Your 2009 Team (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
hahahaha utai is the worst to short and to clumsy how can u people keep putting him in ur sides has to be goodwin or nanai barring injury

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
Yeh he can do that, lets face it hazem's pretty old and probably just wanted to get through the trial without getting injured. Im sure he'll turn it up soon

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh he can do that, lets face it hazem's pretty old and probably just wanted to get through the trial without getting injured. Im sure he'll turn it up soon
This was his first hit out since last season. He has been on rehab because of his lower back and hadn't done any contact training yet

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
That would explain it then, guess he was just blowin out a few cobwebs.

D

Dogaholic

This was his first hit out since last season. He has been on rehab because of his lower back and hadn't done any contact training yet

At that age you never really recover and what recovery you do takes twice as long

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ennis put over a nice kick which may relieve the kicking dutys somewhat.but yes its getting interesting with the haz/dj talk.somewhere a long the line it will be make or break soon.

C

chipandchase

ennis put over a nice kick which may relieve the kicking dutys somewhat.but yes its getting interesting with the haz/dj talk.somewhere a long the line it will be make or break soon.
we should get a good indication from the team this weekend as it will be at almost full strength.
hopefully Roberts is fit and is in the squad, if Holdsworth and Crisp are in the team im not going

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
Yeh it would be great to see Kite on the bench for morrin (kite and conrad have to be ahead of koups right now). Patten in for crisp, but leave goodwin on the bench as the back-up and bring roberts in for holdsworth and leave barba on the bench.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kite is a prop...why is he ahead of Koups when they dont even play in the same position?

Get a clue plz

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
Kite is a prop...why is he ahead of Koups when they dont even play in the same position?

Get a clue plz
What's your problem, go check Kite's profile wher he's listed as a prop, 2nd rower or lock, did you not watch any under 20's matches last year?

Im just saying that Kite is a 2nd rower im saying that Kite, Koups, Gordon, Conrad, Warburton, Worsley, Te maari, harrison are all competing for forward spots on the bench and that Kite should probably be higher on that list than koups right now given he played better in the NSW cup match

Last edited by a moderator:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Maaa team for round 1 and yes im gonna stick with DJ from what i saw in the 1st half in the trial. He worked well with Noddy.

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Jamaal Idris
4. Josh Morris
5. Matt Utai
6. Danield Holdsworth
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Charlie Leano
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. David Stagg

14. Chris Armit
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Ben Roberts

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maaa team for round 1 and yes im gonna stick with DJ from what i saw in the 1st half in the trial. He worked well with Noddy.

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Jamaal Idris
4. Josh Morris
5. Matt Utai
6. Danield Holdsworth
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Charlie Leano
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. David Stagg

14. Chris Armit
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Ben Roberts
I heard he threw a couple of forward passes and did silly stuff.

Did he? and is that really considered good?

Roberts is the better option. Left footers are good to have and a 5/8 that has speed sounds even better.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I heard he threw a couple of forward passes and did silly stuff.

Did he? and is that really considered good?

Roberts is the better option. Left footers are good to have and a 5/8 that has speed sounds even better.
roberts imo is not a 5/8.

threw 1 forward pass and 1 knock on. Its the 1st game of the year, shyte happens. Even noddy knocked on.

DJ is a better kicker than roberts, even though he has a tendency to make a mistake or 2 in passing he still is better than roberts in that department as roberts has a weak pass. Roberts only has a running game which is pretty much what a centre is.

For me its either DJ or Barba. Barba wont play NRL in the 1st 10 rounds at least so im content on DJ just doing his bit and helping Noddy

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
I think its a good team except for DJ, id rather see roberts ther with te maari/koups on the bench who could play a utility role or come on as lock with stagg moving around.

Leaeno is probably gonna have to do more to earn a run on spot. Maybe as an impact player off the bench.

Back row isn't very attacking but then again te maari and koups haven't been playing well enough consistently. What about conrad? more time in RG?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think so, lucky cats in Brissy get to see him play for the first time in ages.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's your problem, go check Kite's profile wher he's listed as a prop, 2nd rower or lock, did you not watch any under 20's matches last year?

Im just saying that Kite is a 2nd rower im saying that Kite, Koups, Gordon, Conrad, Warburton, Worsley, Te maari, harrison are all competing for forward spots on the bench and that Kite should probably be higher on that list than koups right now given he played better in the NSW cup match
if you watched Kite play...you'd realise he is NOT a second rower nor a lock atm, not enough mobility for either.

kite and koups aren't even competing for the same bench spot...you need second rowers and props on the bench...

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
if you watched Kite play...you'd realise he is NOT a second rower nor a lock atm, not enough mobility for either.

kite and koups aren't even competing for the same bench spot...you need second rowers and props on the bench...
i wasn't saying Kite is better at 2nd row i to prefer him at prop, although remember that Willie Mason plays his best football in the 2nd row.

i was just suggesting who could replace brad morrin a 2nd rower playing prop off the bench. That means one spot has opened up on the bench for the next trial and i think Kite deserves it.

Im not saying koups and kite are competing for the SAME bench spot but competing for A bench spot and i think kite should be given a chance to prove his worth first.

Im sure you'll find a problem with this posting as well though

Status
Not open for further replies.