Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently broncos are getting a forward back from them

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair to him I don't think he was in charge when Taupau signed his extension?
I think he did; NRL.com articles says he sign to go back in 2018, Marty's extension was published Dec 2019 - so classic Des

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know you like Tevita at prop but I think we need him more in the second row and he still plays well there. If Marty is cheap then you'd be happy to have him. But I reckon Manly won't pay much
I don't think we do, I think we need him in the middle and to nail our middle rotation. He does too much on the edge and defends poorly there imo, much rather him charging forward through the middle and popping offloads away, think that offers us way more value. I'd also rather Hetherington on an edge compared to him, defenitely not the both of them though. Then again how I want us to play seems totally different to how Baz does..lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon (and this is only a small thing in the overall picture) Taupau would be a great influencer for the up and comers like Patolo and Tuifua also.
Only works if a few things align i guess we will see.

Last edited:

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon (and this is only a small thing in the overall picture) Taupau would be a great influencer for the up and comers like of Patolo and Tuifua also.
Only works if a few things align i guess we will see.
Agree,Marty at the right price for maybe 2 years maximum would be a great role model for some of our up and coming forwards to learn from.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manly are enjoying some success now but will end up in the same hole. Hasler is still implementing his dirty salary cap methods which clearly don’t ensure long term sustainable success
I hope so. I hate the *****

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if we can pay no more than 400k ish.. you end up with front row of Vaughan, Tapau, Thompson, Ava, Pataulo, and hetherington if he doesnt play 2nd row... I can see this happening if we manage to release Thompson without paying anything/very little for him to play elsewhere.. if not I can only see us having one more minimum wage prop like say ogden
The old Bullfrog quote comes to mind, of needing 6 front rowers. 2 on the field, 2 on the bench and 2 suspended.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading it wrong, when they sack Elliott I believe they will re sign Ogden.
He won't cost us a motza, and the most telling fact is that he wasn't farewelled by the club.

I see him as our extra middle forward -

1ST STRINGERS

Middles-
Thompson
Vaughan
Ogden
Patolo

Edge & Middle -
Jackson (although middle is limited to lock)
RFM
Hetherington
TPG

Extra Edge Players-
Waddell
Topine
Doorey (although injured most of 22)
Stuckey

My pack from this list

8. Vaughan
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Hetherington or RFM
12. TPG
13. Jackson

15. Hetherington or RFM
16. Patolo
17. Ogden

I don't think we'd be spending $550 k plus to get big Marty back.

Just my opinion though.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a rumour or an opinion you have because Bullemor's going to Manly (which is pretty much official, if not already). Gus said we have no money left in the cap besides minimum wage for our last spot. The only way we'd have money is if we sack Elliott and Manly chip in 300k. I don't think we need another short term option at prop since we've signed Vaughan already.
We should have some realy good forwards next year but it depends on what position TBaz and Gus want to play them.
For a start, I'd like to play Herethington and Thompson on the edge, with Vaughn and TPJ starting up front, If we were to get Tapau, perhaps TPJ could alternete with Thompson and Herethington, Ava, Patalo could spell the props.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love marty back, was sad to see him depart,be a big force adding him to our awesome new 22 pack.!! Wait an see I guess.

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh and his bro junior would attract him too he plays in our Harold Matt’s side

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading it wrong, when they sack Elliott I believe they will re sign Ogden.
He won't cost us a motza, and the most telling fact is that he wasn't farewelled by the club.

I see him as our extra middle forward -

1ST STRINGERS

Middles-
Thompson
Vaughan
Ogden
Patolo

Edge & Middle -
Jackson (although middle is limited to lock)
RFM
Hetherington
TPG

Extra Edge Players-
Waddell
Topine
Doorey (although injured most of 22)
Stuckey

My pack from this list

8. Vaughan
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Hetherington or RFM
12. TPG
13. Jackson

15. Hetherington or RFM
16. Patolo
17. Ogden

I don't think we'd be spending $550 k plus to get big Marty back.

Just my opinion though.
Spot on totally agree ogden will be a cheap prop

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1.Averillo/Dufty
2.JAC
3.Naden
4.Shouup
5.Cotric
6. Burton
7. BBO/Averillo