You’ll have both Klemmer & Woods during Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Hopefully a kick up the ass Woods needs but Klemmer has been playing well, doing the same thing he did last season, don't understand why Fittler wouldn't pick him. If he goes with the likes of Vaughan from dragons the blues in trouble lol

Malla

Reaction score
Klemmer so far this year:

Most post contact meters
Most runs by a forward (2nd overall)
Most meters by a forward (3rd overall)
Has been picked in the NSW team of the week 5 times already this year.

Seriously, what the fuck more do you expect of him?
Thanks for backing up what I thought with stats.

Fittler can get fucked

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Buderus one of the selectors? On the game call Woz rattled off Klemmer stats saying his numbers are great but then Bedsy said something like ‘yeah but he has more touches than any other prop in the league ‘
he and Brandy are, yes

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards are a problem.
A big problem
They are not fit enough.
Almost every game they run out of puff in the 2nd half. As a result they get dominated, give up easy meters, start dropping the ball and give up field position.
That's a big reason we can't score in the 2nd half, no territory and very few scoring opportunities.

And the bunching in the centre of the field in defence is also a problem.
Hopoate & Montoya cop a lot of shit about defence.
Sliding to cover an overlap caused by lazy arsed forwards bunched in the centre is not easy to defend.
I agree that our forwards are a problem but I don't think it is about fitness. They are plenty fit enough, but stupid errors means they burn up energy they could use in attack. There just seems to be a lack of cohesion among them. Individually most are doing a reasonable job but collectively they just aren't laying the platform that is necessary. Woods is hitting it up and looking for offloads to people who aren't there. Klemm is charging forward which should give Lichaa a platform to dart from DH but doesn't. RFM isn't hitting the holes properly. He is doing plenty of runs but it is all off the cuff. Elliott is almost invisible and JJ just isn't an edge backrower anymore. Then we go to the bench and really only Eastwood has any sort of step and strength. The others are battering rams or centres....

We need a right edge runner, RFM to get out wide and hit the holes and JJ to tighten the guts. If Lichaa/Mbye/Foran trail Woods when he hits it up we will turn things around PDQ. While we aren't playing Desball anymore we haven't really created much doubt in the opp and that makes us easier to pick off.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see how our forwards are the problem when we have plenty of ball in striking range. If we had better attack, we would be further up the ladder and not even asking questions.. our spine is the problem and has been for a number of seasons.. JMK has shown his intent in defence now needs to put that same intent into attack. Moses needs to get more involved. Lichaa needs to peel oranges.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see how our forwards are the problem when we have plenty of ball in striking range. If we had better attack, we would be further up the ladder and not even asking questions.. our spine is the problem and has been for a number of seasons.. JMK has shown his intent in defence now needs to put that same intent into attack. Moses needs to get more involved. Lichaa needs to peel oranges.
The problem is that the middle forwards keep hitting it up inside the 20 as well and when it eventually goes wider it falls into the hands of JJ who is too slow or RFM who doesn't look for the hole so the sliding defence can pick them off pretty easily. The backs really don't get any touches during the game other than red zone hitups. Compare it to any other team in the comp and their backs get plenty of ball. Ours are picking daisies and chasing kicks.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You obviously haven’t watched any Roosters matches in 2018. Whilst the Roosters have been extremely disappointing, Tedesco has been busting a gut. Looks like you also haven’t bothered to watch any Bulldogs games if you can find room for 3 Dogs forwards in the forwards.
Couldn’t find room for both Morris brothers in the backs ?
Tedesco has done sweet fuck all and he has Cronk Keary & Friend in the spine.

Dogs pack is playing infront of a busted and clueless 6, 7 & 9.

Have you seen Cordner this year? He has been fucking shit and he is the Blues captain! So on form he should be dropped?

Blues major problem is the 9 and the 6 or 7 (whichever way you look at it as Maloney can play 6 & 7, so youre missing a half to partner him)

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are part of the problem with the slow play the balls from losing the wrestle even after making all those extra meters which dosnt help since there playing with the slowest and most inaccurate dummy half already

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco has done sweet fuck all and he has Cronk Keary & Friend in the spine.

Dogs pack is playing infront of a busted and clueless 6, 7 & 9.

Have you seen Cordner this year? He has been fucking shit and he is the Blues captain! So on form he should be dropped?

Blues major problem is the 9 and the 6 or 7 (whichever way you look at it as Maloney can play 6 & 7, so youre missing a half to partner him)
Agree Cordner has been very average this year and dosent deserve to be the first picked. I was critical of Teddy for the first month but since he has been a lot more involved.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ouch Not in my opinion. Both are good at different things.
Cordner is better at more important things in their position. Cordners line running is just so far ahead of Jackson's.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cordner is better at more important things in their position. Cordners line running is just so far ahead of Jackson's.
Ive looked at their stats to gather a comparison as i thought Cordner was playing shit aswell. Whilst Cordner is out of form he's still running good lines and racking up way more run metres than Jacko. Josh struggles to earn over 100 whereas Boyd will usually smash it sometimes hitting 160-180m pg

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that our forwards are a problem but I don't think it is about fitness. They are plenty fit enough, but stupid errors means they burn up energy they could use in attack. There just seems to be a lack of cohesion among them. Individually most are doing a reasonable job but collectively they just aren't laying the platform that is necessary. Woods is hitting it up and looking for offloads to people who aren't there. Klemm is charging forward which should give Lichaa a platform to dart from DH but doesn't. RFM isn't hitting the holes properly. He is doing plenty of runs but it is all off the cuff. Elliott is almost invisible and JJ just isn't an edge backrower anymore. Then we go to the bench and really only Eastwood has any sort of step and strength. The others are battering rams or centres....

We need a right edge runner, RFM to get out wide and hit the holes and JJ to tighten the guts. If Lichaa/Mbye/Foran trail Woods when he hits it up we will turn things around PDQ. While we aren't playing Desball anymore we haven't really created much doubt in the opp and that makes us easier to pick off.
I think our forwards are unfit relative to other teams.
I'm basing that on our 2nd half performance.
Our line speed is dropping off badly in the 2nd half.
They are dropping balls and making more handeling errors in the 2nd half because of fatigue.
I agree with you about the edge runners by the way.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is that the middle forwards keep hitting it up inside the 20 as well and when it eventually goes wider it falls into the hands of JJ who is too slow or RFM who doesn't look for the hole so the sliding defence can pick them off pretty easily. The backs really don't get any touches during the game other than red zone hitups. Compare it to any other team in the comp and their backs get plenty of ball. Ours are picking daisies and chasing kicks.
Well that's not forwards problem, that's obviously a game plan or halfs arnt calling for ball like good Halfs should! Either pay wants it or halfs need to take control and get the backs involved

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes jackson a better defender and a better motor and more heart. I would want Jackson in the trenches over Cordner put it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.