Opinion Yesterdays embarrassment

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shaun Lane has really come on as a player. Whether that is Arthur's coaching systems whatever. There are players there who have improved so much.

Moses, Papaali, Lane are playing their best footy and to their potential. Penisini and Opacic look good in their system as well.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pity they don't realise they are probably playing for their careers at the club. Ciraldo would be watching with keen interest right now with a broom in hand ready to sweep out these non performers.
That's the stupidity of a lot of 1st grade players. The last 4 years there have been players playing for their careers & so many just gave up without so much as a whimper. It's as though they knew the writing was on the wall. Look at Lichaa - he put in 3 good games at the end of a season & got an extended contract. It just shows that you never know what the coach is thinking, so you might as well put up a fight. You may get lucky & get re-signed or another club might pick you up. It seems if we have a sports psychologist, they are failing miserably.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It started 20mins into the first half of the Cowboys game, they switched off and broke the switch.

You are giving them too much credit. It's a dud team and the "better" players have dropped to the duds levels.

They fluked a few wins but now back to reality.
I really don't see how these were fluked wins. You can't beat a side by 30 points & say it's a fluke.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One team has been chopping and changing coaches for 5 years, the other team has had one who has been there for 10 years.

There is a reason they have been a finals team, they have had a lot of stability since Brad Arthur took over.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One team has been chopping and changing coaches for 5 years, the other team has had one who has been there for 10 years.

There is a reason they have been a finals team, they have had a lot of stability since Brad Arthur took over.
Yeah, but there's but valid reason why we changed coaches each time. The problem was the cap & the wrong coaches selected.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you have to give Parra credit with how they've run the club over the past decade. They've got rep forwards and spine players who are knocking down the door for rep honor's.

They have stuck with Arthur and they've made their home ground a tough place to come away with two points.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100 percent agree with the SAS boot camp, we need a shift in mentality and intensity. I can't stand these performances especially the defence it is paper thin at times.

Malla

Reaction score
100 percent agree with the SAS boot camp, we need a shift in mentality and intensity. I can't stand these performances especially the defence it is paper thin at times.
It’s soft
They are mentally weak
Flat track bullies
A little bit of adversity and they fold like an envelope

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst game of the season could be merely weeks away. Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles in the battle of the bore.

Will probably end up a 1 all draw at full time after extra time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really don't see how these were fluked wins. You can't beat a side by 30 points & say it's a fluke.
Compared to rest of the season they were flukes. Plus Parra were way off their best, even Gus mentioned there is a good and bad Parra team and we learnt that the hard way. Tigers game not a fluke.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Compared to rest of the season they were flukes. Plus Parra were way off their best. Tigers game not a fluke.
Ah so there was a non-fluke. What about Newcastle & GC were they flukes too? Remember we were coming off a VERY low base line.

Malla

Reaction score
No fluke wins
They were games we played great footy however everything went our way
There are 6 games that I can rattle off now where we were playing well then something didn’t go our way or we had to defend for extended periods and they just gave up which shows how weak the team is
Cowboys game the most recent example

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I woke up with the shits this AM. Hate getting flogged. It was a good vibe for a while there when we were winning and playing better. Turned to shit again now. Can’t wait for preseason already.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We dont need a 4 week SAS style boot camp in the off season we need to not have an off season and start the SAS camp straight after last game .Maybe a few harden up princess talks to be had and a few more if you dont want to commit to the way we want to play to be fit and compeating every week hit the road jack. Quite a few players are more worried about how much money they can get an should be more worried about there performance each week NO PRIDE in the jersey . I am a big fan of JJ mighten be the most flamboyant or flashy player to pull on the team colours but at least he is trying week in week out. There are some players in our team who wouldnt bruise a grape let alone put a bit of hurt on in defence .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ah so there was a non-fluke. What about Newcastle & GC were they flukes too? Remember we were coming off a VERY low base line.
The fluke was holding on even with our 2nd half comas.

Agree with the low base line, we have returned to the same Baz base line these 2 weeks.

I just can't wait for CC to start the demolition and start the rebuild from the ground up. God help him and his staff...