Young dog Oloapu doing everything right

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol there only try.

Watching KO/Rajab/Papali'i/Gray/Morrin/Hayward is like watching our reserve grade teams of the past when you can legit see the next ARL/NRL bulldogs batch coming through.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t notice him?
He did a lot of good work outside of those tries. Wasn’t as good as round 1 but still played well I thought. He’s just so raw, I was saying last week throw him in first grade but watching him yesterday against a dragons team that had a lot of first grade experience I think he’s still a ways away. The good thing about him however is he is always pushing up and looking to attack, he’s a really good defender as well. His kicking game needs a lot of work as well.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
He clearly must have a lot of talent and in the highlights clips I’ve seen be Abel to run, step, pass and kick.
Probably good penis length as well.

what concerns me though is who has he got around him to guide him. I hope he surrounds himself with good role models as we have seen through the Brisbane contract saga he’s easily influenced. Even Ciraldo just dangled an ice cream in front of him to get his signature. Imagine if 21 district get to him with an all you can eat?
As an 18 year old Pacific Islander new to Sydney, I have some concern he will fall to the wrong crowd. There has been a surge in teenage islanders fighting over postcodes the last few years and If we are not careful, he might go to battle and get hurt
Here’s an article on it
We need to keep an ear out for interviews and any talk where he starts to get mad and say stuff like ‘2117 are talking shit again’ etc with a staunch look on his face and since he’s likely in the postcode around the area we need to watch out for the Sydney youngins who my old gang used to Throw hands with

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
He clearly must have a lot of talent and in the highlights clips I’ve seen be Abel to run, step, pass and kick.

what concerns me though is who has he got around him to guide him. I hope he surrounds himself with good role models as we have seen through the Brisbane contract saga he’s easily influenced. Even Ciraldo just dangled an ice cream in front of him to get his signature. Imagine if 21 district get to him with an all you can eat?
As an 18 year old Pacific Islander new to Sydney, I have some concern he will fall to the wrong crowd. There has been a surge in teenage islanders fighting over postcodes the last few years and If we are not careful, he might go to battle and get hurt
Here’s an article on it
We need to keep an ear out for interviews and any talk where he starts to get mad and say stuff like ‘2117 are talking shit again’ etc with a staunch look on his face and since he’s likely in the postcode around the area we need to watch out for the Sydney youngins who my old gang used to Throw hands with
If you ignore the sexual undertones and the whole g styling crap, there is a point in there, I’m pretty sure that point falls into RFM’s role and is the very reason he was made club captain in charge of culture and mentoring.

Image1678676765.230580.jpg

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Here’s an article on it
Good to see you haven’t changed Nasheed. Who is your old gang?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He did a lot of good work outside of those tries. Wasn’t as good as round 1 but still played well I thought. He’s just so raw, I was saying last week throw him in first grade but watching him yesterday against a dragons team that had a lot of first grade experience I think he’s still a ways away. The good thing about him however is he is always pushing up and looking to attack, he’s a really good defender as well. His kicking game needs a lot of work as well.
Most of his highlights he plays on the left so maybe he needs more time on the right.

Did they let Karl play both sides of the field or was he stuck on the right?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you ignore the sexual undertones and the whole g styling crap, there is a point in there, I’m pretty sure that point falls into RFM’s role and is the very reason he was made club captain in charge of culture and mentoring.

View attachment 66370
Even in my crippled state Id still knock them out with a slap.

FFS I eat kebabs bigger than those pole smokers.

Last edited:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really good stats from Sunday from Karl.

3 try assists, 2 line break assists and 1 line break.

Kicking game was better.

Most impressive thing for me was he took 20 runs and ran for 130 metres. Love that he's 18 playing against grown men and he's not afraid to tuck it under and take a run.

We are winning games which gives the perception that Flanno's spot is safe but the way Karl is developing I would not be surprised if we see him in grade soon. I would say the one thing Karl needs to really work on is his defence. He has 6 missed tackles. In saying that, Flanno missed 4 over the weekend. He's not any better. When players run straight at Karl he puts them on their back with ease, it's the communicating with inside and outside defenders, that might be easier in first grade for him, who knows.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger was a great little general who wasn't giving decent coaching or opportunity. I would take him back today to be our 7
Dean pay destroyed Cogger at the dogs, constantly bringing off the bench with five to go and the game in the weeds, you don't do that to any halfback let alone a rookie. I felt really sorry for his time at the dogs it set his career back years.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s really annoying me is we are “not rushing” a talent like Oluapo…. Why wouldn’t you? Dolphins are showing right now that if you’re good enough, you’re ready for NRL - so much so that in their historic first game, Bennett chooses a 19yo over a seasoned Milford with everything on the line - Ballsy yet measured from Clint Eastwood…. young Katoa repaid the faith and delivered.

calling it now, in 80mins of NSW cup footy, Oluapo is without doubt our best option to partner Burton. Whilst I’m at it, he probably offers more than Burton, looks a natural half - Burton is disorganised, lacks communication and should be demanding the ball carrying his team to success. Flanno on the other hand lacks confidence, cannot engage the line nor effectively kick the ball.

Oluapo is the answer.

Im also throwing down the challenge to Cameron Ciraldo, if you truely believe *quote* “we will develop our own style of football working to our strengths” - let Burton play unstructured (aka: Munster) and take a chance on Oluapo giving him a licence to thrill to.

This team CANNOT PLAY STRUCTURED FOOTBALL!!!! Let them play the free-flowing style that Mick Potter adopted.
100% agree, he will only benefit from playing beside reed in FG, and the experience he gains this year will set us up for a red hot crack in 24. And at worst its impossible for him to bring less to the team than flange.