1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

OLD Yet another NRL club loses one of their up and coming superstars to the Rorters!

Discussion in 'Rumour Archive' started by Blue & White Dynamite, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Blue & White Dynamite

Blue & White Dynamite Participant

This is my first thread as a new member guy’s so go easy ok lol

I don’t know about the rest of you but I truly am sick to death of hearing about the Roosters pinching the creme of the crop from other clubs!

Obviously the latest is young gun Angus Chrighton from Souths signing a three year deal to join the Roosters in 2019.

Everytime I hear about that whore of a club signing other struggling clubs stars I just want to throw up, unbelievable how the NRL keeps letting this type of thing happen when the whole general Rugby League community knows there’s obviously cap rorting going on yet they still persist to let it happen!

The dogs sign two half decent players in Keiran Foran and Aaron Woods and all of a sudden we are non compliant with the salary cap and have to cut half a squad before they register them!

Please share your thoughts and frustrations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Featured on Social Media Featured on Social Media x 1
  2. Mitch Connor

Mitch Connor Super Moderator Staff Member

Boyd Cordner will be pushed out. His knee's are cooked. He's just a hard cunt and doesn't show it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Boyd’s currently only on a touch over minimum mate. Until he leaves the roosters then he should free up enough for Angus and Taumalolo and half of Holmes cap.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CCC

CCC Forum Regular

I’ve said this before. The NRL needs to scrap the current cap inc 3 party. Give every player in the top 30 for each club a value and apply a cap as per a fantasy league style. Then it doesn’t matter how much 3rd Party rorting goes on with real dollars they can’t over index in top line players

Eg. For Crichton the NRL could have said at the start of the year he was worth $500k pa for the next 3 years as an up and coming talent. Somebody like K Holland might be given a value of $120k etc. doesn’t really matter the real value as long as there is a process that is fair and the cap is set up for each club to fit a mix of players into their squad each year

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. CCC

CCC Forum Regular

In this case the rorters would say they are only paying him $100k because he really just wants to play for them but it counts as $500k towards the cap regardless

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daustin

Daustin Forum Regular

As much as it is annoying there is nothing wrong with it and nothing stopping us and 14 other clubs doing the same. The roosters are just well run but I must say i think if you asked most fans and clubs they would much rather see players they have developed over a period of time combine to win a premiership rather than buy one. Tough question though as a GF win is still enjoyable for anyone

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

I agree, its an absolute farce. The NRL are clearly not committed to the growth of the game when they allow such obvious rorting to carry on. TPAs are also a massive blight on the game that creative a massive inbalance of the cap.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Como Dog

Como Dog Forum Regular

The NRL are an absolute f***ing joke. Their TPA system is designed to let the Broncos, Roosters etc cheat the cap. No matter how ridiculous the situation gets the Roosters still get protected by the NRL.

The media are all paid mouth pieces for Nick Politis.

Oh and if the salary cap rorting and TPAs weren't enough, then the 2018 draw was announced and look at which teams fared best there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  9. Como Dog

Como Dog Forum Regular

I've suggested this before with points. The problem is the NRL do not want to fix the 'problem' as it's this scenario that they want to play out.

• Like Like x 3
  10. XR6T

XR6T Kennel Enthusiast

Should be called the NPL.....the NICK POLITIS LEAGUE!
    What a disgrace.....reminds me of Manly in the older days where they pillaged every club so that they could win something!

• Like Like x 3
  11. D- voice

D- voice Forum Regular

It's Called
    NRL
    National Rorters League :rage:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

They already do that. What you really want is for those figures to be publicly available so the fans can understand it. The only thing wrong with the system is the lack of visibility publicly in relation to the contracts that are signed. The thing is though that once people see Cronk and Teddy signed to a contract of say $500k because the rest is in TPAs then they are just going to go off about that. The TPAs are an agreement to do non football related activities or if you like a second job. Why would or should a player disclose how much he is getting for something that isn't related to him being on the field? He gets the cash for corporate and advertising related activities.

• Like Like x 1
  13. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

At least with Manly it was legal!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. finchie

finchie Immortal

I think he was a roosters junior to begin with wasn’t he?

15. finchie

finchie Immortal

Ps Fcuk the roosters

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oatley Dog

He played a couple of Ball games while on rehab from rugby (go figure!!) and then went to souths. He is from the bush and went to private school in the East. That's their only connection.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vlasnik

Vlasnik Immortal

Screw the Mother F*ckin cap cheating chooks but you wont catch me crying for Souths either!!!!

P.S Hey Nick you wrinkled old Dick why don't you f#ck off back to Greece already!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oatley Dog

That's the problem isn't it. In the old days everyone hated the Eagles and we reserved a bit for the Eels but now I fair dinkum hate Drags, Rorters, Wabbits, Parra, Manly and the Sharks in Sydney alone. I only dislike the tigers and have nothing for the Panthers left......Knights, Warriors and Titans are OK. The others we tend to beat more often than most so while I hate some bits about them I don't hate them overall. It's just so hard these days!!!!:rage:

• Like Like x 1
  19. D.O.W.

D.O.W. Kennel Enthusiast

Nowadays everyone hates us, the media has done it's best to ensure that happens and it's 100% due to our geographical location and our cultural demographic.

• Best Post Best Post x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Oatley Dog

True, but we haven't exactly helped ourselves either. We had a lot of plonkers masquerading as members in the early 2000's that created a marketing nightmare for us. Throw in the allegations and the other things that had nothing to do with us but linked the ethnic thing in and we were on a hiding to nothing. The casual follower couldn't help but link all of it back to us and our (club) culture. Having Mason, Matua and a couple of others carrying on around the same time just added to the perception that the club and fans were all rubbish. We've pulled a fair bit back but it will never be far from the surface whenever we have a problem - hence the 'bulldog and a bomb' jibe.

• Like Like x 3