Opinion You have to feel sorry for Jacko

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I will be honest in what I thought/think and Jacko has been my favourite player in this really rough period. At one stage I would have kept him only and released everyone else.

Ok, his form this year has been horrible. The penalties, vital missed tackles that lead to try's and mistakes which were never in his game but are now prevalent? Last night I was sitting there thinking, this guy needs to be relieved of the Captain duties, it's become a curse at our club. I'm not sure if he likes the job, I hope he doesn't so it can be given to someone else.

So I was painfully watching our game last night and was thinking, fuk Jacko is becoming ordinary now? Then 1 minute later he pulls off that tackle..... I don't know if it's age, workload (both on and off the field), Pay, position or the team around him but our most consistent is fuking struggling. He looks unhappy as fuk out there on the field too which I guess is understandable.

Maybe it's all of the above but man he use to be way better!
True. D'ya think he has built up too much for his upper body and lost agility. Certainly can't run those lines or get around the outside as consistently.

Been a champion for us. Maybe if the coaching is refreshed?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Again with the fuckwits picking on the captain.

First it was Ennis, than it was James Graham and now its Josh Jackson.

With the dopey supporters like the ones we have on the kennel, we deserve nothing less than what we are copping.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could tell he was buggered as well. The only negative I saw was that he clocked off once after we created a second phase play. I don't think it's feasible to move him into the middle and play 80 minutes, especially when we're going to be defending most of the game. Either 80 minutes second row or 50-60 minutes lock.
Our whole squad look really unfit

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Again with the fuckwits picking on the captain.

First it was Ennis, than it was James Graham and now its Josh Jackson.

With the dopey supporters like the ones we have on the kennel, we deserve nothing less than what we are copping.
Price and to an extent, Ryan, were real captains who let their actions speak for themselves.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Price and to an extent, Ryan, were real captains who let their actions speak for themselves.
im not knocking any of our captains to date, as they have all been good in my eyes. From Price down to Jackson.

Price/Ryan era was the real dogs of war - Omeley, Mason, Asotasi, etc. Top players, tough and grubs when required

Ennis/Graham era was a good pack/team. Not Dogs of war, but plenty of aggression and grubiness. People can say what they want, you dont fluke 2 GF appearances in 3 years.

Jackson era as captain. A team who are a bunch of soft cocks, barring Jackson and the recent addition of DWZ. I've watched DWZ at Penrith quite a bit and he has plenty of agro and can be a grub, which is what i love and what we need

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
True. D'ya think he has built up too much for his upper body and lost agility. Certainly can't run those lines or get around the outside as consistently.

Been a champion for us. Maybe if the coaching is refreshed?
You know the funny thing is that in that trial match at the start of the year he ran a line and showed some great speed, think he scored from memory. I commented on here that he must have worked on his pace?

No doubt the lack of quality and assistance around him is telling. Maybe he's just buggered from the extra effort he has had to put in this year to cover the shite around him? Who knows if there will be anything left of him by 2021 when we are suppose to see the fruits of our pain from the salary cap?

P.S Our club had killed the blokes career. He use to be first picked in Origin, 90k per year he has lost.

Last edited:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Jacko had a good game, but he has been so hot and cold this year. I know it is hard to be consistent in a shit team, and im sure he'd look a lot better in a decent squad, but I still don't think he is the answer at lock, we need a bigger body there. And he just doesn't threaten enough in attack to remain at 2nd row. Keep around until 2021 then move him on.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Pricey was an excellent Captain and had much respect from the refs. Probably my favourite Captain to date.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jacko is part of the problem unfortunately he's been terribly out of form all year although his last few games have shown a bit of improvement.
How cant you be out of form having a crusty phallus as coach and a team of blind ***** playing behind you?

Legit, even players we like on here like CHN, they see a gap on the edge and what do they do? Crabwalk into the middle of the field. Idiots.

Poor bloke is probably depressed out of his mind. Form or not.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jacko is down on form, but i will never bag the bloke. He has put his heart into this club and hasnt recieved much in return

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you just have to

He saved a try, he played well, but his team isn’t getting behind him. It’s just sad
First of all he played ok last night,but his form this year has been terrible,I've not seen him miss as many tackles as he has,and how often has he dropped the ball in critical situations,we all know he's better than this,