Rumour You heard it here first

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this because Aloai dropped him at training captains run why Aloai was stood down

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
Didn't Marty just publicly post that he was going to be at Manly in 2022?
Was reported on their Silvertails site..... supposedly interviewed on 1170 Sen Sydney and said so himself about 2-3 days ago....

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
id be shocked if we bought him TBH

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair to him I don't think he was in charge when Taupau signed his extension?
Taupau made 25 appearances for Manly in the 2019 NRL season as the club qualified for the finals after finishing in sixth place. Taupau played in the club's elimination final victory over Cronulla and also featured in Manly's elimination final loss against South Sydney.On 10 December, Taupau signed a contract extension with Manly to remain at the club until the end of the 2022 season.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles[edit]
On 22 October 2018, Hasler was announced as the new head coach of Manly for the 2019 season.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s shit these days too ok’d and only made a name lifting weights…. Pass

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless he comes very cheap it’s not worth bailing manly out.

Guy will be 32 before next year stars. Either through falling down the pecking order at manly or age he isn’t as dominant as he once was. The nostalgia would be nice. But on 800k even if we pay 450 that is a large chunk of cap. And will he perform as a 450k player week in week out?

Vaughan, Jackson, Ava most probably won’t be here long enough for a premiership. Last thing you need is another flush out in 2 years.

a young forward to replace Elliot. And maybe moving flanno and cotric for a decent half I’d take. Getting a 32 year old former hard man on his last contract you’d have to be desperate. In his day was a game changer. Will never forget the run he took with a busted knee against I think parra. Another disastrous release by hasler. That guy seemed retarded or just made every decision to bring the club down.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I never wanted him to go, just like Finucane however they obviously did. We missed his prime and no way is he worth 800k, that's absolutely ridiculous money. He's worth maybe half that. It's hard to see where the club is thinking with regards to some important pieces, namely 7 & 9 so I don't know if blowing any money we have (Gus said we don't?) on another prop.