Young dog Oloapu doing everything right

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good point about Papalii.. Might have to wait til round 11 for him. The other two should hopefully be in FG in the next few weeks. If Katoa can start for the Dolphins instead of Milford, then soon enough Oloapu can replace Flanagan.
Katoa is a year older then KO.
Karl just turned 18 in January, id love him in first grade but he really needs to hone his craft in Cup for a while and bulid his confidence.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Karl just turned 18 in January, id love him in first grade but he really needs to hone his craft in Cup for a while and bulid his confidence.
And toughen up to get his body used to the NRL hits, I think that young Katoa can barely walk today after the heavy tackles he wore yesterday.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Walker comparison pisses me off, yesterday he made 18 tackles, missed 5 and 4 were ineffective that a 67% tackle efficiency. And that with his "new bulked up body", FMD it's worse than he was last year.

Always a Bulldog

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Flanagan, Perham and Averillo keep struggling in the next few weeks then hopefully they're replaced by Oloapu, Papalii and Skelton respectively with Kiraz to centre and Skelton to wing..

They might ideally need more time in Reserves, but they also all look much better than those they'd be replacing.. Flanagan and Averillo especially have had more than enough chances..

Those three are our most exciting prospects in Reserve Grade.. There's no time like the present..
Im big fan of Skelton. Love him to see him take alamotis side and Alamoti to replace averillo

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he keeps up his form from last week, then another month in Reserves will hold him in good stead. Physically he's up to it unlike most other young halves as he's such a strong kid with good defensive technique. So him being only 18 is less significant because he's a physical freak.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want him FG asap but I don't want him to catch the shitness that the BYEdogs have been for the last 7 years...
let's see how things are in a month's time surely he cant be any worse than Flanagun

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good point about Papalii.. Might have to wait til round 11 for him. The other two should hopefully be in FG in the next few weeks. If Katoa can start for the Dolphins instead of Milford, then soon enough Oloapu can replace Flanagan.
difference is there is that sullivan is running the show and Katoa is playing on the back of him. Karl would need to be the dominant half if he came in at 7 as burton clearly cant do it

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Music to my ears when I’m so used to finger nails scrapping on the board.

Better to wait till he’s ready, he doesn’t need the pressure to carry the team on his shoulders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
difference is there is that sullivan is running the show and Katoa is playing on the back of him. Karl would need to be the dominant half if he came in at 7 as burton clearly cant do it
Burton would still do most of the kicking. I think they'd figure it out and could be a good combo as two running threats with kicking games

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴅᴏɢ ᴏʟᴏᴀᴘᴜ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʀɪɢʜᴛ⚪

Via SMH Sport Michael Chammas

Karl Oloapu, the young superstar halfback the Bulldogs lured from Brisbane this year, has made a huge impression at his new club.

Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo has told the 18-year-old all about the professionalism of Nathan Cleary, including that Cleary was always the last player on the field after training working on his craft at the Panthers.

Since that conversation, Oloapu has been the last player off the field at Belmore. The Herald watched him train last week.

Not only did he spend the most time on the paddock, he helped pack up all the equipment when he was finished before shaking hands with all the staff and thanking them for their help.

It seems his attitude matches his talent. While Kyle Flanagan has been given first crack at the No.7 jersey, the club is growing more and more comfortable with the prospect of Oloapu debuting in the NRL as a teenager if the opportunity presents.

View attachment 66022
By the third round he will be our halfback.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Sullivan looked like a very solid 7 when he filled in for Cleary, I’m surprised we didn’t go after him.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Sullivan looked like a very solid 7 when he filled in for Cleary, I’m surprised we didn’t go after him.
Hey so did Burton, he looked like a fucking world beater when he filled in during origin at Penrith. Now look at him, useless lol. (Obv i know hes probs had a bad start and hes got the talent but yeh needs to pull his finger out.)