten was injured, Goodwin was injured and all still gave 100% so it's not an excuse.

Sure he was great against the Knights, but scoring a few tries and having a few good games a season doesn't cut it in first grade, where you are meant to be a professional.

I have no doubt that the side I have named above would do serious damage.

I think Gordon has the ability, agility, size and speed to be a really damaging centre (in the mould of Tuiaki and Vatuvei). Given a good winger outside him, and given how defensively sound he is marking one position, I reckon he could be just the x factor our backline needs.

supercoach your a dropkick, this guy has played hard this year, won us games, scored us tries and how can someone be so inconsistent if they took out the Dally M rookie of the year... I bet if you told kevin moore hed laugh at you..

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Patten
2. JTK
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Goodwin
6. Roberts
7. Noddy
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Paea
11 Hodgson
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Halatau
15 Armit
16 Gordon
17 Turner

B

Bargache

Can someone hook me up with some of the crack some of you are smoking? :whacky:

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Patten - I disagree with your opinion about his last line defense. Poor last line defense imo
2) Turner - hmmm... solid but still too small imo... bomb him and watch izzy bag zillions of tries
3) Idris - needs to work on positional play in defense. Also speed off the mark needs to improve (altho when he gets going he's very fast)
4) Morris - Not much to complain about here... Morris has very few weaknesses
5) Goodwin - Again very solid player.. only complaint is that he doesn't have that spark or game breaking quality
6) Roberts - love this guy, only complaint is that he needs to work on his organisational play - noddy is not going to be baby sitting him foreva
7) Kimmorley - Really good player no complaints here
8) Hannant - Again no complaints about this bloke. Leaves it all on the field
9) Ennis - Good player, only complaint is that this bloke can miss some important tackles at crucial times
10) Hodgson - A little slow and cumbersome
11) Warburton - Doesn't offer that much in attack or defense - his numbers don't stack up to everyone's opinion that he is a workhorse.
12) Ryan - Experienced, but past his best
13) Stagg - I tell you what he didn't have his best game friday and seems to not be able to step up for big games..

14) Barba - I just don't think he's a first grader, not enuff ticker... when you're in the trenches i don't this bloke can bring it
15) Armit - i love this bloke.. but don't know whether he provides enuff impact off the bench
16) Gordon - he's had a great year.. but needs to just believe in himself a bit more and he could become anything - he has all the skills
17) Halatau - Astute buy, but i think he struggles because he hasn't been able to develop in any one position
I've provided sum negatives of your above team (even i like a lot of them) just to spark some critical discussion which was sorely lacking on this blogg for most of the year

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Luke Patten
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Mickey Paea
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Gary Warburton
15. Chris Armit
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Dene Halatau

18. Ben Barba

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
1. Luke Patten
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Mickey Paea
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Gary Warburton
15. Chris Armit
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Dene Halatau

18. Ben Barba
Looks good and i also think that is the sort of team Moore had in mind when he signed these players.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Steve Turner should be just what the doctor ordered on the wing, if you remove goalkicking he will be an improvement on Haz, and also he will adequately cover for Idris in defence. And we want Idris in the team. He adds something we need.

Any player good enough to regularly start for the Storm who made the last 4 GFs cant be bad at all. Turner should be great.

I hope we have someone who can kick 75% + next year and we should go even better.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
supercoach your a dropkick, this guy has played hard this year, won us games, scored us tries and how can someone be so inconsistent if they took out the Dally M rookie of the year... I bet if you told kevin moore hed laugh at you..
You obviously can't be much of a fan, as it's become blatantly obvious you haven't watched many matches this season.

The number of times you see him walking around the field, or falling off in pissweak tackling attempts is amazing.

Then there is the whole walking/jogging to the defensive line.

Sure injury can be used as an excuse for 1 or 2 games, but not the majority.

There is no pressure on him to perform, given we have no other centre putting pressure on his position.

As I stated, if you score 10 tries a year, but let in 20, does that make you a good player?

Bottom line, is that everyone jizzes over Idris, when in reality at the moment he's about as average as Dane Laurie (yes I went there). He has had maybe 2 or 3 standout games this year.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
1. Patten
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Goodwin
6. Roberts
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Warburton
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Armit
15. Gordon
16. Halatau
17. Paea

18. Barba
19. Hickey

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i think it will be an interesting battle between tia-kilifi and turner

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Agreed, i put Turner just in front but i think he will start the season and then its up to JTK to put the pressure on.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i have no doubts that JTK will be a force...i mean from what ive seen this season at the panthers...he has a heap of promise and is still young

Shanghai Dog

Campsie/Yangtze
Reaction score
As an overseas fan, I got to watch the game last friday night. Maybe regular watchers will have seen different stuff. I thought we looked too big and slow compared to Parramatta as the game wore on. Maybe we got worn out with too much early defence on our line because of crap referee decisions (Roberts allegedly playing at ball thrown into his chest from touch). Luck (especially injuries) plays a big factor in semis and you just have to put yourself in a position to win the premiership by getting to the finals every year. There are 3 primary issues in looking at new players and 2010 - whether the new players will improve our team in 2010; whether our existing players are on an upwards curve in their careers or winding down; whether our opponents are going up or down in terms of salary cap and performance. Luke Patten, Andrew Ryan, Michael Hodgson and Brett Kimmorley are older players - but they all have great pride and commitment. They should stay solid. The key to our premiership success has often been the development of the mid-career players. Remember the 1980, 1995 and 2004 teams all had a lot of guys in the 50-100 game bracket. Older people will recall how much Simon Gillies suddenly improevd in 1995 for example. So further improvement by mid career players like Hannant, Ennis and Morris (who all played Origin) plus Stagg, Roberts and Goodwin is critical. This sounds harsh because they were all great this year - but they need to improve more. Younger players like Jamal Idris will also come into this bracket. I don't think we have enough players in this bracket. Maybe I am forgetting someone because I am a long way away. Maybe Harrison, Barba will come though and players like Warburton and Gordon will continue to improve. The recruitment question is whether the loss of Eastwood (huge) is balanced by the new fringe forwards (who we will improve) + Halatau. I think Dean is a guy who could add some speed and versatility. But I haven't seen him a lot since 2005/6. That would really help our team. But whether it is Barba, Halatau, Roberts or someone else we definitely need more unpredictability in our game. We scored more points than any team in 2009 but as the year wore on other teams started to work out our patterns and contain them. Our scores got lower. Semis need that X factor like Steve Mortimer used to bring to the game. The final issue is whether the sides ahead of us - Storm and Eels - are going up or down in their battle with the salary cap. And if there any other teams going upwards in the cycle. I think Eels are on a once in a lifetime run but they will still be very good next year. Storm are sliding - slightly. Manly will definitely come back. They are a big danger next year with a settled off season, Hasler and no bull****. St George and Brisbane probably lack that X factor. Brisbane lose Taylor (already weak in forwards) and Lockyer is getting old and tired. St George lose good forwards (their current strength). Soward is the new Jason Taylor - flat track bully. Panthers, Souths, Knights, Titans - they all win lots of games but also lack that extra edge to win the premiership. So it is pretty even. WE jsut got to be good enough to get to the finals and have good fortune. On that basis, I think we can look forward to 2010 - even win the Premiership with the normal ounce of luck based on all these factors. The team is still developing as a unit - only 1 year together so like a new franchise. Lot of bull**** above. Longest post in history. Cheers

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
It's too much to read in one go cos it's all clumped :o LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.