Yesterday's Hero: Jason Hetherington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Previous Yesterday's Hero threads:

Darren Smith: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/yesterdays-hero-darren-smith.108562/
Craig Polla-Mounter: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/yesterdays-hero-craig-polla-mounter.108757/
Daryl Halligan: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/yesterdays-hero-daryl-halligan.108856/

Jason Hetherington

Jason Hetherington was born in Baralaba, Queensland, Australia.

Nicknamed 'The Horse', Jason established himself as a hooker, but he started his career off as a five-eighth. Hetherington started his career playing club football for the Gold Coast Chargers and the Bulldogs in Australia, winning a premiership with the latter in 1995.

He also played representative football for Queensland, including one Man of the Match performance in the opening game of the 1999 series. Hetherington also gained selection for Australia. In Super League he played for the London Broncos with whom he finished his career at the end of the 2002 season.

In 2000 Hetherington was awarded the Australian Sports Medal for his contribution to Australia's international standing in the sport of rugby league.

hetherington_j_98a.jpg

l_1999 cenovis bulldogs card (10).jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Mr Invisible can you please change the thread title to Yesterday's Hero: Jason Hetherington

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a great hooker for us. Wry sense of humour too. I remember when he was asked about Darryl Halligans goal kicking record he said “The way he’s kicking them, I’d hate to be his dog”

Wahesh

Reaction score
He was the guy who started the whole hooker tough guy thing of the 90s. Short but built like a tank. A true Bulldog if there ever was a definition.

I wonder what he's doing these days.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite dogs players of all time, made me wanna player hooker whenever we played a game of footy

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason H was a bloody Bulldog through and through, hard as nails and a real competitor. No frills type but when he hit you he made you feel it and he hit plenty in his day.
Real knock a bout Queenslander, dry as the desert in wit.
Great player and great Bulldog.

Wahesh

Reaction score
One of, if not, our greatest hooker. Loved this guy. I still remember him in the 1995 grand final. This guy was as tough as they come. No hookers today are made the way this guy was. An absolute legend.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to spend three days with gilly,Alf and Jason at Clive palmers Coolum resort during an origin camp a few years ago the three funniest ***** I’ve ever met and a big part of why Queensland has been so successful in recent times

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you guys have said;
Super tough.
A major force in defense. Could read a game knew what was coming and showed up to close the opponent play down.
Superb passer both off the ground and in play.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My favourite Bulldog. Tough as fucking guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.