You can look at it both ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haytchcbb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People say you can’t blame pay because of the roster and the mess that he has inherited yet the counter of that is yeah ok he’s inherited a mess but he can make some obvious changes to this roster eg. why play holland at hooker? Why not inject the likes of rhyse Martin,okanbur,Lewis, ogden etc, why consist with JMK at 5/8 when you can throw him in as hooker? Why is mbye taking our last play options and kicking when there’s Foran?

So please cut the bullshit with “oh poor pay he’s been left with a mess” FMD

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran is not the same player he once was, he never will be ! He’s tough an tries his ass off, but the best is long gone unfortunately. We got him at the end of his career after trying so hard for him many times . It didn’t pay off when we finally got our man. Good on him for not giving up an taking the challenge.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran is best when he doesn't have useless flogs around him going nowhere, dropping the ball, and gassed after 5 minutes of the game.

I agree, Hasler isn't to blame, he's the excuse for inability to perform.

Similar side to last year was doing better, and these players don't forget how to attack/defend. Our attack is WORSE than (this time) last year, despite Pay saying it was something he was going to fix.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is best when he doesn't have useless flogs around him going nowhere, dropping the ball, and gassed after 5 minutes of the game.

I agree, Hasler isn't to blame, he's the excuse for inability to perform.

Similar side to last year was doing better, and these players don't forget how to attack/defend. Our attack is WORSE than (this time) last year, despite Pay saying it was something he was going to fix.
Our attack is marginally worse this year by 5 points over 8 rounds. Defence is worse than last year. Predominantly same cattle although Tolman and Graham were always solid in defence. Pay uses a different defensive pattern to Des.

Manly and Penrith rolled us big time in 2017 where the Dogs failed to bother the scorer on each occasion so we clearly had issues in 2017 with scoring points which has carried through to 2018.

Foran needs support at 6 or 7. Not sure JMK is the answer. Haven't seen enough of Lewis to suggest he is the answer.

As for the Hasler comment I don't think I've heard Pay lay any blame on Hasler. Dib was the individual who spruiked an end of year review in 2017. His review determined that fans and the club weren't happy with the style of play (no shit Sherlock) etc etc which led to Hasler's demise.

Hasler Dib and Cleal are absolutely to blame for the roster we have. They are not to blame for dropped balls and penalties. Nor is Pay.

When Hasler came to this great club the lower grades were competitive. Reserves had won 3 of the 4 preceding years premiership and the 20s were a top 8 team. Look what happened post Des. Des did help 1st grade but credit for 2012 should go to Barba who had an outstanding season.

We don't have the right cattle thanks to poor recruitment decisions. I doubt Bellamy could make this team successful.

I do agree however that the young blokes deserve a crack. Montoya Liccha Elliott and Flopolo need to go with some of the players you've previously mentioned in other threads given a go. That decision certainly rests with Pay.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our attack is marginally worse this year by 5 points over 8 rounds. Defence is worse than last year. Predominantly same cattle although Tolman and Graham were always solid in defence. Pay uses a different defensive pattern to Des.

Manly and Penrith rolled us big time in 2017 where the Dogs failed to bother the scorer on each occasion so we clearly had issues in 2017 with scoring points which has carried through to 2018.

Foran needs support at 6 or 7. Not sure JMK is the answer. Haven't seen enough of Lewis to suggest he is the answer.

As for the Hasler comment I don't think I've heard Pay lay any blame on Hasler. Dib was the individual who spruiked an end of year review in 2017. His review determined that fans and the club weren't happy with the style of play (no shit Sherlock) etc etc which led to Hasler's demise.

Hasler Dib and Cleal are absolutely to blame for the roster we have. They are not to blame for dropped balls and penalties. Nor is Pay.

When Hasler came to this great club the lower grades were competitive. Reserves had won 3 of the 4 preceding years premiership and the 20s were a top 8 team. Look what happened post Des. Des did help 1st grade but credit for 2012 should go to Barba who had an outstanding season.

We don't have the right cattle thanks to poor recruitment decisions. I doubt Bellamy could make this team successful.

I do agree however that the young blokes deserve a crack. Montoya Liccha Elliott and Flopolo need to go with some of the players you've previously mentioned in other threads given a go. That decision certainly rests with Pay.
Can’t agree on the cattle part , if we had Graham, kasiano, Reynolds and even Tolman we’d have a much stronger team then this year. Foran has no faith in his body at all , when he kicks it’s like he’s waiting for his hamstring to snap .... Woods is another Des prop , great numbers but minimal impact .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't worry, Pay resorted to reading the kennel and made a few change.

He owes us... lol

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, Pay resorted to reading the kennel and made a few change.

He owes us... lol
We need more then a few lol hoppa Montoya Elliot woods still need to go, we need a fresh salary cap and some juniors and start from scratch, unfortunately that seems our only answer

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People say you can’t blame pay because of the roster and the mess that he has inherited yet the counter of that is yeah ok he’s inherited a mess but he can make some obvious changes to this roster eg. why play holland at hooker? Why not inject the likes of rhyse Martin,okanbur,Lewis, ogden etc, why consist with JMK at 5/8 when you can throw him in as hooker? Why is mbye taking our last play options and kicking when there’s Foran?

So please cut the bullshit with “oh poor pay he’s been left with a mess” FMD
I have always said he’s 50% responsible but I can’t lump the entirety of the mess on his shoulders no way.
Team selections
Bench rotations
Attacking style
Line speed and aggression yes

The roster and lil wiggle room in salary cap no

Status
Not open for further replies.